PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Simple Cheap

TerryDavid
03-19-2019, 10:09 PM
So if you want Bluetooth on your bike
So you can plug you mobile phone and listen to some tunes
But you don't want to pay a zillion dollars:cool:
Check this out
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mpow-Wireless-Bluetooth-Home-Car-Aux-Audio-Stereo-Music-3-5mm-Adapter-Receiver/162627697576?epid=26013154950&hash=item25dd5dbba8:g:sS0AAOSwIJlZ6IqZ&frcectupt=true
Maybe $12 delivered
Been using one for a while now and works great
Just too simple
Simply plug it into the 3.5 audio in yah left hand cubby
Turn it on by pressing the button and sync it with yah phone
All Done6251

Joflewbyu2
03-20-2019, 02:18 AM
Why not just plug the phone into the 3.5 plug in the left cubby to listen to music? Can you charge it while it is operating or must you charge it after several hours of use?

VaBob
03-20-2019, 05:58 AM
Not all newer phones have 3.5mm plugs. Some just have a usb-c or apple plug.

unsub
03-20-2019, 07:52 AM

:yes:

TerryDavid
03-20-2019, 11:05 AM
Why not just plug the phone into the 3.5 plug in the left cubby to listen to music? Can you charge it while it is operating or must you charge it after several hours of use?
With Bluetooth you can still use your phone, like for GPS, Answering and making calls, Messaging
If you Have a USB in the side of your cubby you can charge it. My Bluetooth is always plugged into it

TerryDavid
03-20-2019, 11:06 AM
If you don't have a 3.5 female in your phone ?? How do you use earphones?

jmdaniel
03-20-2019, 11:18 AM
If you don't have a 3.5 female in your phone ?? How do you use earphones?

https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/GUEST_f55ffe42-a855-43e3-b051-c996957711e4?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg

The headphone jack disappeared from iPhones in 2016, with the rollout of the iPhone 7.

53driver
03-20-2019, 07:38 PM
https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/GUEST_f55ffe42-a855-43e3-b051-c996957711e4?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg

The headphone jack disappeared from iPhones in 2016, with the rollout of the iPhone 7.

Are these helmet speakers or earbuds?
In many states, employing any earbuds or employing more than one earbud is illegal.
Be careful out there!

Cheers,
Steve

The Fuzz
03-20-2019, 07:51 PM
Definitely illegal to have ear buds in both ears...at least in Ohio it is

53driver
03-20-2019, 07:59 PM

Ditto for Florida - although one IS legal.

TerryDavid
03-20-2019, 10:53 PM
Sorry I forgot I was talking to America where they still use Apple
I suppose some people still use Iphone???????

jmdaniel
03-21-2019, 04:28 AM
Are these helmet speakers or earbuds?
In many states, employing any earbuds or employing more than one earbud is illegal.
Be careful out there!

Cheers,
Steve

Ditto for Florida - although one IS legal.

Sorry I forgot I was talking to America where they still use Apple
I suppose some people still use Iphone???????

You guys... I was referring to the comment that asked how headphones were used with phones that didn't have a 3.5mm headphone jack. The options, if you're using one of those archaic iPhones, (last time I checked, Apple is still making lots of money globally, but I'm just a dumb American, so check my math), is buying the Lightning to 3.5mm dongle for $9, or Bluetooth from the phone, (which is why Apple ditched the headphone jack). I use the latter, to my Sena system. Sorry my picture of earbuds threw so many of you in the ditch. Super sorry that the earbuds were Bose, another of those American companies... :p

VaBob
03-21-2019, 07:15 AM

gadgeteer
03-21-2019, 07:26 AM
... or good quality helmet speakers such as iASUS https://www.amazon.com/iASUS-XSound-Definition-Helmet-Speakers/dp/B00MV2ZLHC/ref=asc_df_B00MV2ZLHC/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309806291903&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17544378538157047481&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026807&hvtargid=pla-568626223869&psc=1

billsim
03-21-2019, 08:13 AM
I plug a bluetooth receiver ($8.00) into the saddlebag USB. I put my Iphone in the left front cubbyhole with Pandora playing on the phone thru bluetooth. Using the AUX setting on the radio I can use the handlebar volume and skip switches on the handlebars.
Here is the USB Bluetooth Receiver that I use.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SATN9J2/ref=dp_prsubs_1

They get their power from the USB plug in the saddlebag.
I can also charge the phone in the front cubby while still using bluetooth for tunes.

Has been working for years now.

TerryDavid
03-21-2019, 08:46 AM
That sounds a good system
I have my Bluetooth receiver hoked up to the 3.5 in my pocket and its also hooked up through the USB to charge through the charger that's in the pocket wall
My phone is on cradle on my dash which is also plugged into a USB charger
All my Phones music can be controlled through my handlebar volume and channel/song levers:cool:

53driver
03-21-2019, 08:51 AM
You guys... I was referring to the comment that asked how headphones were used with phones that didn't have a 3.5mm headphone jack. The options, if you're using one of those archaic iPhones, (last time I checked, Apple is still making lots of money globally, but I'm just a dumb American, so check my math), is buying the Lightning to 3.5mm dongle for $9, or Bluetooth from the phone, (which is why Apple ditched the headphone jack). I use the latter, to my Sena system. Sorry my picture of earbuds threw so many of you in the ditch. Super sorry that the earbuds were Bose, another of those American companies... :p

Yes, the Apple solution is definitely geared towards wireless. My android phone & Sena 10H (oldie but goodie) communicate just fine to the Sena's helmet speakers.
I don't use it for music though. Music is still my 320GB iPod in the bag... I wish the Sena speakers were made by Bose - I have a lot of their gear still including some 901s that I still find amazing.
It's all good.

jmdaniel
03-21-2019, 10:12 AM
Yes, the Apple solution is definitely geared towards wireless. My android phone & Sena 10H (oldie but goodie) communicate just fine to the Sena's helmet speakers.
I don't use it for music though. Music is still my 320GB iPod in the bag... I wish the Sena speakers were made by Bose - I have a lot of their gear still including some 901s that I still find amazing.
It's all good.

