PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the heel-toe.

Vandal
12-01-2018, 10:09 AM
What are your guys' thoughts on the heel toe shifters for the B? I always enjoyed mine on the Kz1000P but have never seen one in person to feel the space on a F6b.

shortleg0521
12-01-2018, 11:47 AM
There have been many thoughts about this subject, some say that it is hard on tranny.
Myself I don’t see why if used right.
The other problem some have is the room for their boots.
I ave one on my old Valkyrie and 85000 miles later no problem.
As long as you get one that is well built with no slop you should be OK, now you must also
Make sure that when you shift make sure you mean it and don’t get lazy.

Heatnbeat
12-01-2018, 01:44 PM
I'd much rather have the toe shift but I can't make it work with my work boots: I have to do the upshift with the edge of my sole. So I bought a cheap steel heel toe shifter and I keep moving parts and pivots around. When I get everything to where I like it I'm going to whittle one out of 6061 aluminum and have it anodized.

53driver
12-01-2018, 07:50 PM
My $0.02:
I had a HT shifter on my '81 GoldWing Standard, my 98 Valk, and I have one on my '95 Heritage.
All of them had full size floorboards - it didn't look out of place.
I can't put floorboards on Isleen - I scrape too much of the pegs as it is - so she won't have an HT shifter.
Cheers,
Steve

Xrider57
12-02-2018, 01:00 AM
What are your guys' thoughts on the heel toe shifters for the B? I always enjoyed mine on the Kz1000P but have never seen one in person to feel the space on a F6b.

I have the kuryakyn and love it. I found in the twisties my boot was always under the toe shifter. When you drag your boot it wakes you up real quick. The only drawback is I didn’t do it sooner.

TerryDavid
12-02-2018, 03:17 AM
Put floorboards on my F6B and love em and the heel toe shifter

gadgeteer
12-02-2018, 08:51 AM

+ 1

Vandal
12-03-2018, 08:04 AM

Which boards did you put on?

CNC Nut
12-03-2018, 04:34 PM
I put the Rivco boards and HT shifter on mine and I really like it. Looks great too, IMHO.

Vandal
12-13-2018, 07:33 AM
I like the look and design of the Rivco, $429 is a lot of scratch for those, shopping around for deals, if you guys know of any out there. I know I know, buy once, cry once. That puts a dent in my Day Long plan. Thanks fellas.

53driver
12-13-2018, 10:52 AM
I like the look and design of the Rivco, $429 is a lot of scratch for those, shopping around for deals, if you guys know of any out there. I know I know, buy once, cry once. That puts a dent in my Day Long plan. Thanks fellas.

Do the RDL first!
Well, actually, do your windscreen first, then seat, then handlebars(Helibars).
THEN, look at other controls.
I'd hate for you to get the perfect seat and only then discover that the HT shifter is now 'uncomfortable.'
If you have the seat, then buy the shifter, if it "doesn't work out" - you can return it.

Just a little logistics thought processing after my coffee,
Cheers,
Steve

No Handle Sam
12-13-2018, 01:04 PM
I picked up a used set of the Show Chrome units from another member a couple of years ago. But I never did anything with them. (Even though I really like the H/T setup on my Street Glide) PM me your address and I will send them to you. If you like them... keep them and send me $150. If not... just send them back whenever you have a chance. (I think they are $350 new?)

BIGLRY
12-13-2018, 01:08 PM
Do the RDL first!
I'd hate for you to get the perfect seat and only then discover that the HT shifter is now 'uncomfortable.'
If you have the seat, then buy the shifter, if it "doesn't work out" - you can return it.

Cheers,
SteveHere is where we have a slight difference of opinion Steve.:icon_mrgreen:
I feel the seat is the first priority as once your ass is comfortable you can then buy the windscreen that fits your needs without having to buy another windscreen after getting your butt comfortable and finding the windscreen to high or to low. Then the handlebars(Helibars) for the perfect fit.
I have always recommended Saddle, Shield, then bars in that order to get the best fit with the lest amount of "Trial & Error".

BIGLRY
12-13-2018, 01:12 PM
i picked up a used set of the show chrome units from another member a couple of years ago. But i never did anything with them. (even though i really like the h/t setup on my street glide) pm me your address and i will send them to you. If you like them... Keep them and send me $150. If not... Just send them back whenever you have a chance. (i think they are $350 new?)

6008you the man sam!!!

53driver
12-13-2018, 06:03 PM
Here is where we have a slight difference of opinion Steve.:icon_mrgreen:
I feel the seat is the first priority as once your ass is comfortable you can then buy the windscreen that fits your needs without having to buy another windscreen after getting your butt comfortable and finding the windscreen to high or to low. Then the handlebars(Helibars) for the perfect fit.
I have always recommended Saddle, Shield, then bars in that order to get the best fit with the lest amount of "Trial & Error".

I think that's what I usually advocate too.
Must have had too much Irish cream in the coffee this morning....

From my "Gouge" post in the General section:
"- With one individual exception, NO ONE seems to like the stock windscreen. HOWEVER, get your seat, suspension, and footpegs squared away before you purchase a windscreen"

So yeah, we'll write that off too much "additive" in the coffee.
Sorry for any confusion!
Cheers,
Steve

Vandal
12-13-2018, 07:44 PM
PM Sent, Sam, you are awesome.

Vandal
12-13-2018, 07:45 PM
Do the RDL first!

Cheers,
Steve

Yep, first upgrade was the M#@$%d screen, tall enough with a 15, I may end up getting a backup 11" just for kicks. RDL is on the agenda, calling them tomorrow.

TerryDavid
12-27-2018, 10:28 AM
Today my heel toe shif lever fell off
Good thing it was at the lights?
Was in top gear but took off not a problem
Got home
Took off the mounting bracket
Screwed it on super tight
Only time will tell?:cool:

Vandal
12-28-2018, 06:53 AM
Installed the H/T on the bike this last weekend, thank you, Sam. Still have to get a bit to drill the brake lever to mount the large pad but I really love the adjustability, the spread is perfect on the widest setting for my hooves. Can't wait to ride, now if this snow would just go away.

davep
12-31-2018, 09:35 PM

am using an add on brand. I fabricated an extension for the original shift peg and bought a heel and toe from add on. The heel peg was too high so I drilled a second mount hole in the shifter that lowered it and it works great now.