PDA

View Full Version : I am in Texas

shortleg0521
08-26-2018, 03:31 PM
I left Cortez early this AM and stopped in Amarillo, think it was 500 or better to here.
Will leave early tomorrow to beat the heat and get in some miles to North Carolina.
What the heck happened to all the Men that signed up to come and then were noshows?

F6Bster
08-26-2018, 03:56 PM
There were quite a few that were planning. What the heck!!!! Well, the good thing is you can set your own pace and make the stops that YOU want. Safe trip!!!!

Az Wingrider
08-26-2018, 07:44 PM
Glad the first day went well. I really enjoyed meeting and interacting with you.
Travel safe
Az Wingrider

motornerd
08-27-2018, 09:56 PM
Where are you now? How about the cross winds in Texas and Oklahoma? I live here and I thought they were extra tough this week. Ride safe.

Ixol Phaane
08-28-2018, 10:35 AM
I left Cortez early this AM and stopped in Amarillo, think it was 500 or better to here.
Will leave early tomorrow to beat the heat and get in some miles to North Carolina.
What the heck happened to all the Men that signed up to come and then were noshows?

Hey there, shortleg!

Yeah, I'm one of "those" guys. I think AZ Wingrider probably shared my regrets with everyone.
I was in the middle of my planned month-long tour and got hit with a health crisis halfway through when riding back to the states from Canada.
Anyway, sure saddened me to have to forgo both the rallies this summer. I was really looking forward to the original convoy idea from Cortez to Cherokee, too.

So, brother... enjoy the journey... and say Hey to all the folks at the Cherokee rally.

Ride safe! :)

RickW
08-28-2018, 08:00 PM
Made it to Cherokee late this afternoon.
The winds in Texas and OK were pretty bad. Came from West Memphis AR this morning.

Navvet
08-28-2018, 08:27 PM
We will be there Thursday afternoon !!!!

Looking forward to it.

shortleg0521
08-29-2018, 01:04 PM
Made it to Cherokee late this afternoon.
The winds in Texas and OK were pretty bad. Came from West Memphis AR this morning.

Ya they were a bit tough starting in the late morning.
Fought through them. Had the same fight across South Dakota last year. They can make fora tiring
day of it. Oh and it really hearts the mpg.