PDA

View Full Version : 2019 F6B Rally

Phantom
10-02-2018, 05:19 PM
:cool:
We will have a Rally in 2019

One Rally. It is early to determine a site, open to suggestions.

OlyF6B
10-02-2018, 05:39 PM
Pacific Northwest!!

2wheelsforme
10-02-2018, 06:58 PM
Never been to the area close to the Pocono Mountains and I hear they have some beautiful places. A long way for me but closer than Cortez.

VStarRider
10-02-2018, 06:59 PM
Would it increase participation if there was a rotating rally...one in the east, one in the midwest, one in the west...? Just floating an idea.

Ixol Phaane
10-02-2018, 07:49 PM
Pacific Northwest!!

+1 for the PNW. I like that idea. :D

zeus661
10-02-2018, 07:59 PM
Any idea when a location and date mat be locked down?

taxfree4
10-02-2018, 08:25 PM
Brooklyn, NY we've got Coney Island! And there's a Chinese massage parlor not too far, happy ending $5 more.

Blk6bgg6
10-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Brooklyn NY sounds damn good!

Vandal
10-03-2018, 05:57 AM
Another vote for the Pacific Northwest, so many great rides here, especially in the Eastern Washington Palouse area, very similar to the Black Hills.

tenxxx
10-03-2018, 06:29 AM
Cass WV?

Ewreck
10-03-2018, 08:23 AM
Brooklyn, NY we've got Coney Island! And there's a Chinese massage parlor not too far, happy ending $5 more.

But do the offer a "Devils Triangle"? I heard about those back in 1982 but never got one.

Kokomo Kevin
10-03-2018, 09:37 AM
I have ridden in PCNW several times over the last decade, It is stunning compared to flat lands around the midwest. The only issues to deal with that I can foresee are weather, rain in particular and fire conditions.
Given that I would jump at a chance to go back to that area of the country.

zzh54
10-03-2018, 03:48 PM
I will go where the majority agrees on, unless its wrapped around the Tail of the Dragon. Been there many times and there is a lot of country to see.

I would welcome a chance to go to the PNW, never been out that way and think it would be an adventure.

53driver
10-03-2018, 07:15 PM
Pacific Northwest! Yes!
I was hatched in Seattle - would be fun to visit there again!
Cheers,
Steve

ReserveBum
10-03-2018, 07:33 PM
Sun Valley ID or Idaho Springs ID which is closer to Yellowstone

ReserveBum
10-03-2018, 07:38 PM
But do the offer a "Devils Triangle"? I heard about those back in 1982 but never got one.

I believe I heard of those at the Fire Empire in Angeles City PI in the 70's....but alas I did not partake

taxfree4
10-03-2018, 08:08 PM

$10 they haven't heard of it either but they'll Google it.

53driver
10-03-2018, 09:18 PM

I believe I heard of those at the Fire Empire in Angeles City PI in the 70's....but alas I did not partake

They were readily available in the Philippines; especially Subic Bay & Cubi Pt ....but, I did not partake either.
Lol.

Ewreck
10-03-2018, 09:46 PM
They were readily available in the Philippines; especially Subic Bay & Cubi Pt ....but, I did not partake either.
Lol.

I was a sophomore in 82 so I would of probably "boofed" it. I never new a girl who had two front doors but I knew a few with nice back doors. I believe they are also fake Dr.

Brasco
10-03-2018, 11:45 PM
Another vote for the Pacific Northwest, so many great rides here, especially in the Eastern Washington Palouse area, very similar to the Black Hills.

Pacific NW would be great. Baker City in eastern Oregon is a popular marshalling spot for rallies -- Hell's Canyon, Snake River ... some great riding in the region.

taxfree4
10-04-2018, 09:31 AM
Pacific NW would be great. Baker City in eastern Oregon is a popular marshalling spot for rallies -- Hell's Canyon, Snake River ... some great riding in the region.

Hold it in June/July so a contingent can do the Dalton to Prudhoe Bay, epic ride.

53driver
10-04-2018, 10:09 AM
Hold it in June/July so a contingent can do the Dalton to Prudhoe Bay, epic ride.

We can get "Drive Jehu" to be our tour guide!!!!

