PDA

View Full Version : 2018 b?

tenxxx
08-30-2018, 06:48 PM
Looked at a 2018 gl1800b today in Akron. Not called F6B any more.
The salesman quoted me a price of $24500. Its a DCT Version.
Has all the goodies of the full wing, but no top trunk.
The side bags open electronically with a little button on top.
You have to get in a side compartment on the right to get to the fuel latch.
While I was leaving a mechanic was checking a 2018 wing a guy brought in for a tire pressure sensor issue.
This guy is like, this is a Goldwing, it should be perfect, what the hell!
Anyway, I sat on the GL1800B, and it felt light coming up off the side stand compared to my B.
I grabbed the front brake and bounced the front end and it didn't move much.
If I do that on my B I can almost bottom it out.
I'm still paying for mine. But in a couple years, if I can hold out that long, I'm gitten me one of them thangs!
Till then I'm just gonna put it out of my head........

terryboyle
08-31-2018, 08:14 AM
I can relate. To add to our pain the DCT was not available in Canada for 2018 model.
They dole out the goodies one at a time - meanwhile my trade in value drops as another year rolls by and they charge top dollar for the latest and greatest.
It will be easier to get a used one imported but currently it takes $1.31 Canadian to buy $1.00 US.
Might as well farkle the daylights out of my 2014.

BigAl1952
09-02-2018, 08:24 PM
I dont blame you for wanting to update to the newer model but holy cow 24500. I did it once with an Ultra HD but Im not sure I could do it again. Think I will hang on to my 2013 for a while longer. Aint worth nothin on trade anyway and its still a great motorcycle in my book.

tenxxx
09-03-2018, 09:08 AM
Found some new herb on Amazon that works good on arthritis in my hands.
Was having pain using the clutch and numbness on the throttle side on long rides.
So I will be enjoying my 13 B for a while longer now.
Went on a 2 day ride last week and felt good both days.
Southern Ohio, what can I say. Beautiful!

grendl
09-03-2018, 08:50 PM
I stopped in my dealerships and while I was waiting checked out the 2018 DCTwithout the trunk on it. Not quite as sexy as my F6 but close. Bronze color no trunk-I liked it. started thinking about it and finally got to -WHY ? I like my black F6 the way it's styled ,runs and handles for a bike this size. Only thing that made it attractive was reverse ! These ol legs are starting to have issues backing my baby up :-) Still a couple years and we'll see..

VStarRider
09-08-2018, 08:35 AM
I am thinking two more riding seasons on the F6B for me, then up to a Star Transcontinental or GW DCT Airbag.

Then I start thinking ... jeez, on trade, I might get $8k for mine if I am lucky ... then financing $18-22k, and having a $400 payment for five years?!? Ugh. Awful.

The desire fades dramatically at that point.

tenxxx
09-09-2018, 12:20 PM
I am thinking two more riding seasons on the F6B for me, then up to a Star Transcontinental or GW DCT Airbag.

Then I start thinking ... jeez, on trade, I might get $8k for mine if I am lucky ... then financing $18-22k, and having a $400 payment for five years?!? Ugh. Awful.

The desire fades dramatically at that point.

I'm waiting for a year or more to see whats coming on the political front.
Think were in for some REAL Serious Crap.
Stock market going up way too fast.
Beware

olegoat345
09-09-2018, 10:07 PM
tenxxx, what's the name of that arthritis herb?
Yea, we're past do for a "adjustment." I lost my ass & most of my retirement during the "dot com" crash in the late '90's. Haven't touched a stock since.

tenxxx
09-10-2018, 10:26 AM
tenxxx, what's the name of that arthritis herb?
Yea, we're past do for a "adjustment." I lost my ass & most of my retirement during the "dot com" crash in the late '90's. Haven't touched a stock since.CBD hemp oil
But Expensive