PDA

View Full Version : Well I said I was done.... NOPE. I'M BACK!!

Big TP
09-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Well about 2 years ago I sold my B to Mike(2wheelsforme) and said I was done riding. I was full of mixed emotions . As Mike loaded my steed on his trailer back to Gulf Breeze, I said to myself, " Are you sure?":(

Well I was sure, for about 3 months . Then I bought a friend's 06 Harley Heritage. Beautiful bike. Rode it for a couple of months and realized that I really got spoiled on that F6B. Hello Craigslist! Sold in a week. That's it, no more bikesfor me.

Well time passes and as you would expect that bike bug came back and bit me again. Soooooo, I start my search.
I find an immaculate 13 Deluxe in Knoxville. I buy a plane ticket and ride my new B home to Florida! Happy as a pig in Florida! Now the last week has been an expensive one with shopping for my new girl. Soon my new parts will be in and will get her all done up for the dance.

Ever since I was a little kid I was on a bike. I guess I will always be on one'riding'

Bryster
09-05-2018, 05:44 PM
Glad to see you're still on two wheels, I couldn't bear to see a spot in the garage where the bike should be. The F6B is great therapy! :icon_cool:

2wheelsforme
09-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Happy to hear this story. I'm giving much love to your bike but do ride it a lot. I hope you still will come up for vacation from central to the panhandle as you said you sometimes do and we can ride together. You can even take your old bike for a spin. Mike

F6Pilot
09-05-2018, 06:16 PM
Welcome back Big TP. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

53driver
09-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Great story!
Welcome back!

This is most excellent.
Cheers,
Steve

JBM Golf
09-05-2018, 08:32 PM
I did the same thing. I sold my 14 F6B. Bought a Harley Road Glide Ultra. Hated it, sold it. I searched and found a 16 F6B Deluxe with 741 miles. It was located in Durham, NC. I loaded the trailer. 23 straight hours round trip. I couldn’t be happier!

Welcome back and enjoy your new bike!

Big TP
09-05-2018, 08:54 PM
With every reply I am feeling better and better.

olegoat345
09-05-2018, 09:11 PM
Great news! The "B" rules.

tenxxx
09-06-2018, 08:25 AM
Great news! The "B" rules.
Priorities change with the wind. But our inner child never does. He's always there, waiting for the chance to jump in with both feet.
Welcome back youn-un.