PDA

View Full Version : New to Wings and forum

ED209
11-26-2013, 10:56 AM
I picked up a 2013 red F6B .batman-smiley.

Traded my 120ci built Stratoliner. :icon_cool: That was a great bike too.

I'm tipping 54 years old and wisdom has told me to get the F6B to last my life. It fits all my wants to the T. :041:

My name is Ed

MichaelG
11-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Welcome, Ed. .welcome20. I think that WE all hope that you too find the F6B to be one of the best bikes, if not THEE best bike, you have ever owned.

I have no doubt that very soon a member of the Sunshine State Syndicate will be saying hello, and showing you their secret handshake that only riders from Florida get to share. There are a lot of Florida riders on this forum.

Gather up all the info you can, think twice before making the purchases and changes to the bike, as there is a wealth of information on this forum.

Scotrod
11-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Ex-Strat rider with 1st 'Wing' here as well.

I had no real complaints with the Strat, but still, the F6B 'Wing puts one in a whole different realm. :icon_biggrin: :yes:

Welcome to the 6 and the F6B RIDERS forum!

F6B-RICH
11-26-2013, 11:52 AM
.batman-smiley. Welcome .batman-smiley. and congrats on your new toy :icon_biggrin:

jkelley
11-26-2013, 01:16 PM
Welcome Ed. I am the same vintage, congrats on the bike, now let the fun begin.

Let me help get you started: Windshield, lighting, back rest, seat????????

I used to be the victim of the Harley tax but you can forgo all that as this machine runs well out of the box.

F6B tax?

timjoebob
11-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Welcome from the Shenandoah Valley, Ed. The advice and entertainment is good here. Glad you're here.

austin_tech
11-26-2013, 01:38 PM
I picked up a 2013 red F6B .batman-smiley.

Traded my 120ci built Stratoliner. :icon_cool: That was a great bike too.

I'm tipping 54 years old and wisdom has told me to get the F6B to last my life. It fits all my wants to the T. :041:

My name is Ed

Welcome aboard, Ed. Name's Russ, another newcomer to the forum and recent purchase of F6B in Austin, TX. Love the bike, dig the forum, seem like great peeps.

BTW, I just placed an order for the Baggershield screen (adjustable) and the Kuryakyn glove box cubby -- hoping a Starbuck's cup will hold fast in there. This forum is dangerous for your bank account :)

jkelley
11-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Welcome aboard, Ed. Name's Russ, another newcomer to the forum and recent purchase of F6B in Austin, TX. Love the bike, dig the forum, seem like great peeps.

BTW, I just placed an order for the Baggershield screen (adjustable) and the Kuryakyn glove box cubby -- hoping a Starbuck's cup will hold fast in there. This forum is dangerous for your bank account :)

Starbucks cup works!

Unless you are one of the QFC club Plasti Dip is your friend!

I agree, the forum is full of good people that will steer you as straight as can be. If you plan on buying pretty much anything for your new bike someone on here has experience with it. One person who shall remain nameless can also guide you through electrical events that would probably have killed most people. ( sorry Miles, had to do it)

Scotrod
11-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Unless you are one of the QFC club Plasti Dip is your friend!

Now available in black,,,

One person who shall remain nameless can also guide you through electrical events that would probably have killed most people. ( sorry Miles, had to do it)

If you ever ride with Miles, just remember to keep an eye on the sky!! .lightning-smilie.

MichaelG
11-26-2013, 05:11 PM
:shhh:

dickiedeals
11-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Welcome to the F6B Forum From Sunny Cocoa Fl. You are going to love your F6B. Miles is correct about the wealth knowledge here about our bikes and the many of Accessories available. When I started on the Forum, I came from the HD world and didn't have a clue how to remove the Tupperware that surrounds our wonderful machine. If you need to know you can find it here. You must plan on the get together this summer in Franklin NC. looking forward to riding with you in the future........................Dickie.dickie-deals.

FlaMike
11-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Welcome from FLA Left coast. Just got my F6 last week and I knew it was a sweet ride but it just gets better every time I fire it up. Enjoy.

I think all the Fla guys need a lunch ride somewhere mid state.

choptop
11-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Welcome from Choptop, from the Stratoliner forum. lol

dickiedeals
11-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Welcome from FLA Left coast. Just got my F6 last week and I knew it was a sweet ride but it just gets better every time I fire it up. Enjoy.

I agree on the lunch ride. Where is center to us all here in Fl.? Bet Steve knows....
Sarasota, Isn't that where the Clown College is or is that Hudson? I know its the west coast. Nothing over here but Mickey Mouse and Rockets....funnychit.....Dickie

rcroller
11-26-2013, 07:26 PM

I'm another new F6B owner, new forum member, and Florida Panhandle (Tallahassee) resident. I'd definitely be up for a lunch ride!
Bob

FlaMike
11-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Well there's this place in Alachua (N.Gainesville) called Conestoga's. Old place, good food, been there many times with FL Valk guys.