OlyF6B
10-04-2018, 11:10 AM
A variation on my "PNW" suggestion... North East Oregon -- "Blue Mountain" region. Absolutely some of the best roads I've ridden in this region. OR DOT takes great care of the roads... routes are fun-fun-fun; some with great "sweepers" with an occasional switch-back thrown in. Many bike rallies are based out of towns like Joseph, OR or Pendleton, OR (larger of the 2). In both towns, hotel and camping options.

2wheelsforme
10-04-2018, 11:24 AM
PNW is for sure a beautiful place, I've been but not on a bike. It is a long way from Florida and not possible for me the next year after my tour of the Rockies when visiting Cortez. Maybe fly out and rent a bike is a possibility. I guess it is a question for Phantom; is the PNW a possibly for you or is that too far. Some guidelines as to what is possible and what is not would help start to narrow down a location.

jmdaniel
10-04-2018, 11:30 AM
It's west for me, whether at an F6B rally or my own trip. The Smokies were okay, but that box has been checked, at least until I retire, and have 52 weeks of vacation a year.

taxfree4
10-04-2018, 03:44 PM
We can get "Drive Jehu" to be our tour guide!!!!

Brilliant, we'll pay him in beer

Az Wingrider
10-04-2018, 08:15 PM
I like the Northwest. Since we may not have a tent why not do a tour instead of a rally. Meet somewhere for a night or two and then ride to a new place each day after that. It wouldn't have to be a group ride, it could be several small groups or ride at your own pace to the next nights destination. We could see a lot more country and people could join or leave the tour at each nights destination. If you have two days that's great, if you have five days you can see much more.

Just a thought but it might be fun.
Az Wingrider

jmdaniel
10-05-2018, 05:38 AM
I like the Northwest. Since we may not have a tent why not do a tour instead of a rally. Meet somewhere for a night or two and then ride to a new place each day after that. It wouldn't have to be a group ride, it could be several small groups or ride at your own pace to the next nights destination. We could see a lot more country and people could join or leave the tour at each nights destination. If you have two days that's great, if you have five days you can see much more.

Az Wingrider

But, but... how do I circle back and get my truck and trailer? :cool:

Az Wingrider
10-05-2018, 08:49 AM
Drop your truck and trailer at the final nights stop and ride to the start of the tour. Your truck and trailer will be waiting patiently for your return. Problem solved.

Rickc
10-05-2018, 09:08 AM

Az Wingrider

Not a bad idea, start on the east coast and head west on a predetermined route with planned stop and meet points along the way. A rider or small groups could head either direction to meet then ride back or keep going west as far as they want before turning back. It would take a lot of planning and coordination.

53driver
10-05-2018, 01:01 PM
Wow!
I like that idea of a "rally in motion" - because isn't that what we're about?
It will take some serious coordination, but I'm sure it's nothing that can't be overcome by due diligence and a few above average IQs.
We could do this.
Cheers,
Steve

Rickc
10-05-2018, 01:45 PM
what if the route was divided into regions and each region had 2 or 3 locals in charge of that portion to suggest some good roads to ride and sites to see. They would know the area and camp grounds and motels.

Az Wingrider
10-06-2018, 08:48 PM
For those of you in favor of a tour what I had in mind was a little less ambitious than what some of you might want. As an example i will propose a tour in the northern Rockies, an area I am familiar with. Keep in mind this is just spit balling.

Meet in Rapid City, North Dakota. First days ride would be the Black Hills. The Needles Highway, Iron Mountain road, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse National Monument, Etc and return to same hotel

Day two Ride to Cody Wyoming with stops at Devils Tower and Custer Battlefield. Spend the night in Cody Wyoming.

Day three, ride Yellowstone National Park and Return to Cody for the night.

Day four, ride the Beartooth Highway and ride on to Misoula, Montana for the night.

Day five, Ride to Glacier National Park and ride the Going to the Sun Road. Return To Misoula for the night

Day six, Ride Lolo Pass and on to Lewiston Idaho for the night. End of tour.

With a tour such as this you could join or leave the tour at any point on the route depending on the time you have available or depending on what interests you. Keep in mind that this is just an example and a tour like this could work anywhere. Just some thoughts but maybe it will give somebody an idea.

Keep riding and keep smiling
Az Wingrider

Kokomo Kevin
10-06-2018, 09:03 PM
I have been to all those places except Lo Lo pass, would do it again those are some pretty big mileage days, You think everyone could keep up? The only other thing I could add is that Beartooth usually does not open until mid to late June and the last time I was in Yellowstone I got snowed in a few days in Mid June. Snow is also a factor in Glacier as well.

