PDA

View Full Version : Avatar??

TerryDavid
01-12-2019, 06:12 PM
For a zillion years I have been trying to put in an Avatar but this message is always their

Your Current Avatar
No Avatar Specified
Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
<label for="rb_avatarid_no"><input name="avatarid" tabindex="1" id="rb_avatarid_no" type="radio" value="-1" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 1px; font-size: 12.87px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;"> Do not use an avatar</label>Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.

So whats the go??
Or am I doing something wrong?

Ghost Rider
01-12-2019, 06:27 PM
I took me several tries to figure it out. And to be honest I don't remember how I did it. I just normally click on things until something works. That was to get it on my profile page still not on my post

olegoat345
01-12-2019, 11:28 PM
same problem here

Zteve
01-13-2019, 07:37 AM
Save a picture to your desktop. Go to forum home page. Click edit avatar. Pick use custom avatar. Then use option 2 choose file. Find your file/picture and double click it. Then save changes.

SeaSteve
08-02-2019, 09:33 AM
Save a picture to your desktop. Go to forum home page. Click edit avatar. Pick use custom avatar. Then use option 2 choose file. Find your file/picture and double click it. Then save changes.

I'm another user that can't add an Avatar. Just like the OP, an option "edit avatar" isn't available.

Zteve
08-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Hover under Welcome back on the right where your avatar would be.

StoichSix
08-07-2019, 10:11 PM
Same here, nothing works!!

Switchmonkey
08-07-2019, 11:29 PM
Same here. Always get message ‘upload failed’. The pic meets the parameters. It used to be working before things around here changed awhile back.

Hmm, never mind. It’s there now.

Paul B Blues
08-12-2019, 02:28 PM
Just followed SeaSteve's instructions and it's done :cool:

SeaSteve
08-19-2019, 01:57 PM
When I go to "User CP," then click on "Edit Avatar", this is all I get:

Just tried going to Home page then, on the Right side, clicked the "No Avatar selected" block to get the same as the picture I posted above.

RickW
08-20-2019, 05:52 PM
I have looked at all of the profiles that can not add your avatar. There should be no reason you can not add, they can be no larger then 150 x 180 pixels. You may have to empty your cache, computer may be remembering something.
If you can not upload, just send us your avatar with your registered name to valueacc@valueaccessories.net
Rick

SeaSteve
08-21-2019, 09:12 AM
RickW, I must be missing something. On the screen grab below, where do I click to "upload" a 150x180 or smaller Avatar? I've flushed cache and refreshed the page several times. Obviously I can email you my picture but sure would like to be self-sufficient.

Obviously also, since I add this screen grab, I can upload to the forum from my computer.

RickW
08-22-2019, 06:23 AM
RickW, I must be missing something. On the screen grab below, where do I click to "upload" a 150x180 or smaller Avatar? I've flushed cache and refreshed the page several times. Obviously I can email you my picture but sure would like to be self-sufficient.

Obviously also, since I add this screen grab, I can upload to the forum from my computer.

We do not know why this happens for some accounts,
as I posted previously, "If you can not upload, just send us your avatar with your registered name to valueacc@valueaccessories.net"
Rick