I have a set of 301s and a set of 601s I bought in the mid 80s. The 601s could probably use a little cone repair, but great speakers.

RuneRider66
03-22-2019, 01:48 AM
So is speeding illegal in all states!!! What's the point, I am sure your all guilty

VStarRider
03-22-2019, 12:56 PM
I plug a bluetooth receiver ($8.00) into the saddlebag USB. I put my Iphone in the left front cubbyhole with Pandora playing on the phone thru bluetooth. Using the AUX setting on the radio I can use the handlebar volume and skip switches on the handlebars.
Here is the USB Bluetooth Receiver that I use.

They get their power from the USB plug in the saddlebag.
I can also charge the phone in the front cubby while still using bluetooth for tunes.

Has been working for years now.
Soooo...I can plug this into my saddlebag USB ... where it gets power ... and sync it to my phone ... and keep my phone in my Ram Mount playing tunes ... and be able to use handlebar volume and track controls ?

This is not a highly rated item on Amazon. Many reviews mention connectivity issues and delays in changing songs after advancing a track. Has this been your experience?

53driver
03-22-2019, 01:54 PM
So is speeding illegal in all states!!! What's the point, I am sure your all guilty

VERY guilty!
But to answer your question, the point was that states have different rules about earbuds vs. headsets and that riding from state to state "might" result in an issue.
Although I was a member of a global law enforcement contingent, I am no longer acting in that capacity and I merely spread information as I deem required.

Cheers,
Steve

53driver
03-22-2019, 01:57 PM
Soooo...I can plug this into my saddlebag USB ... where it gets power ... and sync it to my phone ... and keep my phone in my Ram Mount playing tunes ... and be able to use handlebar volume and track controls ?

This is not a highly rated item on Amazon. Many reviews mention connectivity issues and delays in changing songs after advancing a track. Has this been your experience?

I saw those reviews too...
I'll preface this with I do not own one of these devices.
Many times, BT issues are lots of user error.
Your statement "I can plug this into my saddlebag USB ... where it gets power ... and sync it to my phone ... and keep my phone in my Ram Mount playing tunes" is correct. I do not know if the track changer on the left handgrip works with ALL BT devices - but at $8 it's worth a shot if keeping the phone in the RAM mount is your objective.
Best of luck,
Steve

VStarRider
03-22-2019, 04:08 PM
Just ordered one. Will see how it goes!

xgringo
03-22-2019, 08:57 PM
I'm in!!

Thanks billsim!!

Oh...Love the Dawg!!

billsim
03-22-2019, 09:55 PM

The only issue I ever have is occasionally have to unhook from usb to reboot the thing. Also have to hit AUX button on radio 2x to get the bluetooth playing.
I did buy 2 of the units in case one goes south on me.
If you have ever connected a bluetooth device before, this is just as simple.
I always make sure Pandora is playing before I put my phone in the cubby.

OlyF6B
03-24-2019, 09:34 PM
"in may states..." it's illegal to exceed posted speed limits... I suppose one has to pick and choose when to be a good citizen! ;-)

53driver
03-25-2019, 06:59 PM
"in may states..." it's illegal to exceed posted speed limits... I suppose one has to pick and choose when to be a good citizen! ;-)

Aye! And I'll pick when & where, but I'll be knowledgeable in the decision!

Anyone else ever get a "Warning" from a Virginia State Trooper for 74 in a 55?

Dior55
03-30-2019, 02:19 PM
So if you want Bluetooth on your bike
So you can plug you mobile phone and listen to some tunes
But you don't want to pay a zillion dollars:cool:
Check this out
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mpow-Wireless-Bluetooth-Home-Car-Aux-Audio-Stereo-Music-3-5mm-Adapter-Receiver/162627697576?epid=26013154950&hash=item25dd5dbba8:g:sS0AAOSwIJlZ6IqZ&frcectupt=true
Maybe $12 delivered
Been using one for a while now and works great
Just too simple
Simply plug it into the 3.5 audio in yah left hand cubby
Turn it on by pressing the button and sync it with yah phone
All Done6251

Not sure how you do this. All I have is a male 3.5 audio wire in my cubby. Where are you plugging this in?

53driver
03-30-2019, 07:37 PM
Not sure how you do this. All I have is a male 3.5 audio wire in my cubby. Where are you plugging this in?

Okay....looks like the plug is a male to male adapter for car audio Aux inputs.
The actual device "seems" to have a female 3.5mm output jack to accommodate the bi-male plug if I'm reading the pictures correctly.
So, it "should" accommodate the 3.5mm male in the cubby with ease.