PDA

View Full Version : Boots!

Fourks
01-22-2019, 05:40 PM
So I'm in the market for some riding boots. What boots would you suggest? I did a search first and didn't find any threads. Thanks in advance!

2wheelsforme
01-22-2019, 05:45 PM
Many choices out there. Not motorcycle boots per say but I use Bates in a tactical style. Water resistant and I like the zipper fast on and off plus will not break the bank.

53driver
01-22-2019, 05:51 PM
I got a pair of Rossi's for warmer use and pair of Tony Lama cowboy boots for weatherproof/cold weather use.

Love 'em both!

F6Pilot
01-22-2019, 06:33 PM
Wore Bates 8” DuraShocks with the side zip for years. Bates have a side seam that tends to come apart over time so I decided to try Danner with the side zip. Hate them and will go back to Bates when it’s time for replacement.

F6Bster
01-22-2019, 06:42 PM
I’ve worn Cruiserworks with the side zipper for years. Very comfortable and the sole grips the pavement well to help avoid the foot sliding out. Mine were purchased years ago, and they were refurbished and the-soled once. They were always expensive and are very expensive now I understand.

My riding buddy has worn Red Wings for years and loves them. I have a new pair for when my Cruiserworks are worn out.

olegoat345
01-22-2019, 09:46 PM
email : motorcyclegear.com w/ your info size & width info. They'll give you several suggestions. I wear a 11 = 4E and Arron found a very nice, comfortable, wide boot for me.

Denba
01-22-2019, 10:38 PM
I'm going on 4 years with Tourmaster Solution 2.0 and there still holding up well. They go for $120-$130. They're comfortable for riding although the tacticle style boot is more comfy when you stop and walk around.

Fourks
01-23-2019, 12:04 AM
THanks for the suggestions, it will help my research. It’s pretty expensive to get all the gear and the accessories for bike. So far the Bates looks like it’s in my price range, but if there’s one thing I’ve learned is don’t go cheap on the footwear. Sure wish it would warm up so I can ride instead of spending money I don’t have.

http://hondaf6b.com/blob:http://hondaf6b.com/d301baad-b183-4a1b-b766-685edc55d76f

RuneRider66
01-23-2019, 07:34 AM
Danner---Fort Lewis.
Best freaking boots around. Have over 150k miles of motorcycle riding with these boots. Comfortable, waterproof and durable. A great company a great boot.

DaWadd
01-23-2019, 10:58 AM
I love my Sidi Canyon's. Comfy right outta the box.

tpwood
01-23-2019, 04:23 PM
I know there are a lot of good riding boots around, I've been on Goldwings for years and the biggest problem I run into with my size 13 feet is my boots toes need to be low, anything with a high toe gets in the way of shifting with the tight space around the flat 6 engine. Just wanted to make you aware of that if you have big feet.

Brasco
01-23-2019, 09:15 PM
. . . anything with a high toe gets in the way of shifting with the tight space around the flat 6 engine. Just wanted to make you aware of that if you have big feet. Another boot that I've found works great with the tight toe shift room on our Bs is the TCX X-blend. In addition to a non-boxy toe area, it's waterproof, offers great ankle protection and super grip. http://www.tcxboots.com/eng/prodotti-dettaglio.php?prodotto=143

seventwenty
01-23-2019, 09:17 PM
Irish Setter (Red Wing) came out with the Ravine Tactical last fall. I've only got a few miles in them but they are extremely comfortable and I think they are going to be a great boot. Lace up or side zip, whichever you prefer.