PDA

View Full Version : Bike Down

BigO
11-25-2013, 06:59 PM
2 blocks from the house, woman rear ends me, while I'm sitting at the stop sign, after spending hundreds in Kury Lights. I'm ok though, bike suffered some damage,
thank God!!!

Steve 0080
11-25-2013, 07:12 PM
As long as you are OK.... and people make fun of me for having lights.....

MichaelG
11-25-2013, 07:20 PM
BogO, please do not assume you are okay. There are many injuries that can occur from being rear ended, especially when on a bike. Take the time to be thoroughly checked out, and spend a few days feeling the pain, before clearing yourself.

And Steve, we only razz you because we love you...Man ! Many of us have added flashing lights to our bikes since that time.

NOTE: Seriously, ask the police to investigate the drivers' cell phone, and see if she was ON the phone...talking or texting...at that time. A phone call log will show it. If she was...she is in big trouble.

1951vbs
11-25-2013, 07:24 PM
2 blocks from the house, woman rear ends me, while I'm sitting at the stop sign, after spending hundreds in Kury Lights. I'm ok though, bike suffered some damage,
thank God!!!

Glad you are OK. Lights, Hi-Viz Gear can help but only so much. Lots of distracted drivers and just not engaged. There are lots of accidents involving emergency vehicles especially fire trucks and the number one excuse from drivers "I didn't see it". Bike can be fixed.

1951vbs
11-25-2013, 07:25 PM
And Steve, we only razz you because we love you...Man ! Many of us have added flashing lights to our bikes since that time.

But Steve has lights and.....CHROME!!!

Phantom
11-25-2013, 07:27 PM
As long as you are OK.... and people make fun of me for having lights.....

BigO, glad to hear that you are OK. I had installed a "Back Off" device on another Bike and it works great. For $40, it's worth it.

http://wingstuff.com/products/916-xp-rear-brake-modulator?from_search=1

Steve, it's not the lights that makes us laugh about you ...... :icon_razz:

firetech
11-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Glad to hear your okay.

bob109
11-25-2013, 07:38 PM
thank God!!!

You live and ride in Florida and the accident happened in Fl. If you fail to seek a medical evaluation for the slightest pain or injury caused by the accident within two weeks of its occurrence, you loose your right to any form of monetary recovery. Its Florida Law! Get checked out by a doctor and get it on record. A copy of the Police Accident Report wouldn't be a bad idea either. Don't be foolish! Protect yourself. Rear-end accident injuries may take several weeks, if not months, to show up.

BigO
11-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Thanks Guy's, for your concern's!!

Steve 0080
11-25-2013, 07:53 PM
The blue hairs are out to get you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .batman-smiley.

fsixb_AZ
11-25-2013, 07:54 PM
First off, glad you are alright, but the bike is probably not. And for this reason is why I'm proud to say I'm WAY over the top for rear lighting, if a driver behind me does not notice these lights then they either have just had a medical emergency or they are pre occupied with that distraction device also known as a smart phone, though I consider them dumb phones.

http://youtu.be/3xurQUN9ouA

FlaMike
11-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Sorry to hear that BigO. That sucks.

I was just talking about you to Big Al today. Hope your scooter isn't hurt too bad.

jkelley
11-26-2013, 06:03 AM
Glad you are ok.
Folks we have not got a prayer!
Woman hit a vehicle from behind today at a stop sign, it was a police car that had stopped to render assistance to a disabled motorist! All lights on looking like a Christmas tree. Guess what? She didn't see it.
We can blame cell phones, radios, eating, smoking and what ever and I am sure they are a big problem. But YOU SIMPLY CAN NOT FIX STUPID!!!

BigO
11-26-2013, 07:47 AM
First off, glad you are alright, but the bike is probably not. And for this reason is why I'm proud to say I'm WAY over the top for rear lighting, if a driver behind me does not notice these lights then they either have just had a medical emergency or they are pre occupied with that distraction device also known as a smart phone, though I consider them dumb phones.

I have the same setup as you, minus the brake modulator. Which I will definitely add, when the bike is fixed.

BigO
11-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Sorry to hear that BigO. That sucks.

I was just talking about you to Big Al today. Hope your scooter isn't hurt too bad.

Thanks, Big Al will have another to put back together.

kjelders
11-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Glad to hear you are ok.....as others have said, get checked out by your doc. Some injuries take a bit to show up. And I'm speaking as a former trauma nurse.

I see a winter project coming on for you. Wait, FL doesn't have winters. :shock:

Retired Army
11-26-2013, 10:48 AM
BigO glad to hear that you are ok. This is probably the worst crash I have witnessed.

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/NewsView/13-11-07/Indianapolis_police_officer_found_guilty_in_death_ of_motorcyclist.aspx

Memphian
11-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Glad you're OK. I was involved in an accident two months after the purchase of my F6B with over 8,000 dollars in damage. The offending driver had good insurance and everything was repaired by a Honda Dealer that I have done business with in the past.
As stated by others here get a check up from your Doctor. I felt fine and didn't notice any bumps or pain from my accident, however the next day I could hardly move my head. I claimed my injuries to the drivers insurance that struck me and all of my medical bills were paid in full.
Take care of yourself first, then repairs to your bike. Hopefully you will have many more enjoyable days on the road on your F6B.

MichaelG
11-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Take care of yourself first, then repairs to your bike.

Oh...ya see, I did this all backwards. I had the bike fixed first, over $ 10,000.00 in damage to the electrical systems, and now I am finally going to get myself fixed up...surgery in 8 days.

I always seem to get it wrong, eh?:yikes:

Memphian
11-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Oh...ya see, I did this all backwards. I had the bike fixed first, over $ 10,000.00 in damage to the electrical systems, and now I am finally going to get myself fixed up...surgery in 8 days.

I always seem to get it wrong, eh?:yikes:

HeHe, Miles you crack me up! :clap2: Good luck with your surgery.

4DI2D
11-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Been rear-ended, didn't like it.

Steve, be careful that the bling (QFC) doesn't blind drivers and make them lose control!!

Dark Knight
11-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Glad your ok to tell the story!

That is my biggest fear! We had one killed here this year, person didn't even hit the breaks and smacked into the rear of an MC at a stop light.

Sounds like we need proximity based rear rocket launchers or at least very long spikes to take them with us. :icon_twisted:

Hornblower
11-26-2013, 05:52 PM
And a great tip from my local motorcycle cop friends...when coming to a stop, leave plenty of space between you and the car in front. Watch the rear views for the approaching traffic behind you to make sure they are stopping. If it looks like someone may hit you, gas it either left or right to escape. The key is leaving enough room in front to maneuver.

motozeke
11-26-2013, 06:24 PM

You don't need a Christmas display, just put this in your front lawn and turn on the hazards. :icon_lol:

choptop
11-26-2013, 06:56 PM
Glad to hear you are okay.