PDA

View Full Version : Kuryakyn black accessory durability?

zeus661
01-17-2019, 04:48 PM
How durable are the black Kuryakyn accessories. I am looking at the transformer passenger floorboards which are available in chrome and black. I think I like the black more but wonder if they will scratch and chip easier than chrome.

Does anyone have pictures with either installed on their F6B?

Thanks

Ghost Rider
01-17-2019, 05:58 PM
I use the black Ergo 2 highway pegs. Other than where I scrape them in corners they have held up well.

53driver
01-17-2019, 06:24 PM
I had the Kury oversized grips....after two years the paint started flaking off...rain/corrosion got under the paint and it would leave in good sized flakes.
When I called Kury to find out what I could do, they were kind enough to "let" me buy a new set for $60 instead of $95. Whatever. I reckon mileage is harsh to those things....
Cheers,
Steve

TerryDavid
01-18-2019, 04:01 AM
Every Kuryakyn item I have brought has either broken or if it was??? Crhome what a joke it has lost it, chipped off or?????
Every kuryakyn item I have brought is junk

2wheelsforme
01-18-2019, 06:35 AM
Not fond of Kury stuff either. Lots of bad chrome in the past on other bikes. At least with black it is easy to touch up or repaint.

olegoat345
01-18-2019, 12:26 PM
I've have fairly good luck w/ their black stuff (in central FL.), chrome starts to peel after 15K road miles in the Fl. Keys, lot's of ocean air. I don't know if any other chrome mfg. is better or not. Go with SS if you can find it.