PDA

View Full Version : Lots of rear lighting

2wheelsforme
10-22-2018, 07:07 PM
Bike came to me with a lot of rear lighting. A couple of weeks ago I was told by someone following me that the difference between "run" and "brake" illumination was not a noticeable difference. The brake lights do pulse several times when they first come on and then go steady, don't know the name or brand. In an effort to increase brake lighting I ordered some LED strips from Radiantz. In the meantime I read about how to turn your turn signal lights into also run or brake also with switchback LEDs. Ordered those parts. While having the rear end disasembled decided to do both brake light increases, the turn signals and strips down each side of the tag. I do have some serious light in the rear now and a big difference is noticed between run and stop so that problem is solved. First picture is run and second is brake.
5815 5816

Big TP
10-22-2018, 07:15 PM
Kuryakyn:039:

F6Bster
10-23-2018, 07:53 AM
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!!!

Good job Mike!

RickW
11-05-2018, 05:27 PM
This is the video for the Rear LED Turn Signal / Brake Light Conversion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhumqeAgYSY

53driver
11-05-2018, 06:32 PM
Thanks Rick!
I don't see her on the forums much anymore.
Great gal!

Travelor
11-07-2018, 07:52 AM
Bike came to me with a lot of rear lighting. A couple of weeks ago I was told by someone following me that the difference between "run" and "brake" illumination was not a noticeable difference. The brake lights do pulse several times when they first come on and then go steady, don't know the name or brand. In an effort to increase brake lighting I ordered some LED strips from Radiantz. In the meantime I read about how to turn your turn signal lights into also run or brake also with switchback LEDs. Ordered those parts. While having the rear end disasembled decided to do both brake light increases, the turn signals and strips down each side of the tag. I do have some serious light in the rear now and a big difference is noticed between run and stop so that problem is solved. First picture is run and second is brake.
5815 5816

I noticed the same lack of brightness difference when I put the same parts on my bike. I think I used a 100 ohm (maybe 200) resister in the running light wire to dim them down a bit. Now quite noticeable difference when the brakes go on.

Big TP
11-07-2018, 08:08 AM
IMO. Lots of lights are good, obviously, but nothing activates the driver's subconscious like FLASHING LIGHTS. The Whelen TIR3 I just had installed backs cars off from 1/4 mile away thinking I am an emergency vehicle.

From 53Driver

https://youtu.be/V4fW2R5W7nk