PDA

View Full Version : 13" Cee Bailey Light Gray Vented Windshield For Sale

UTurn
05-16-2013, 07:37 AM
I went with the 15" version of the same shield, and have a slightly used 13" Cee Bailey Light Gray Vented windshield for sale if anyone is interested. It has about 1500 miles on it!

JimBob1
05-24-2013, 12:08 PM
How much are you asking?

Steve 0080
05-24-2013, 03:24 PM
I took my Rune out yesterday for the first time in 7 months....I swear my Cee Bailey's shield on that bike blocks the wind better that anything I have used to date on the F6B!!!!!

mgar614
05-24-2013, 08:33 PM
What size did you put on your bike? Want to get one just not sure what size to get.

Steve 0080
05-24-2013, 08:49 PM
I believe mine on the Rune is a 17"...nothing fancy ....I think the F6B makes more wind than any wing I have ever riden.....My wife requires a full face helmet rinding on the back with a 17" Baggershield.....

micky_foccer
05-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Two guys in my area (northern ca) have the 13 Cee Baileys. Both are extremely happy with the shield. One of the guys is 6'2" and he likes the 13". His is the dark smoke. Obviously at 6'2" he looks over the top and not through.

micky_foccer
05-25-2013, 06:53 PM
The real question imo is do you want one that is vented?

Steve 0080
05-25-2013, 09:04 PM
IMO....the vent does not add anything to the looks and having never used one not sure that any wind would actually come thru as well...I would like to see two bikes at the same location so one could see the shields, ( Bagger.Cee ) as to what is the difference??? I think, the Cee B. is more vertical??? The Bagger does follow the flow of the bike with the shield leaning backwards....I still like the Bagger for looks but if I could get the Cee B in dark smoke in 15"...might add it to my collection of shields....

UTurn
05-28-2013, 06:31 AM
How much are you asking?

Looking for $150.

UTurn
05-28-2013, 06:32 AM
What size did you put on your bike? Want to get one just not sure what size to get.

I'm just under 6' and put the 15" on. I like to have the height about moustache level.

JimBob1
05-28-2013, 12:04 PM
The 15 " windshield that you recently put on your F6B, is it vented? Also, does anybody with a lot of miles on the road comment on the pros and cons of vented vs. unvented shields? Have read lots of articles on the subject and the more information I read the more opinions riders have on the subject. The F6B probably looks better without a big old vent in the front windshield but what does that look do for the performance of bike going down the road? Form follows function so maybe the vent is the way to go! Not sure!

av8rdave
05-28-2013, 02:37 PM
I love it. I look just over the top, and at most speeds it keeps me in a quiet, turbulence-free zone.

I do believe the vent helps. Not so much for air to the rider, but for streaming some air up along the inside of the windshield. It helps to smooth out the airflow coming off the top, cutting down on buffeting.

The Cee Baily vent does this even when closed, since there is an open slot at the top of the vent directing air upward. I've noticed an increased benefit when opening the vent one notch. Any further open than that passes the point of diminishing returns, IMO.

Since I always wear a full face, any actual venting through the windshiels has little value.

UTurn
05-29-2013, 06:53 AM
The 15 " windshield that you recently put on your F6B, is it vented? Also, does anybody with a lot of miles on the road comment on the pros and cons of vented vs. unvented shields? Have read lots of articles on the subject and the more information I read the more opinions riders have on the subject. The F6B probably looks better without a big old vent in the front windshield but what does that look do for the performance of bike going down the road? Form follows function so maybe the vent is the way to go! Not sure!

Yes, it is vented, as is the 13" I am trying to sell. I agree the vent detracts from the looks, but I wanted the option for some air movement on hot days. There is noticeable air flow with the vent open, imo. Temps in teh Boston area are going to be in the 90's (and humid/muggy) towards the end of the week, that vent'll be open!

UTurn
05-29-2013, 06:55 AM
...as I think I noted in another post, I have an EZ-Pass toll transponder. The EZpass fits perfectly between the dash and the vent in the windshield, almost like it was made for it. It just clicks right in there.

UTurn
06-19-2013, 06:52 PM
I went with the 15" version of the same shield, and have a slightly used 13" Cee Bailey Light Gray Vented windshield for sale if anyone is interested. It has about 1500 miles on it!

srkeet
06-20-2013, 12:03 AM
:icon_wink:

Howdy y'all,

Hope everybody is piling up the miles. I don't want to undercut UTurn because he posted first, but after you buy his 13" shield, i've got a 14" vented shield for sale. A miscommunication with Cee Bailey occurred. They thought 14 was ideal; but i like to BARELY see over my shields. They wouldn't offer me a refund because it was a custom order. I would have been really bummed but i had good luck with their product on an FJR1300, so i bought another from them- the 17." They were nice enough to offer me some price 'consolation.' I agree that the F-six is the noisiest Wing! But i still love the little(?) rascal!

A very old person hunched up to their steering wheel is another bullet with your name on it. Take care and God bless!

srkeet