PDA

View Full Version : F6B triggering female angst?

austin_tech
11-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Hello folks, new F6B Winger here from Austin, TX. Purchased the bike a little over a week ago, absolutely LOVE it. I work downtown and commute ~25 miles each way every day so I get to do a lot of riding. I previously rode a 2010 Fury, so this is a big departure.

Since I've started riding the Wing, I've been cut off twice and almost run off the road once, both by aggressive, vicious female drivers in cheapo SUV's. My first conclusion is that I reminded them of an a-hole boyfriend who rode a sportbike, as the Wing does have some similar looks. Wondering if any of you have had any similar experiences? Never had this riding the "chopper" Fury, and I still don the same jacket and full-face helmet. Although I personally feel more like a badass on the Wing :) Also, not an aggressive rider here. I really enjoy the cruise of the bike.

Bizarre?

-->Russ

Scotrod
11-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Let me guess,,, F6B is Black, and the Fury wasn't,,

bobbyf6b
11-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Hello folks, new F6B Winger here from Austin, TX. Purchased the bike a little over a week ago, absolutely LOVE it. I work downtown and commute ~25 miles each way every day so I get to do a lot of riding. I previously rode a 2010 Fury, so this is a big departure.

Since I've started riding the Wing, I've been cut off twice and almost run off the rode once, both by aggressive, vicious female drivers in cheapo SUV's. My first conclusion is that I reminded them of an a-hole boyfriend who rode a sportbike, as the Wing does have some similar looks. Wondering if any of you have had any similar experiences? Never had this riding the "chopper" Fury, and I still don the same jacket and full-face helmet. Although I personally feel more like a badass on the Wing :) Also, not an aggressive rider here. I really enjoy the cruise of the bike.

Bizarre?

-->Russ

Sounds kinda bizarre to me. I get more respect on the Wing since it looks law enforcement like.

Hopefully just coincidence.

austin_tech
11-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Sounds kinda bizarre to me. I get more respect on the Wing since it looks law enforcement like.

Greetings, Bobby. Grew up in Phoenix myself, folks still live in Mesa. Love the non-summer weather.

Scotrod
11-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Lived in Jonestown from 88-90 and then spent 14 years in Lago Vista.

Cedar Park is quite a bit different now than it was back then,,, and Leander,,, not even close to the population it has today.

austin_tech
11-19-2013, 06:17 PM

Cedar Park is quite a bit different now than it was back then,,, and Leander,,, not even close to the population it has today.

Excellent. There are excellent hill country rides out here as you know! Love it here. The ride down 1431 thru Jonestown and Lago to Marble Falls is hard to beat ... for TX. Have been known to eat at True Grits every now and then :)

buefchris
11-19-2013, 07:00 PM

Same here, people tend to slow down when I get behind them.

1951vbs
11-19-2013, 07:25 PM

Since I've started riding the Wing, I've been cut off twice and almost run off the road once, both by aggressive, vicious female drivers in cheapo SUV's. My first conclusion is that I reminded them of an a-hole boyfriend who rode a sportbike, as the Wing does have some similar looks. Wondering if any of you have had any similar experiences? Never had this riding the "chopper" Fury, and I still don the same jacket and full-face helmet. Although I personally feel more like a badass on the Wing :) Also, not an aggressive rider here. I really enjoy the cruise of the bike.

Bizarre?

-->Russ

You might be paying the price for the idiot club riders in NYC that pulled the guy out of the SUV. The coverage has died down but I swear cage drivers were out to get me for awhile after that. When you commute you end up driving around the same folks everyday, hopefully they will get used to you and your F6B and relax a bit.

kjelders
11-19-2013, 08:05 PM

I'll be in Lago Vista from 11/29 - 12/2. My oldest daughter, son-in-law, and two granddaughters live there. My daughter is the assistant principal at Lago Vista Elementary school. I won't be on the bike unfortunately. I'm surprising my daughter on her birthday 11/30. Pssst....she doesn't know I'm coming down there.

Scotrod
11-19-2013, 10:47 PM
I liked Lago back then, and I still do!
I've seen the lake as high as the roof on the old Bar-K clubhouse. Last summer it was so low the boat ramps within sight of the Bar-K area were all high and dry. Marina relocated out in the main channel,,, :icon_frown:
Cool that you can come down and surprise the family!!! :yes:

Bama Bagger
11-20-2013, 12:45 AM
Hello and welcome!

My parents and a sister (plus her family) live in Cedar Park...it's a very beautiful area, as well is the Austin TX Metroplex Region! :icon_mrgreen:

Big Dawg
11-20-2013, 11:21 AM
I've been cut off twice and almost run off the road once, both by aggressive, vicious female drivers in cheapo SUV's. My first conclusion is that I reminded them of an a-hole boyfriend

Bizarre?

-->Russ

See if this is the answer.

Can't Understand Normal Thinking

BubbaJePH
11-21-2013, 06:39 AM
I still ride a 1300R VTX. I installed the Kisan headlight modulator. I know for sure, it has saved me from getting run over several times in the last six years I've owned the bike. May want to look in to getting the Kisan for your bike.

Jeff

austin_tech
11-21-2013, 09:53 AM
These were cases where the driver literally sped up and cut me off to prevent me from doing an easy pass. It was obvious and intentional, hence my "PTSD boyfriend" theory, but more likely a bizarre coincidence or, the Can't Understand Normal Thinking factor (that was classic!).

I don't think it was a visibility issue, although I do see some riders with front-end modulation and I think it does grab attention.

michaels
11-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Its your personalized tag..."F-YOU".

bobbyf6b
11-21-2013, 01:36 PM
These were cases where the driver literally sped up and cut me off to prevent me from doing an easy pass. It was obvious and intentional, hence my "PTSD boyfriend" theory, but more likely a bizarre coincidence or, the Can't Understand Normal Thinking factor (that was classic!).

I don't think it was a visibility issue, although I do see some riders with front-end modulation and I think it does grab attention.

I get that all the time. People next to me creep up to try to stop me from passing. Doesn't work anymore with the F6B. I twist the throttle and pass in a flash. I get stuck behind the Prius's (Priusi?) in the carpool lane all the time. They don't concern me anymore since I can get around them so fast. My SG was such a slug.

mikey
11-23-2013, 02:57 PM
hope things are well in tx. with your f6. i have learned to expect the worst from drivers. just gotta be ready for 'em. i have rode all in the hill country where you live several times. i love it out there. we have great riding here in n. ga. as well. tenn.,ga., n.c., ala., all can be a day ride from my area. mabey those gals just wanted a closer look at your bike!!:icon_twisted:

xzvs
11-23-2013, 06:40 PM
the guys I ride with call my F6 "the stealth fighter" they make all kinda racket and mine goes ziiiip!! right by. Really gotta get exhaust LOL

4DI2D
11-23-2013, 10:22 PM

I think it's about time for you to release the parking brake!
I can't identify with an F6B that has to yield to ? an SUV that's accelerating?
A quick shift into third gear is all you'll ever need.