PDA

View Full Version : Power Block Question

unsub
01-09-2019, 09:15 AM
I'm looking for some feedback from anybody that has successfully installed a manufactured power block (for accessories) on their F6B. If you had to do it again what would you change by way of placement, size etc.., if anything?

Thanks for your insight.

olegoat345
01-09-2019, 09:36 AM
Eastern Beaver...quality workmen ship. It's fused & has positive & negative sides. Fairly EZ to work with & install. I used velcrow & a zip tie to hold mine to the strap that holds the battery in place. It fits nicely between the side cover & the battery & it's a fairly EZ safe run for accessory wires.

pdxstriper
01-09-2019, 09:56 AM
Eastern Beaver...quality workmen ship. It's fused & has positive & negative sides. Fairly EZ to work with & install. I used velcrow & a zip tie to hold mine to the strap that holds the battery in place. It fits nicely between the side cover & the battery & it's a fairly EZ safe run for accessory wires.

I agree. Used Eastern Beaver box on my B and on another bike before. I attached it to the bottom of the cover on the right side - opposite the little storage box - and used 3M double sided tape to keep it in place. I put it there for 2 reasons: 1) most of my add-in requiring power (phone charger, Garmin & heated clothing plug so far) are all up front, and 2) it is much easier to get to than removing the seat. It has worked great.

Pete

shortleg0521
01-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Ya have to agree, but did put it under seat.
So much easier to add things to bike as far as heated clothing and lights, and outlets.

unsub
01-09-2019, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback..:yes:

lloydmoore1
01-10-2019, 11:15 AM
Hooked mine to the battery with Velcro, works great and easy access.

Frye
01-13-2019, 11:13 PM
Just finished installing one of these this evening. Will post some pics of the install next chance I get. https://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-powerhub2-fuse-block-master-ground-block-and-wiring-harness-for-motorcycles

tenxxx
01-14-2019, 09:01 AM
I put a block under the left cubby. Saves running more wires from the battery.