View Full Version : 2019 Rally?

Xrider57
09-29-2018, 12:44 PM
Where are we going next year?

53driver
09-29-2018, 02:06 PM
Very good question!
When? Is also a good question.

And? Rick & I have already started exchanging PMs on this topic.

However, I am open to suggestions, should anyone have any....

Phantom
09-29-2018, 05:08 PM
It's been kicked around to have a Rally 3 days prior to Memorial Day weekend. End of May weather is usually very comfortable. Location... Listening to suggestions.

Xrider57
09-29-2018, 05:28 PM
I liked Cherokee , lots of beautiful scenery and great roads. It was away from lots of traffic and good rides in every direction.Im good going back or someplace similar.

RickW
09-29-2018, 08:24 PM
I think you need to figure who is going to organize and pay for everything. Also lead rides, get a tent and chairs. Then you can figure out where the event and time will be.

jm21ddd15
09-29-2018, 08:55 PM
A suggestion, for where ever we pick, how about we get a motel that is NOT in a "dry county". Other than that, if we change motels, I'm good with any of the previous areas. Some great roads in south east Ohio, and West Virginia, that would satisfy most, too.

3Chief
09-29-2018, 09:01 PM
I believe our friends in the Minnesota/Wisconsin area could use a visit ;)

Xrider57
09-29-2018, 10:29 PM
Hey Rick I’m not assuming you will be stuck with all of that. Once we figure where to go we can find a hotel that will let us use the breakfast area or something for our evening gatherings. A few of us can probably plan rides with the help of someone local. That would free you up to just enjoy yourself with the rest of us. I really appreciate what you did this year!

Xrider57
09-29-2018, 10:37 PM
Maggie Valley isn’t dry!

53driver
09-29-2018, 10:38 PM
It's been kicked around to have a Rally 3 days prior to Memorial Day weekend. End of May weather is usually very comfortable. Location... Listening to suggestions.

I think you need to figure who is going to organize and pay for everything. Also lead rides, get a tent and chairs. Then you can figure out where the event and time will be.

Phantom - you've got the lead. Time to make the rally great again.
Standing by......

Xrider57
09-29-2018, 10:44 PM
I was just looking at Maggie Valley Inn. They have a restaurant and lounge and cater to groups.

f6bcarider
09-30-2018, 09:02 AM
Rick and Theresa thank you for hosting the events this year. I just wanted to say I enjoyed the Cortez event. I will wait to see how this all plays out, before I say yes to any events wingding sounds good

Xrider57
09-30-2018, 10:30 AM
My only concern for that time is the weather. It is much more volatile with severe storms and tornadoes. I guess it will depend where we go.

RickW
09-30-2018, 01:10 PM
Hey Rick I’m not assuming you will be stuck with all of that. Once we figure where to go we can find a hotel that will let us use the breakfast area or something for our evening gatherings. A few of us can probably plan rides with the help of someone local. That would free you up to just enjoy yourself with the rest of us. I really appreciate what you did this year!

Our schedule for next year is pretty full. We have two Rallies of our own plus several that we are vendors at along with multiple events that we sponsor and will be at. I am also going to be gone the whole month of July on a bike trip.
We probably are not going to be at the F6B Rally where ever it is next year.

As the Forum owners we would encourage members to participate in forum rides/events and perhaps even get people together in your areas to ride. It is a great way to meet people and have a lot of fun.

jmdaniel
10-01-2018, 09:28 AM
I'm all for another western location, but let's upgrade the hotel, that Super8 in Cortez was a dump.

davep
10-20-2018, 09:05 PM
Zanesville and Cambridge OH are nice areas. I also know of a couple of motorcycle friendly campgrounds in Michigan.

F6Bster
10-20-2018, 09:35 PM
I'm all for another western location, but let's upgrade the hotel, that Super8 in Cortez was a dump.

Yep, a trip of a lifetime can be ruined with poir accommodations. My bad back also requires a really good bed. I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Cortez. I stayed in some dumps in my younger years, but stay in nicer places in my golden years.

Kokomo Kevin
10-20-2018, 09:42 PM
I always had a pretty good experience with Best Westerns when I went out west. I know that the HOG folks recommend/like them as well.

RickW
10-21-2018, 03:13 PM
Zanesville and Cambridge OH are nice areas. I also know of a couple of motorcycle friendly campgrounds in Michigan.

If you like Zanesville everyone is invited to our 17th Annual 2019 SE Ohio Motorcycle Ride Event.
http://www.valueaccessories.net/SEOhioRide.htm
We usually have several members from this Forum attending. This is for multiple days and you can take any of our ride maps and ride in small groups. You can even do your own ride on Saturday.
We will have our trailer there Wednesday through Sunday morning.