PDA

View Full Version : Home from Cherokee

Xrider57
09-02-2018, 08:47 PM
I got home about 1:00 today after a wonderful trip. A special thanks to Rick for all he did for us. I had a great time meeting some really nice peopl and great riding. It is true” You meet the nicest people on a Honda”.I can’t wait for next year!

Bighutch14
09-02-2018, 10:56 PM
Great trip and rally. Sarah, John and I did 819 miles today to arrive home. 16 hrs. We are safely home drying out as we had rain last 100 miles or so. Thanks to Rick for this rally!

glide one
09-03-2018, 07:07 AM
The rally and riding was great. Make the 510 miles
home in 8 1/2 hrs. Thanks Rick for all your work.

jm21ddd15
09-03-2018, 09:37 AM
Great Rally, great rides! Thanks to Rick and all who helped with the organizing. 95% perfect weather, bit of rain, but no wind, all week! Lots of new friends. I look forward to another rally!

GaTeach
09-03-2018, 09:45 AM
Yes! So good to meet new faces and rekindle old friendships :)

F6Pilot
09-03-2018, 10:05 AM
Agree completely. Looking forward to next year. Thank you Rick.

RickW
09-03-2018, 11:34 AM
Got home about 5 PM yesterday. Left a little after 5 AM. Would have gotten home a little earlier but had a little tire issue about 15 miles from home.

shortleg0521
09-03-2018, 11:52 AM
Got home from all the rallies about 1 in the afternoon, was a good ride home.
Left about 4 am and traveled in the dark for a few hours looking for critters
on the way out of town.
Saw quite a few things I will always remember on the way to Cortez and while in Colorado.
One of the prettiest rides surprised me was coming down into New Mexico just before and as the sun was
coming up. Saw some beautiful colors and the mesas were awe inspiring.
Thank God for hydration vest and rags for head and neck while crossing Texas and Oklahoma .
I always left in the wee hours of the morning to stay out of the heat.
I will say leaving Colorado and going into New Mexico was down right cold at times.
Looked at our information button and found it to be 49 deg.
Low and behold I looked under the bag I thrown into my tour pack and there was my heated liner.
At this point all I can say is thank you God for your protection and for some reason blessing me
with my heated liner that I had intended to leave at home.
Really enjoyed both gatherings and all the rides.
Thanks Rick for your work and hope you can figure out how to take this over.
Was a total of just short of 6K miles for me.

GaTeach
09-03-2018, 07:25 PM
I got home about 1:00 today after a wonderful trip. A special thanks to Rick for all he did for us. I had a great time meeting some really nice peopl and great riding. It is true” You meet the nicest people on a Honda”.I can’t wait for next year!
So great to meet you!

lloydmoore1
09-03-2018, 08:03 PM
It was a blast meeting everyone, however we are still riding now stopped at Harrisonburg, VA for the night. We did the back of the dragon yesterday and today started the Shenandoah Skyline drive. We should be home by Friday.

Rick thanks for a great Rally and making us feel so welcomed. How far did you drive on the tire before you noticed the flat!!! Man that is shredded!!!

great meeting everyone and thanks for the hospitality...Ride Safe'riding'

Lloyd....Bill and Mike the Triumph guy!!!

Navvet
09-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Thank you Rick, we had a great time in Cherokee. Dell and I are looking forward to next year.

To everyone we met, Thank you for putting up with 5665 ...

Really good meeting you Shortleg even though we didn't get to talk much.

And to the Canadians ... :cheers:... Eh buddy ...:cheers:

Keep em straight down there Teach :biker:

Rickc
09-04-2018, 07:49 AM
My Harley riding brother in law and I had a great time at the rally.
Enjoyed meeting everyone and thanks to Rick and everyone who helped out.

GaTeach
09-04-2018, 08:32 AM
Keep em straight down there Teach :biker:

So cool that Dell got her first ride on the Dragon. :)

Orangesicle
09-10-2018, 09:01 PM
Jill and I finished our trek Saturday the 8th. It was a ball meeting with all you B riders and thanks Rick for all the work you put in with MaryAnn's help. We went to Tenn to see friends after the rally, walked up Roan mt. When we left them we were able to ride the Snake! As planned we met cousins in VA that hadn't seen us for 41 years. Great trip. Hope to see you all again.