Bighutch14
10-06-2018, 09:18 PM
I like this idea a lot. I would be on board for this or something similar.
For those of you in favor of a tour what I had in mind was a little less ambitious than what some of you might want. As an example i will propose a tour in the northern Rockies, an area I am familiar with. Keep in mind this is just spit balling.

Meet in Rapid City, North Dakota. First days ride would be the Black Hills. The Needles Highway, Iron Mountain road, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse National Monument, Etc and return to same hotel

Day two Ride to Cody Wyoming with stops at Devils Tower and Custer Battlefield. Spend the night in Cody Wyoming.

Day four, ride the Beartooth Highway and ride on to Misoula, Montana for the night.

Day five, Ride to Glacier National Park and ride the Going to the Sun Road. Return To Misoula for the night

With a tour such as this you could join or leave the tour at any point on the route depending on the time you have available or depending on what interests you. Keep in mind that this is just an example and a tour like this could work anywhere. Just some thoughts but maybe it will give somebody an idea.

Az Wingrider

Az Wingrider
10-06-2018, 09:42 PM
If we did this it would be best the last part of August or very early September. I did the routing off the top of my head but I think the only big mileage day would be from Rapid City to Cody Wyoming and anybody worried about that long a day could by pass Devil's Tower and Custer's Battlefield and run the interstate most of the way. About a 420 mile day.

As I said I am really promoting an idea more than this particular route but This is a great area.

Az Wingrider

jmdaniel
10-07-2018, 07:44 AM

Az Wingrider

All good, I've been to most of these. The Rapid City I went to is in SoDak; is the NoDak version better? :rolleyes:

Az Wingrider
10-07-2018, 08:43 AM
Crap!! Brain fade. What can I say I am old. Rapid City is South Dakota.

F6Bster
10-07-2018, 08:56 AM
This will be tough to put together for sure, but what a dream of a trip!!!! And it could surely go on from Lewiston and include some of the fantastic riding in Washington and Oregon, and perhaps coming back to the east on other roads and then include some of those fantastic roads in Idaho that are south of Lewiston. It would be tough to do it all, but what an experience that would be. And for those that can't do it all, they could join in for some of the great segments.

And as Jeff from Texas indicated earlier, we would need to include good lodging with comfortable beds and hoopefully a good breakfast. We all count our dollars, but cheap and poor accommodations are not the way to go. Lots of us have young minds, but our old bodies require comfortable lodging.

:excited::excited::excited::excited:

Kokomo Kevin
10-07-2018, 09:10 AM
It is a great trip, I have been out there two times, 6 weeks each time and still feel I did not make a dent in all the great rides out there. Washington State and Oregon, Wyoming, Montana, you cant go wrong. The only issue is it is so big, trying to cram it all in for a week Rally is impossible. Each time I went out I rode almost 7,000 miles on each trip. Also you will need to budget at least $200 per day for food/gas/lodging as well. Let me suggest something, after planning two trips like this for 4 bikers was very hard from a logistical standpoint. Since we are spitball-in here let me throw out this suggestion . There are several highly rated motorcycle tour groups out there that we could contact that could either hire of help us. These folks have the whole shebang network already set up. They plan the tour, set up all logistics such as food/lodging/ leading the group/providing chase support for bike breakdowns, mechanical issues etc. Yes they do it for a business, but believe me, they KNOW the area, roads and all the support that would ever be needed on a trip like this.

53driver
10-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Kevin, I don't think the intent would be to ride exclusively in one area for a Rally, but rather have the "rally" occur in a different place over a several week period.
Maybe start in the PNW on weekend 1, Glacier Nat'l Park weekend 2, etc.
At least that's how I read the concept.
Yeah logistics are always the long pole in the tent, but I love the concept.

Az Wingrider
10-07-2018, 11:49 AM
I don't think logistics would be insurmountable. Decide what part of the country we want the tour to be in. Figure out the starting and ending cities and where the overnight stops will be. Then decide on a hosting hotel for each night. Each participant would make their own reservations for the days they want to ride. I feel that at each nights stop people will exchange ideas for the next days ride and groups will form for the next day. Each morning small groups or even individuals could make that days ride.

We have a lot of time before next summer and we can take our time deciding where everything will happen and then which hotels to use. I think lunch stops and evening meals can be decided as we go. There is a lot of knowledge and experience on this forum and most of us have no problem voicing our opinions and sharing our knowledge so I think we can make it work.

