PDA

View Full Version : What is the best heated jacket 2019?

stevenolts
02-07-2019, 10:53 AM
My Tour Master Synergy 2.0 heated jacket liner has died. It did very well since 2010!!!
What are you using?

F6Bster
02-07-2019, 12:18 PM
I have been very pleased with my Gerbings, both on the bike, and on the ATV when plowing snow.

53driver
02-07-2019, 06:58 PM
Gerbing has (or used to have) a lifetime warranty and I know many who have used it.
I'm going to a CycleGear Bike Night on 12 Feb and check out a brand called HotWire. My needs are pretty minimal.
The local motorcycle cops/Sheriffs use this brand.
I'll report back my opinions.
Cheers,
Steve

olegoat345
02-07-2019, 07:12 PM
I found a nice one on AMAZON. It's made for snow machines. Really keeps me warm. Heat coils front sides & back. Cost under $50 bucks.

markstriumph
02-07-2019, 07:17 PM
under 50 share the info please

53driver
02-07-2019, 07:43 PM
I found a nice one on AMAZON. It's made for snow machines. Really keeps me warm. Heat coils front sides & back. Cost under $50 bucks.

under 50 share the info please

Aye! Brand, style, electric source, web link....etc!

2wheelsforme
02-07-2019, 09:12 PM
I thought we were talking about the best not the cheapest.

NMRed
02-07-2019, 09:54 PM
I've used my Hot Wire gear, pants and jacket for 4 years now in temps down to zero. Never had to turn it up more than half power. Works great for me.

olegoat345
02-08-2019, 12:06 AM
AMAZON has a bunch of them. Check the ratings. The one I got has a small battery (about the size of a box of cigs. but not as thick), w/ charger, says it'll last 3-5 hours depending on setting, 3 settings. It kept me very comfortable on low, for 2+ hour ride, I turned it off after that. Mine has heat coils in the front, chest & belly area, sides, back & shoulders. In the photos, it's black w/ red circles showing the heat areas. Don't remember the brand name, it's up at my shop w/ all my other riding gear. It's after 12 midnight here & I'm not going up there. I'm afraid the boogie man might get me.

Az Wingrider
02-08-2019, 08:44 AM
I have a Fist Gear Heated Jacket Liner and Gloves. I have had them for about 10 years. I am very pleased with the performance of both the jacket liner and the gloves. First gear has a separate heat controller which I have hard wired into the bikes electrical system. The jacket liner has full sleeves and It puts out a lot of heat. Also you can wear the liner as a windbreaker when off the bike, just put the cord in the pocket and no one can see its a heated liner. First Gear is not anywhere close to the cheapest but it is durable and it works.
Az Wingrider

olegoat345
02-08-2019, 01:29 PM
The one I got off AMAZON is a vest & has it's own battery. I live in central Fl. I wouldn't spend a lot on money on anything heated as I won't need heat too often.

53driver
02-08-2019, 02:19 PM
I thought we were talking about the best not the cheapest.

Sometimes the most inexpensive IS the best - depending upon needs.
(I mean, we do live in Florida...)

olegoat345
02-08-2019, 03:25 PM
I think you're right. I get Consumers Reports monthly & they test everything except MC stuff. It seems most often, the most expensive does not get their best rating. I also try to check the online ratings & read the 1 & 2 star ratings first..... I get Motorcycle Consumer News (MCN) magazine & they're pretty straight forward with their ratings. A online good one is webbikereviews.com, all they do is review motorcycle gear.