PDA

View Full Version : Footrest / footpeg accessory advice

VStarRider
08-26-2018, 11:07 AM
I would like to add a set of accessory footrests to my bike this winter.

I am 6'1" with an approximately 33" inseam (34" inseam pants are a tad too long).

I do not want to go halfway up the valve covers of the engine, towards the front of the bike; the inside of my leg above the ankle wedges against the faring.

I do not want to have my legs way out in front or to the sides of the bike either as I am not comfortable in that extreme recline position, far from the controls and for the sake of comfort itself.

On my VStars, the feet positioning was just about perfect ... the boards allowed a lot of freedom for placement, but I almost always kept them on the back third. To measure in degrees, I would say at about 105 degrees, if looking at my legs from the side.

I notice that, with my feet positioned as they are in the picture below, my Corbin seat offers better support as it pushes my thighs out slightly, which allows the seat to support them underneath.

Here is the pic:

https://imgur.com/a/nd52dpA

Please share any advice about the brand of footrest that meet my needs. I would prefer footboards in that position, if possible.

Thanks.

RuneRider66
08-26-2018, 12:01 PM
VStarRider

The absolute best in my opinion are the Aeropegs that you can get off the wingstuff.com website. I have had a pair on my Rune for 60k miles. Another set on my first F6B for 20k miles and just bought another pair to put on my new F6B. They have a sleek design and when shut look like they were made for the bike. They come in black and Chrome and a silver alum color. They are easily installed in 20 min. The black eliminates the Chrome plastic piece on the valve cover. There are 3 different positions that the pegs can be mounted in. I am 5'10 with a 33/34 inseam. I have mine in the middle position. There are different thoughts about these pegs and you will get two answers. People either love them or hate them. Choose for yourself. But I have almost 100k miles of riding with them and they are very very nice. I have never ever had a problem with them....and they just plain look good too.
They also have a little rubber peg on the bottom side that allows you to pull them out with your boot while riding.

RuneRider66
08-26-2018, 12:03 PM
Here is a picture of the pegs on my old bike

RuneRider66
08-26-2018, 12:04 PM

RuneRider66
08-26-2018, 12:05 PM

olegoat345
08-26-2018, 12:30 PM
Kury has several to choose from. They mount on your engine guards & will adjust 8 ways from Sunday, Chrome or satin black a few peg designs to choose from. I'm pleased with mine.