On the Tuesday before the Cortez Rally 2Wheelsforme, JMDaniel and I got together and rode the Silver Thread, part of the Black Canyon of Gunnison and the Dolores River Valley. Before this ride we had known each other only on the forum and we had a great ride with almost no planning. I said I was going to ride The Silver Thread, 2Wheelsforme said he wanted to go and asked if we could include Black Canyon of the Gunnison, JMDaniel said I'm in and we rode it. I made a couple of good friends and it was without drama. No reason this can't happen on a bigger scale.

Az Wingrider

53driver
10-07-2018, 09:06 PM
I don't think logistics would be insurmountable. Decide what part of the country we want the tour to be in. Figure out the starting and ending cities and where the overnight stops will be. Then decide on a hosting hotel for each night. Each participant would make their own reservations for the days they want to ride. I feel that at each nights stop people will exchange ideas for the next days ride and groups will form for the next day. Each morning small groups or even individuals could make that days ride.

We have a lot of time before next summer and we can take our time deciding where everything will happen and then which hotels to use. I think lunch stops and evening meals can be decided as we go. There is a lot of knowledge and experience on this forum and most of us have no problem voicing our opinions and sharing our knowledge so I think we can make it work.

On the Tuesday before the Cortez Rally 2Wheelsforme, JMDaniel and I got together and rode the Silver Thread, part of the Black Canyon of Gunnison and the Dolores River Valley. Before this ride we had known each other only on the forum and we had a great ride with almost no planning. I said I was going to ride The Silver Thread, 2Wheelsforme said he wanted to go and asked if we could include Black Canyon of the Gunnison, JMDaniel said I'm in and we rode it. I made a couple of good friends and it was without drama. No reason this can't happen on a bigger scale.

Az Wingrider

Oh, I know we CAN make it work.
We have a bunch of smart, talented people on this forum.
Cheers,
Steve

Kolsch
10-07-2018, 09:53 PM
Pnw

shortleg0521
10-07-2018, 11:16 PM
No it to rain on a great parade, but hope there would be something a bit closer for
those of us on the east coast.
Was jilted like an ugly prom date this year when nobody showed up for the ride from
Cortez to Cherakee.

Kokomo Kevin
10-08-2018, 08:52 AM
Understand Shortleg, it's a haul from the midwest flatlands as well, but if you can ever make it, you need to see it to believe it. Will never forget the ride from Eastern Washington state to Port Angeles via Route#20
Via the ferry at Port Townsend, as well as ride up to Hurricane ridge in Olympic National Park. In one day you go from high desert conditions to Alpine conditions to dense rain forest conditions to Coastal conditions. It is the most incredible experience I have ever had in my life, truly a bucket list experience for any rider. Would go back in a heartbeat!

jmdaniel
10-08-2018, 11:17 AM

Az Wingrider

And it was a great day, Dwight! You'll often find that is my level of involvement; saying "yep, sounds good to me!"... :cool:

Az Wingrider
10-08-2018, 12:35 PM
More than anything I was promoting the idea of a tour instead of a fixed base rally. We can do this anywhere that the members are interested in. There are a lot of areas I want to see more of. We haven't done anything around the Great Lakes where there is some great riding. I love the Blue Ridge Parkway and there is unlimited good riding in that area. We could start in Arkansas then head into the Louisiana Bayou country and on into the Texas Hill Country. We could start on the Northern California Coast and head into the Sierras. The possibilities are only limited by our imagination. I am up for any area I can get to on the bike. Heck we haven't even discussed Canada.

Lets explore every possibility, we can't please everyone but I am sure we can find something that will be exciting to a large enough number to make a great ride.
Az Wingrider

Kokomo Kevin
10-08-2018, 01:29 PM
I will be retired by the time of next years rally looking forward to meeting some of you Ya Hoo's face to face. Got my bike ready right now, will put another set of shoes on her just before the next rally.

Rickc
10-08-2018, 01:59 PM
I will be retired by the time of next years rally looking forward to meeting some of you Ya Hoo's face to face. Got my bike ready right now, will put another set of shoes on her just before the next rally.
Hey Kevin, I'll try to keep up with you as far as I can go next year.

Kokomo Kevin
10-08-2018, 02:22 PM
Copy Rick, Nice to see you the other day as well in Cicero. Was on the Valk that day!

unsub
10-10-2018, 06:14 PM
If we did this it would be best the last part of August or very early September.
Az Wingrider

Keep in mind it starts to cool down in Cody then. Either last week or the week before they called for snow.

