PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to be first?

Ixol Phaane
10-02-2018, 08:04 PM
Specifically, who's gonna be the first 3rd-party mfg to produce replacement saddlebag lids for the 2018+ Gold Wing?
You know, the lid that follows the oem style of the bike, but creates a deeper (wider) saddlebag so we can fit all our gear in, like our F6B.
Value Accessories? Wingstuff? C'mon... how hard can it be? :cool:

Hey, I'm just an idea man. There ya go... my Million $ idea of the day... ready for someone to take it and run. :)

Ride safe, my friends!

Verismo
10-03-2018, 02:14 AM
Corbin might do it. For about 2000 dollars. :/

Jason

Ixol Phaane
10-03-2018, 09:07 AM
Corbin might do it. For about 2000 dollars. :/

Jason

I know there are manufacturers that build custom bits for HD and Victory... you know, stretched bags, custom lids and such. It doesn't seem like it would be much of a stretch for Corbin or any of the others to build something like that for the new wings. You're probably right about the cost... but lack of capacity seems to be a common hit in the reviews of the new bike. I think a lot of riders would consider that option if it were available...especially if they were easy to change out with the originals. I'd consider it.

Wing'n it
10-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Did I miss something? Has Honda made the new bike with "smaller" bags! I can get a heap bunch of crap in my F6B bags now...

tenxxx
10-09-2018, 02:51 PM
I can get a weeks with of clothes in my bags. And a lot more in the GIVI trunk. Plus some of the stuff I need to get to fast in the extra bag strapped to the back seat.
Trying to find a nice rack to fit on the trunk lid.
Anybody know of an aftermarket ?

soupbean
10-10-2018, 03:50 AM
Maybe Honda should do it , I’m sure at a premium. They offered larger color matched lids for my NT 700.
I never really had a need for them with that bike.

3Chief
10-10-2018, 02:51 PM
The B's bags are on the small side but useable, the 18's bags are roughly 1/3 smaller. Even with the trunk bag I believe there is less cargo room on the 18's than the B's. The only upside I honestly see on the 18's is the electronics suite, otherwise I'd rather have a prior year B or fullwing.