PDA

View Full Version : Home from Cortez — Let us know!

F6Bster
08-25-2018, 03:18 PM
I got home from Cortez around 2pm today. Great 342 miles today from Cortez to Woodland Park. Mostly cloudy and cool until the last hour or so, but still a nice day for riding.

It was great meeting many of you and I really enjoyed showing off a bit of my Colorado. Good time on the San Juan Skyway on Thursday, then up to Gateway on Friday. Good riding partners.

Thanks to Rick and Teresa for hosting and organizing. Canopy, chairs, and tables a nice touch. Group dinner Thursday evening at LaCasita was EXCELLENT and yesterday at Jack and Janelle’s Country Kitchen very good also.

I hope everyone had a great day today at Mesa Verde (or wherever) and the social this evening is fun. Sorry I could not stay tonight also.

Wishing everyone s safe trip Home!

TailGunner
08-25-2018, 11:21 PM
JJ and I made it home around 5pm. Thanks to all who put in their time and effort. We had a blast

Az Wingrider
08-26-2018, 02:41 PM
Yabliah and I made it home to Phoenix. Nice uneventful and enjoyable ride.

Thank you Rick and Teresa for all you did. I had a thoroughly enjoyable time.

Looking forward to next time
Az Wingrider

53driver
08-26-2018, 04:30 PM
Y'all be safe and keep populating this thread please!!!
Anyone who might need any assistance, please let us know - there's bound to be something one of us can do.
Cheers,
Steve

jeffedose
08-26-2018, 06:43 PM
Got home last night to Denver after doing gateway canyon and the grand Mesa....556 on the odometer. Thanks to Rick as well...it was nice to meet some of the people on the forum and hope you all enjoyed our wonderful state and what I consider to be some of the best roads in the country. Maybe a yearly event in the mtns. Salida area is great as well. Very central to many more loops.

motornerd
08-26-2018, 08:50 PM
Made home to Norman Oklahoma. 814 miles today. Left at 4am, about the time shortleg left. Great time at the rally. Thanks Dave for the good rides. We had a good group.

F6Bster
08-26-2018, 08:55 PM
Made home to Norman Oklahoma. 814 miles today. Left at 4am, about the time shortleg left. Great time at the rally. Thanks Dave for the good rides. We had a good group.

It was a good group and I enjoyed riding with you guys!!!

jeffedose
08-26-2018, 10:11 PM
Wow 814. Nice.

jmdaniel
08-27-2018, 07:22 AM
Rolled out at 3:30am on Saturday, rolled into my driveway at 8:50pm (Central). Put the Wing in the garage. Crashed.

https://i.imgur.com/LjDOrpo.jpg

f6bcarider
08-27-2018, 02:10 PM
I'm home yes safe and sound... again thank you value accessories I enjoyed the rally

gadgeteer
08-27-2018, 05:59 PM
I had planned on riding with a group Saturday and return home Sunday.

Thought maybe even stay overnight somewhere in between Sunday night and make an easy return home Monday.

Personal reasons caused me to leave earlier than expected.

Left Cortez 6:30 Sat. morning. Nine hundred and twenty-four miles later, arrived home (Frisco, TX). Got in at 11:45pm.

I was a whipped puppy.

53driver
08-27-2018, 06:01 PM
I had planned on riding with a group Saturday and return home Sunday.

Thought maybe even stay overnight somewhere in between Sunday night and make an easy return home Monday.

Personal reasons caused me to leave earlier than expected.

Left Cortez 6:30 Sat. morning. Nine hundred and twenty-four miles later, arrived home (Frisco, TX). Got in at 11:45pm.

I was a whipped puppy.

76 more miles and you could have paid $65 dollars and received your Iron Butt Certificate!

Glad you are home safely sir.
Cheers,
Steve

gordon
08-28-2018, 09:10 AM
Made it home last night a little after 9pm. Rode to Amarillo the first day (Sunday) then rode to the Palo Duro Canyon before leaving for home Monday. Both days were 500 + miles in extremely hot and windy weather. Really enjoyed meeting everyone in Cortez and a special thanks to Rick (Value Accessories) and his team of organizers for a fun rally

3Chief
08-28-2018, 02:25 PM
Made it back to SoCal yesterday afternoon. Rode from Cortez to Phoenix on Sunday and the rest away yesterday. The GF and I had a great time and look forward to attending again in the future. Thank you Rick & Co!

Elroy
08-29-2018, 12:25 PM
Made it home to Ohio Monday evening. Mostly uneventful ride back home. Had some pretty decent crosswinds across Kansas.

Thanks to Rick and the others for organizing a great rally! It was my first and definitely not my last. I really enjoyed myself and meeting other members was a delight. Truly a great bunch of people we got here.

Luther
08-29-2018, 08:38 PM
Thank You so much for taking time to show us some fantastic motorcycle roads and beautiful scenery your knowledge of the areas we visited added a great deal to the enjoyment of the ride. It was a great pleasure to meet you and all the other men and women that made the trip. Back Home in Nashville 4000 more miles on the bike and loved every minute of the ride Thanks F6Bster Luther Tony from Tenneesse

ReserveBum
09-02-2018, 08:08 PM
home 7:30 last night. Jeff and Don as well. Outstanding trip. Enjoyed meeting all

zzh54
09-03-2018, 07:47 AM
Made it home safe and sound Saturday evening. Thanks to all who participated in this Rally, for me it truly was an adventure. Rode Rte 66 from Joplin Mo to Adrian Tx.. Pulled into Cortez Wednesday after riding rte 12 on the east side and side trip into the Great Sand Dunes. That was just the start of many miles. We did on an average of about 400 miles every day while there, yes we came to ride. Sunday we left taking Million Dollar Highway and then into Aspen and across Independence Pass. We stayed in Colorado till Wednesday afternoon riding Pikes Peak, Mt Evans, Rocky Mountain National Park, and Peak to Peak. All in all I arrived home with just shy of 7000 miles.
It was nice meeting everyone who attended, and getting tips from the local guys. I was looking forward to this trip and was thoroughly impressed with the great riding and spectacular views.
Again, Thank you to everyone who participated to make this Rally a success. To Jim and Don, thanks for the great riding partners for this trip, it was a blast.
Jeff

gadgeteer
09-03-2018, 08:30 AM
Hey zzh54, cool Avatar!

zzh54
09-03-2018, 10:53 AM
Hey zzh54, cool Avatar!

Thanks, Wife found it a few years back,,, To darn hot to wear though

GaTeach
09-04-2018, 10:07 AM
Thanks, Wife found it a few years back,,, To darn hot to wear though

I loved your pix! What an amazing adventure. Did it work out for Jim to ship his bike? Wondering how that went!

zzh54
09-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Yeah, he got it out there. On way to Rally he had tire issue , which was only the valve stem, got it in shop late and guy said he fix first thing in morning. Then I went up to meet him and rode on from there. It was a great trip on a great bike