200mi from me. Just throwing it out there.

http://www.conestogasrestaurant.com/

GONRDN
11-26-2013, 07:59 PM
.batman-smiley..welcome20..batman-smiley.

Mike
11-26-2013, 08:03 PM
.welcome20. :beer3:.welcome20. This is a great forum and a great bunch of guys!

ED209
11-26-2013, 08:09 PM
:icon_mrgreen: well, I feel my performance needs are fine. Thing hauls :moon:

Choptop from the Stratoliner forum, you will love the F6B :icon_cool:

Starbucks, now your talkin my cup of Frapachino or Duncan Coolata :041:

Like I told the dealer when they called today to see how I like it. :crackup: LIKE IT, I eat and sleep with it :shhh:

As I talked to the forum admin today on the phone, I gave a little of my motorcycle past........

I am the basic half breed type hybrid, need performance and beauty as a package. I like to sit upright when I ride and I need power. Living in Florida, I can see that the water cooling is gonna be a big plus to keep power at best performance in hot months or traffic. The radio is just out of this world, have my MP3 hooked to it with my road music. The bags are roomy enough for my needs, plus it has those extra little dash pockets, nice.

All I want so far is a backrest like I had on the Stratoliner. I just cant ride too long without a backrest, got spoiled. Looking at the Corbin dual backrest seat, need that very soon. :icon_razz:

I will look up all I can in past posts about some questions I have, if I cant find a post on it, I will pst and ask about it. :biggthumpup: Thank you nice people for the welcome. Ed :icon_mrgreen:

Scotrod
11-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Backrest,,,

If running the OEM seat pan,,,, the Utopia comes highly recommended.

Trike lady
11-26-2013, 09:01 PM
I agree on the lunch ride. Where is center to us all here in Fl.? Bet Steve knows....
Sarasota, Isn't that where the Clown College is or is that Hudson? I know its the west coast. Nothing over here but Mickey Mouse and Rockets....funnychit.....Dickie
The only college near Hudson is in New Port Richey; Pasco Hernando Community College, I went there but never completed my degree.

Trike lady
11-26-2013, 09:03 PM
120ci Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting an F6B, ride safe and enjoy.

FlaMike
11-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Hey 120, here's another backrest choice for stock seat.
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/show-chrome-accessories-big-bike-parts-smart-mount-driver-backrest-honda-gl1800-f6b-models-13-and-newer/part/BBP-52-832

If you decide on new seat, Ultimate just release their F6B seat w/ Rider Backrest. I've had good luck with their seats in the past.

Big Jay
11-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the forum and the awesome ride (F6B). I'm fairly new to the forum my self , been reading a lot, learned some stuff , laughed a lot. and enjoy the comeroderey of fellow riders of an awesome bike.:icon_biggrin:

firetech
11-26-2013, 09:44 PM
Welcome and Congrats from the mid west coast of FL.
Lunch sound like a great idea. Lets try to set something up.

rcroller
11-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Well there's this place in Alachua (N.Gainesville) called Conestoga's. Old place, good food, been there many times with FL Valk guys.

200mi from me. Just throwing it out there.

http://www.conestogasrestaurant.com/

Gainesville would work for me. About 2.5 hours each way. How bout you guys in the midle part?

Steve 0080
11-29-2013, 12:03 AM
Let me have a few days notice and I may be able to run up as well.... Sun or Thur are better for me...thur Dec 5 headed to Ultimate seats in Daytona...

ED209
11-29-2013, 05:54 AM
Let me have a few days notice and I may be able to run up as well.... Sun or Thur are better for me...thur Dec 5 headed to Ultimate seats in Daytona...

'll try to make it there to look at seats, then over to look at the parts store for stuff.

Steve 0080
11-29-2013, 09:29 AM
cool if you want set a time and we will try to meet up..............

dickiedeals
11-29-2013, 11:34 AM
I was going to try and do the seat thing Thursday (butt) literally I'm scheduled to get a video of my insides that day and a Cardiologist appointment on Friday. Busy the weekend of the 7th. Other than that I'm free to meet up at a place of your choosing for lunch or whatever.................Dickie

WingStuff
11-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Welcome from sunny…er…rainy Southern California! Good to have you on the forum and in the family!

opas ride
11-29-2013, 05:19 PM
120ci....Thought I had bought my last bike at 59, it was a 99 Valkyrie Tour and had everything I wanted, but now at 74, and 4 bikes later, I love my F6B and it will be my last bike!! (maybe).....Enjoy your new ride as these bikes are great.....Saw a T-shirt at a BMW dealership the other day that read....How Many Bikes Is Enough!!! Just One More!!

ED209
11-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Thank you ALL for the continuous welcoming aboard.

Its nice to already have a meet and greet with one of you. Steve, this time of year being cold and clammy most mornings, I would say around lunch time I should be there. As the week goes on, I will keep you posted as to a more positive meet time.

Thanks, Ed