PDA

View Full Version : Backrest input

VStarRider
10-18-2018, 07:48 PM
I have money burning a hole in my pocket, so I want to add a backrest to my Corbin seat.

I want some advice on choosing one of the two options - Ovalbac or standard

http://corbin.com/honda/hf6bdte.shtml

Any thoughts?

gadgeteer
10-19-2018, 07:35 AM
I put a Corbin w/Ovalback on my '15. Actually got the backrest for my wife. She hated it.

I bought her something else and moved the Ovalback to be my backrest and found out why she didn't like it... feels like a boulder! It's hard as a rock and doesn't move (like Utopia) for comfort.

Don't know about the "Standard". Could never get Corbin to answer any 'after-the-sale' questions. Horrible customer relations!

VStarRider
10-19-2018, 07:08 PM
I put a Corbin w/Ovalback on my '15. Actually got the backrest for my wife. She hated it.

I bought her something else and moved the Ovalback to be my backrest and found out why she didn't like it... feels like a boulder! It's hard as a rock and doesn't move (like Utopia) for comfort.

Don't know about the "Standard". Could never get Corbin to answer any 'after-the-sale' questions. Horrible customer relations!

Thanks, this is helpful.

What other backrest did you get?

As for Corbin customer service, the rep I talked to on the phone today left a lot to be desired.

They were very good on the phone with me earlier this year in helping me purchase a seat.

gadgeteer
10-20-2018, 04:49 PM
I removed the oval from the Ovalback and exposed their bayonet type mounting system. Had a Utopia from my former bike ('02 Valk) which I adapted to the Ovalback mount.

With a little grinding and mounting and grinding and fitting... JOILA!

What a difference! My new Utopia/Ovalback (less the oval) is perfect. Just as comfortable as it was on my Valkyrie.