PDA

View Full Version : PNW F6B lunch at Hooters...today

MichaelG
11-21-2013, 12:56 PM
.welcome20. For all you F6B riders in thee Great Pacific Northwest, and those brave enough to ride from the sunny climates of Florida to the

bone chilling temps of Western Washington...20 degrees out this morning......YOU are ALL invited to join us at the Hooters happygirl in Tacoma, WA.

for a FREE lunch starting a just before Noon. We have to get there before the Army and Air Force officers take their lunch break :icon_wink:

So...HondaBikePro...if you are reading this, get on your bike and ride up to YOUR dealership in Lakewood, meet with Kevin and I, and I am buying lunch.

Woooooooo Hooooooo :cheers::beer3:

MichaelG
11-21-2013, 05:22 PM
So....Day # 2 of the new CT experience...and I can tell 1951VBS (Mike) that I am quite happy with the CT. It is slightly different, but all in a good way, nothing negative. Rear end feels very planted, and comfortable in corners and at higher speed curves.

We went to Hooters, we saw Hooters, we ate....buffalo chicken, quesadias, and a hamburger. Only three of us showed up. One was the birthday boy from 2 days ago, one was the sneaky bike shop owner that likes to ride to the East Coast when he knows my bike is all torn apart inside his shop, and the last guy was the one nobody will ride with on a rainy day, due to fear of getting struck by lightning a second time.:shock:

We had fun, and once on the road and plugged in with our Gerbing Heated Clothing, it was quite a nice day, bright sunshine, cold...but we were warm inside. Bikes all ran great...hey...they are Honda F6Bs, so nobody had to call a tow truck.

:lolup:

We started talking about having a late Spring or Summer time Northwest F6B rally, for our region. Maybe...the Hooters in Portland, and then ride around Mt. Hood, and over to Redmond, OR., up to Biggs Junction, then up to WA. to ride Hwy 14, back to Vancouver, then back to Portland.

That was just an idea. We are open to hearing from anyone that lives within a distance that they would actually ride to our gathering. Since we know the Sunshine State Syndicate will not ride all the way out here, we will have to come up with ideas of our own.:crackup:

1951vbs
11-21-2013, 08:15 PM
So....Day # 2 of the new CT experience...and I can tell 1951VBS (Mike) that I am quite happy with the CT. It is slightly different, but all in a good way, nothing negative. Rear end feels very planted, and comfortable in corners and at higher speed curves.

We started talking about having a late Spring or Summer time Northwest F6B rally, for our region. Maybe...the Hooters in Portland, and then ride around Mt. Hood, and over to Redmond, OR., up to Biggs Junction, then up to WA. to ride Hwy 14, back to Vancouver, then back to Portland.

That was just an idea. We are open to hearing from anyone that lives within a distance that they would actually ride to our gathering. Since we know the Sunshine State Syndicate will not ride all the way out here, we will have to come up with ideas of our own.:crackup:

Already checked on my wholesale price for Michelin Primacy Alpin 3 ZP 195/55R16 @ $128! thanks Miles.

I would come for lunch from the greater southeast if it was around Sturgis time.:icon_lol:

edgeman55
11-21-2013, 08:41 PM
:lolup:

I would come up North for that Miles sounds like a nice ride.

MichaelG
11-21-2013, 09:44 PM
I would come up North for that Miles sounds like a nice ride.

Actually, when we were discussing this at lunch today, amoung a myriad of other topics, Kevin had the idea of having the rally in Baker City, OR. so as to attract all the riders from WA., OR, CA., NV. and ID. That is what we would like to do, is attract as many riders from our region, and those that would want to ride the roads of our region, but live outside the Great Pacific Northwest. Riding on roads like...Hells Canyon...and up to Washington's version of Stone Henge, would allow riders to see and feel how good the roads are, with so little traffic, and open roads that we have here in this area.

We will discuss this further, get together with our forum members in the Portland area, and find a place where we can all agree would be best as a central locale, where rides can be taken each day. Maybe...Pendleton, OR. From there, we could ride south over...Deadman's Pass...and then cross over to Hells' Canyon. Yes, those really are the names of those roads.

:yikes:

BTW, edgeman55, my very best riding buddy of over 40 years lives in Washoe Valley, just down the road from you. He is 80 now, and still rides very well.

Dirtstiff's F6B
11-21-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm in if not working.

Jim - West of PDX

bobbyf6b
11-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Are you allowed to pump your own gas into a motorcycle in OR? I heard you can't pump your own gas in a car. That would piss me off.

Big Jay
11-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Are you allowed to pump your own gas into a motorcycle in OR? I heard you can't pump your own gas in a car. That would piss me off.

I Have lived here in OR. for 18 years and I've had a motorcycle most of that time, they always hand me the hose to pump the gas in the bike,when i'm done they hang it up and hand me the recipit. No one but me has pumped gas in one of my bikes. Most times the attendant will wrap a paper towl around the end of the nossele. They are pretty good about it.