Otherwise a great place to travel through.

Kokomo Kevin
10-11-2018, 09:09 AM
Agree wth Unsub, my last trip though Wyoming was late August and snow was coming down early that year. When I took my trips out west I really focused on the Historical weather forecast's to plan my trip. PNW is historically wet and late June early July is the driest. The only issue is at higher elevations, the snow can be a factor till late June and July.Was not able to rode Beartooth nor able to get into Crater Lake area on one trip due to snow pack during middle of June.

oldxtreme
10-16-2018, 10:32 AM
Just got done doing the Dragon Tail in Tenn/NC. Some great riding in the area and very MC friendly. That would be a good mid-USA site for a rally. Interesting roads from the North, South, East and West!

jmdaniel
10-16-2018, 01:32 PM
Just got done doing the Dragon Tail in Tenn/NC. Some great riding in the area and very MC friendly. That would be a good mid-USA site for a rally. Interesting roads from the North, South, East and West!

Yeah, that's been the area for the Eastern F6B meets. Not quite "mid-USA"...

BuzzzPhotos
10-16-2018, 02:25 PM
I'd love to go on one of these rides if you'd try a June, July or early August date. I'm off work for almost 3 months but September is crazy busy for me. Would love to meet you guys. Just got a new knee & can ride again.

2wheelsforme
10-16-2018, 02:25 PM
But Lebanon KS would be a terrible place to have a motorcycle rally.

Rickc
10-16-2018, 03:18 PM
How was the Arkansas rally a couple of years ago? It's more central.

Landshark
10-16-2018, 03:42 PM
My vote goes for Pacific Northwest

Az Wingrider
10-16-2018, 08:29 PM
I am up for anywhere that the majority decides on. Any summer month works for me. I really enjoyed the Cortez Rally and I look forward to connecting more faces with the people I have gotten to know on this forum.
Just let me know where and when and I will do by best to get there

Brasco
10-17-2018, 09:46 PM
But Lebanon KS would be a terrible place to have a motorcycle rally.

True enough for the geographic centre of the contiguous USA but if you factor in Hawaii and Alaska the actual centre of US is said to be 20 mi (32 km) north of Belle Fourche, South Dakota. Can you say 2019 rally in the Black Hills and Badlands?! :icon_wink:

Rickc
10-18-2018, 07:46 AM
True enough for the geographic centre of the contiguous USA but if you factor in Hawaii and Alaska the actual centre of US is said to be 20 mi (32 km) north of Belle Fourche, South Dakota. Can you say 2019 rally in the Black Hills and Badlands?! :icon_wink:

I would make the trip and on to Yellowstone.

CNC Nut
10-18-2018, 10:59 AM
I like Cody, Wy. Chief Joseph Highway, Beartooth, Yellowstone, Big Horn Nat. park, Grand Tetons if adventurous. Make for a nice four or five day rally.

F6Bster
10-18-2018, 11:26 AM
That would be fun!

I like Cody, Wy. Chief Joseph Highway, Beartooth, Yellowstone, Big Horn Nat. park, Grand Tetons if adventurous. Make for a nice four or five day rally.

Kokomo Kevin
10-18-2018, 02:22 PM
Have done that except Big Horn, would do it again in a heartbeat if given a chance next year. Staying in the park would be expensive, Cody would be my choice for homebase.

Elroy
10-18-2018, 02:37 PM
:popcorn:

2wheelsforme
10-18-2018, 04:12 PM
I was very impressed with Big Horn, had never heard of it before my visit, so I think underrated. Another thing is lots of surveying going on where the pavement was the worst so I'm guessing new pavement soon or more likely entirely new hiway.

Az Wingrider
10-18-2018, 09:20 PM
I like that area tremendously and I agree that Cody would be a good home base if we do a rally and not a tour. Those who have extra time could include the Black Hills and Glacier National Park before or after the Rally.

Lets get the ball rolling
Az Wingrider

Bighutch14
10-18-2018, 09:31 PM
Cody sounds good to me.

oldxtreme
10-19-2018, 06:41 PM
First riding season on my F6 but did get to Grand T's, Yellowstone, Bear Tooth, Devil's Tower, Mt. Rushmore, Bad Lands, Sturgis, Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion Canyons and Pacific Ocean. Finished off the season with a few runs on the Dragon Tail. Missed Big Horn, so I guess I have to go back West!

