View Full Version : Hand grips

davep
10-20-2018, 08:46 PM
I am wanting some better grips. I find the grips on my 2013 too hard and a little small. Looking for something a little fatter and softer. Heated might be a plus. I have show chrome on my valkyrie interstate and they are fine but the F6B grps are longer. Anyone found any better grips?

olegoat345
10-20-2018, 09:33 PM
Kuryakan (sp) nice & fat, look nice too

Joflewbyu2
10-20-2018, 09:36 PM
ShowChrome with matching ShowChrome Barend Weights. Great looking, thicker than the thin stock and much more comfortable.

I am wanting some better grips. I find the grips on my 2013 too hard and a little small. Looking for something a little fatter and softer. Heated might be a plus. I have show chrome on my valkyrie interstate and they are fine but the F6B grps are longer. Anyone found any better grips?

bob109
10-20-2018, 09:41 PM

Grip Puppies over the OEM Grips have worked for me! I buy several sets at a time as the Puppies deteriorate over time from hand oils and UV. They install easily with a little dish washing detergent applied to the OEM grips. They add almost 1/2" diameter to the original grips and IMHO are really comfortable.

Kokomo Kevin
10-20-2018, 09:46 PM
+1 on the grip puppies, have them on mine as well, They are easily replaced when they wear out.

OlyF6B
10-20-2018, 11:08 PM
+1 on Grip Puppies...

I have large hands and the extra thickness is just enough to make the OEM grips comfortable... and the "foam" has a nice feel.. and, it doesn't interfere with my Deluxe's heated grips.

Frye
10-21-2018, 12:22 AM
Agree on the Grip Puppies. They really improved the feel of my grips without interfering with their heat output.

2wheelsforme
10-21-2018, 04:03 AM
Fan of Grip Puppies here as well. I have them on another bike but really like the stock F6B grips also.

Ghost Rider
10-21-2018, 05:58 AM
I use inferno grips. Slightly larger than stock warm and comfortable.

JGF6B
10-21-2018, 06:25 AM
I also liked the grip puppies but I think the heat transfer to the hand is reduced. There is some warmth transferred through the grip puppies to the hand but not nearly as hot as without the grip puppies.

DaWadd
10-21-2018, 09:28 AM
Grip Buddies are another option. Work great IMO.

Dirtstiff's F6B
10-21-2018, 10:41 AM
The neopreme (EPDM Foam style), grab on grip covers, work best with heated grips.

The GP 's and the GO grip covers are the same thickness, just different material. GP's are open like a sponge, GO 's are dense and conduct heat best. I've owned multiple pairs of GP's on my bikes with heated grips. They work fine for comfort , but rob heat compared to GO's. Both have the same comfortable cushion.
But hey for $12 bucks an opinion..

tenxxx
10-21-2018, 11:29 AM
grip puppies helped with my arthritis a lot.
Next step is to install heated grips. They are naturally fatter.