Big Jay
11-21-2013, 10:40 PM
A NW F6B rally sounds good ,any place in OR or WA sounds good to me. :cheers:

4DI2D
11-22-2013, 01:26 PM
I Have lived here in OR. for 18 years and I've had a motorcycle most of that time, they always hand me the hose to pump the gas in the bike,when i'm done they hang it up and hand me the recipit. No one but me has pumped gas in one of my bikes. Most times the attendant will wrap a paper towl around the end of the nossele. They are pretty good about it.

Lobbying by ABATE of Oregon got the law changed so riders can pump their own fuel. I used to just smile and ask if they wanted to buy a new paint job for my bike. The kicker was the safety of the rider (spilling fuel on a hot cylinder head or exhaust system). In areas like Portland where they have vapor recovery a clip to hold the vapor sleeve back is very handy.

F6BPDX
11-22-2013, 04:05 PM
If you guys do get the meetup planned I will be there. Hells Canyon would probably get my vote as I have heard lots of good things, but really anywhere in OR or WA is fine by me (since I am sure everyone was just going to hold their breath until I chimed in on what was fine with me :crackup:)

MichaelG
11-22-2013, 04:18 PM
After studying the maps this morning...I am inclined to agree with Kevins' original idea of hosting the gathering in either Baker City or LaGrande, OR. We will have to go there in person, check out the facilities, motels, restaurants, etc. I agree that a ride through Hells Canyon would be the most entertaining ride for folks that are not doing that every day, or every month, or even every year. Once we get into the first of the year, I will ask for members from the Portlandia Posse to step forward and meet with some of us WA. riders, and see if we can firm up some plans.

By having it in a location like LaGrande, OR. that makes it centralized for the Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Nevada, and even Nor Cal riders too. :yes:

unsub
11-24-2013, 08:03 PM
After studying the maps this morning...I am inclined to agree with Kevins' original idea of hosting the gathering in either Baker City or LaGrande, OR. We will have to go there in person, check out the facilities, motels, restaurants, etc. I agree that a ride through Hells Canyon would be the most entertaining ride for folks that are not doing that every day, or every month, or even every year. Once we get into the first of the year, I will ask for members from the Portlandia Posse to step forward and meet with some of us WA. riders, and see if we can firm up some plans.

By having it in a location like LaGrande, OR. that makes it centralized for the Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Nevada, and even Nor Cal riders too. :yes:

I know this is getting ahead of the discussion but FWIW If you like camping then Baker City has an excellent campground http://www.mtviewrv.com with motels not far off for the balance of the group. The hosts are fantastic and the location is clean, quiet, treed & Bike friendly.

Stayed there many times passing through. I don't have any affiliation with the owners or business.

Dirtstiff's F6B
11-24-2013, 10:14 PM
http://www.hellscanyonrally.com/

MichaelG
11-25-2013, 01:05 AM
http://www.hellscanyonrally.com/

Well........I kinda like that idea. I would love to hear from the rest of you that "might" attend a gathering of F6B riders and forum members in the Pacific Northwest. We think we can get possibly 20 riders from this forum to show up, from WA., OR., CA., NV., ID. MT, and WY. If riders from UT, and AZ want to show up, PLEASE do.

One of the most difficult things to do in organizing a rally or gathering is choosing a date, because everyone has many things they are doing, so it can be hard to please a large enough number of riders, to make it worthwhile. So...If the HCMR (Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally) is being held on July 10th -14th, that is just about the right timing for us too. Maybe the only negative to it at that time would be possibly too much heat, as...we are people from the Great Pacific North-WET. So we are used to more mild Summers, and all that have ridden through the Baker City, OR. area know it can get hot there.

I would imagine that rooms are going to be getting booked up EARLY, and...do you really want a room in Baker City, or in LaGrande, or possibly in Enterprise ?

Personally, I don't mind being a visitor to the ZOO, but I no longer like being part of the ZOO displays....meaning.......I think it might be nice to have a block of rooms reserved in either LaGrande or Enterprise...and ride up to Baker City "IF" any of us wants to see the baby-sturgis like zoo......rather than reserving a block of rooms at a motel/hotel in Baker City, OR., and being caught up in the middle of the zoo.

But I would love to hear from you...and YOU...and...even YOU.

My thoughts would be to have me and a few others arrive on Thursday afternoon, secure the motel/hotel...already reserved in advance...and await all other F6B riders to show up on Friday as they roll in. We can all get together for an informal dinner on Friday night...do our own ride on Saturday, maybe a nice barbeque or dinner on Saturday night...and either choose to leave on Sunday if you need to get back home, or troll around the streets of Baker City seeing what is still standing of that once historic small town.

If we are going to reserve a block of rooms in advance, during this same time period...it is time to jump, so PLEASE let me know what you are thinking.

NOTE: This post is also copied over to a NEW thread...all about the PNW F6B Rally

MichaelG
11-25-2013, 01:11 AM
BTW, the Tres' Amigos went for a ride today. We...Pancho, Cisco, and Sparky (I am the red-headed step-child of the group) met up in Lakewood, WA. and rode up to Port Townsend, had a nice lunch, and then rode back down Hwy 101 to Olympia...in the fog.....brrrrrrr. The fog got worse the closer I got to home. All total about 256.319372 miles today. Oh thank heaven for Gerbing Heated Clothing.

:motorcycle2::biker:.dickie-deals.