Red Lodge, MT is a nice little town at the foot of Bear Tooth but I don't think it could handle several hundred riders. Cody could accommodate more riders.

Bronson and the Ozarks in Missouri have a lot of good twisties roads, float trips, caves and cheap booze.

How many riders show up for these rallies?

oldxtreme
10-19-2018, 06:53 PM
Hey Kokomo Kevin, these are Honda's, not Harley's. No need for those chase trailer and spare bikes that the Harley tours need.

Never been to a Honda rally so I don't know what kind of logistics are involved. Are there suppliers at the rally? Are there fees involved or do riders just show up? Been to the Sturgis rally several times and that is now a big money maker for a lot of people. Is the F6 rally anything like Sturgis?

F6Bster
10-19-2018, 06:56 PM
These rallies are really small gatherings (less than 50 bikes normally). Perhaps a vendor (Rick) or two. Hanging and Riding!!!!

Kokomo Kevin
10-19-2018, 07:59 PM
oldxtreme Agreed these ARE Honda's and you are right they never break down, but like a Harley they ride on the same tires! My only point about a "Moving Rally" is the poor guy who has a tire breakdown who has hotel reservations for the night 200 miles away. Chaser would be nice, just an FYI they dont have a lot of "close" support in locales out west! Never been to a Honda rally either but planning a trip is different then planning a rally at a fixed location would guess. I am game for either next year, looking forward to meeting a few of you guys.

oldxtreme
10-20-2018, 03:08 PM
Kokomo, you are right on about about little support on some of those western roads and towns! I think I was going across Nevada and passed a small road sign that said :"No Service for 137 miles, well that meant there is NOTHING but wild horses, sand and sun for those 137 miles...not even a cross road! When I started on that western run, I got an air compressor and tire plug kit because if you have a flat out there, you are flat out of luck! Almost NO other road traffic either. I wouldn't want to try that trip on a Harley without a spare bike on a chase truck!

Been to Sturgis many times from Ohio and always pass at least three Harley's off to the side of the road. There was a group of Harley riders doing the Grand Canyon/Bryce tour and they had a chase trailer and a bike strapped down on the trailer. Same thing at the Tail...group of Harley's followed by a truck with a trailer and a spare bike!

Other than being able to wear an HD jacket and get a cool tee shirt from every Harley shop in the world, I can not figure out why any serious road warrior would want a Harley... unless they have a bunch of Honda riders with them to take them to the nearest Harley dealer when they break down!

A group of 50 riders could just about fit into any town. Do most people that show up at the rally to motel it or camp?

In Mt Carmel, you can hit the Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion all within about 100 mile radius. However, nothing much else to do but ride and look,unless you are into hiking or riding horses.

F6Bster
10-20-2018, 06:54 PM
Wow. Go riding, be prepared, and don’t worry about it. Have your bike in good shape, good tires, and yes, carry a compressor and plug kit. That’s the way my bike is equipped, plus with a cell phone to call fir roadside assistance if needed.

Over the past 19 years I’ve ridden most of those desolate roads on a Valk, GL1800, FJR1300, and the F6B for about 250k miles and have not used any of them fir my bike and have never been stranded or even needed to use roadside assistance. Knock on wood!!!! Of course it can happen, but unlikely—just be prepared!!!!

F6Bster
10-20-2018, 07:18 PM
.... but ride and look,unless you are into hiking or riding horses.

For me this is all about. Riding and looking...and hanging out with other riders in the evenings and enjoying a great meal here and there.

Kokomo Kevin
10-20-2018, 09:17 PM
Agreed about carrying tools supplies to cover issues. My last trip out west was with 4 Hondas, 2 Legacy Valks and 2 1500 Goldwings. 1st Goldwing shredded a tire in Yellowstone, we limped into Jackson Hole and he was lucky enough to find an independent shop to replace his tire. Next day we ventured down towards Vegas and got just south of Mesquite in 110 degree weather and the 2nd Goldwing lost his fuel pump. Had to wait for a tow into Vegas and arrived at 2 AM. Was stuck there for 3 days waiting for fuel pump to be shipped over from LA. What an experience! Both guys were sticklers on maintenance but things happen. I never leave on a trip without a good credit card, Roadside assistance plan(confirmed coverage prior to leaving) Cash, Tire plug kit/pump, Cell phone and charger, Yes a self defense weapon as well. Ihave taken many trips cross country in both directions and have been very lucky, but SH_it happens.

