PDA

View Full Version : Used wheels from dealer?

Frye
10-11-2018, 06:01 AM
Before buying a spare rear wheel from E Bay I thought I should give my local dealer a chance. I called them to ask if they had any used wheels from trike conversions gathering dust and found out they did. I drove over to work out a deal with them and was told they are not allowed to sell used parts.

At which point I asked if they could order an Avon for me and install it on a used wheel and leave the wheel off the invoice? After a wait while it was discussed I was told they could sell me a used wheel at the same price as a new one!!!

I told them thanks anyway, I had found a bunch for way less on E Bay but just wanted to give them a chance first. Needless to say, I bought a wheel from E Bay. Although I intended to have them order and mount a new tire for me even if it cost a little more I'll probably have an independant local shop do it now.

Anybody else ran into this? Do they just not want our business?

JackB
10-11-2018, 07:05 AM
I bought a used wheel from my Honda dealer.
Doesn't make sense that they can't sell it.

Ghost Rider
10-11-2018, 07:10 AM
I think it was just that dealer. I have bought trike take off from a couple different dealers.

F6Dave
10-11-2018, 08:19 AM
I went to a great dealer that does lots of trike conversions. They had a stack of GL1800 wheels. One was brand new, with a new OEM Bridgestone. It was even black, as it came from one of the Anniversary Specials with a lots of black parts. I paid $200 for the wheel and tire.

One nice thing about GL1800 Wing wheels is that many had TPMS, so they used a different valve stem rather than the rubber ones on our F6Bs. Those wheels don't have the tab that can get in the way with some metal stems.

olegoat345
10-11-2018, 09:05 AM
Check Dennis Kirk for AVON price.... AVON makes a MC tire just for the GW.. You might want to call AVON USA 800# (google it) to get the AVON part number, to make sure your get the GW tire. I've always got great mileage, ride, handling & service from AVON. Been using them on all my bikes since 2005.

Kokomo Kevin
10-11-2018, 09:10 AM
I like the Avon's on my Valk, going to try a set on my B next, thanks for information.