PDA

View Full Version : My F6B is like my favorite beer

STRaider
09-25-2018, 10:15 PM
Actually, I am not a big drinker, but thought of this analogy today. Last Friday I bought a 2013 BMW r1200RT. After test riding the new Goldwing, I got the bug for some technology, and rather than spend the money on a new Goldwing, I "got my fix" on a very well priced, clean, loaded RT. I was riding it to work today, and while it doesn't have the power I am used to, I love the boxer engine and all of the electronic technology and handling. I started thinking about not being able to go too fast, but appreciating it, how able it is, and that it has character, and it reminded me of a fine whiskey, scotch or brandy. I enjoy it slower, appreciating the characteristics and body of it, but don't necesarily want it all the time, but enjoy it when I do.

The F6B is more like a favorite beer. It sounds good ALL the time, is always enjoyed, I can sip it or chug it depending on my mood, it goes anywhere and goes with everything, and it is a standard go to. It's great with meals or by itself, and is always the default choice. It's a comfortable choice and I know what I'm getting, and I got there by trying lots of other beers. It is my individual favorite. That is the F6B to me. :cheers:

F6Bster
09-26-2018, 09:25 AM
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Cali261
09-26-2018, 02:52 PM
I’ll drink to that!

Ixol Phaane
09-26-2018, 05:48 PM
:cheers: *tink*

GaTeach
09-26-2018, 06:55 PM
I love everything about this post.

53driver
09-26-2018, 07:00 PM
I'm still trying to make it apply to bourbon & scotch.....failing.

tenxxx
09-27-2018, 06:17 AM
I love everything about this post.
Oh ya,, My B is like peanut butter and miracle whip,,,With banana!

Frye
09-27-2018, 07:14 AM
Great post!

DaWadd
09-27-2018, 10:16 AM
I like how you put it and I don't drink.:clap2:

Rickc
09-27-2018, 10:46 AM
Well Said. makes me want to go for a ride.

unsub
09-28-2018, 05:01 PM
I'm still trying to make it apply to bourbon & scotch.....failing.

You mean your F6B is not something you look forward to at the end of a long work day? Aged 5 years, full bodied, smooth, with a trace of natural aromas as you ride?

Weird.. mine is!:p

53driver
09-28-2018, 09:41 PM
You mean your F6B is not something you look forward to at the end of a long work day? Aged 5 years, full bodied, smooth, with a trace of natural aromas as you ride?

Weird.. mine is!:p

Isleen is with me at work.
With me at play.
Kinda falls into the "regular" category.
Of course I drink bourbon and scotch regularly too....

motozeke
09-30-2018, 07:39 PM
The only times I don't think of my F6B as the perfect bike for me is when it gets hot or when I want to turn it up on some really tight twisty stuff. That big, protective fairing makes staying cool a real challenge above 80 degrees F. And the laws of physics take hold on 25 mph or less turns... there's only so much chassis and suspension can do to overcome wheelbase and weight.

My compromise will be to get a naked bike for when it gets hot and/or for when I want to rip it on the tight stuff on a bike that's a better fit for that kind of riding. Right now the Kawasaki Z900RS is the most likely candidate, at least in pictures and on paper.