F6Bster
10-20-2018, 09:30 PM
... but SH_it happens.

Unfortunately it does. I was nervous about posting my comment as I did not want to jinx myself!!!!! But, if you prepare the best you can, just enjoy and hope for the best. Odds are on our side on these bikes!

My riding buddy had a U-Joint go out on his Valk Interstate in 2011 when we traveled back east. We babied it to get into Roanoke, VA to the Honda dealer. Unfortunately no U-Joint available anywhere in the US. Fortunately he had a new one home in Denver and his wife overnighted it to Roanoke. Fixed right away and never impacted our trip as we were spending the week fishing with other friends that week in the area.

The amazing part: His extra parts were so organized that his wife found it with no problem.

Kokomo Kevin
10-20-2018, 09:40 PM
Lucky Guy! My wife would have no idea what a u joint is! Agree with you all, would never ever venture on any of these trips with anything other than a Honda, They are just the most reliable machine to drive and they have fantastic performance from stock. Looking forward to meeting you guys next year. Just hoping it is a western trip. I still have a few more things to see out there on my bucket list.

unsub
10-23-2018, 12:14 PM
BTW Yellowstone is currently undergoing some major road construction so there are areas where traffic is backed up and the roads are soft loose gravel. If a rally segment was to include a ride through YNP then road conditions should investigated before hand, unless you happen to like long lineups on soft gravel. This year the area around Fishing Bridge which is not far from the [East entrance] from Cody is under construction. A lot of remediation work is planned for the park.

lake_carl
12-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Has anyone considered Branson Missouri, decent roads and many of Arkansas best not far away. Branson has many motels , campgrounds, restaurants and shows for nighttime activities. Last year few friends spent one night in Branson ( some trailers left there) then done 250 mile scenic ride, night two in hot springs, then 300 scenic ride to eureka springs spend night then around 220 scenic ride back to branson. Have done many 150-300 mile rides out of Branson, then return for other fun shows, nice 3 star hotels for under $90 per night.

Rickc
12-05-2018, 04:07 PM
Has anyone considered Branson Missouri, decent roads and many of Arkansas best not far away. Branson has many motels , campgrounds, restaurants and shows for nighttime activities. Last year few friends spent one night in Branson ( some trailers left there) then done 250 mile scenic ride, night two in hot springs, then 300 scenic ride to eureka springs spend night then around 220 scenic ride back to branson. Have done many 150-300 mile rides out of Branson, then return for other fun shows, nice 3 star hotels for under $90 per night.

I have never been to the Branson area so sure I would go.

Navvet
12-05-2018, 04:38 PM
Lol.

They did have some nice churches in Subic and Pattaya Beach, didn't they .... .angel'.angel'.angel'

Sorcerer
12-07-2018, 11:09 PM
A group of us base out of Kimberling City which is just west of Branson just about every spring for a week. Last week of April, first week of May. We do day trips of 230 - 300+ Miles. You’d have Push Mountain Rode, Pig Trail, the road to and out of Peal ferry. 7 down through Harrison to Russellville to visit Russellville Honda for a t- shirt. A back roads run to Eureka Springs. If you can’t find a curve to scare your self on, or just plain enjoy, your not trying . We’ve been doing this since 2002. None of us have ever been to a show in Branson.

lake_carl
12-07-2018, 11:36 PM
A group of us base out of Kimberling City which is just west of Branson just about every spring for a week. Last week of April, first week of May. We do day trips of 230 - 300+ Miles. You’d have Push Mountain Rode, Pig Trail, the road to and out of Peal ferry. 7 down through Harrison to Russellville to visit Russellville Honda for a t- shirt. A back roads run to Eureka Springs. If you can’t find a curve to scare your self on, or just plain enjoy, your not trying . We’ve been doing this since 2002. None of us have ever been to a show in Branson.

Post here your plans next spring perhaps others will join

Kolsch
12-08-2018, 11:46 AM
Pnw

2wheelsforme
12-08-2018, 12:02 PM
As per the location map some of the Members have used the majority of Owners are in the North East, followed by the South East.

Big Jay
12-09-2018, 10:38 AM
Looking at people's maps, a lot seem to be missing the PNW so this could be an opportunity to fill in those maps ��