PDA

View Full Version : ID in case of crash?

zeus661
03-30-2019, 10:04 AM
I do a lot of solo riding and I do have a card in my wallet with contact info in case I am dead or unable to communicate. I have been wondering about getting an ID bracelet or something like dog tags in addition to the card in my wallet. This even got me to thinking about when I do ride with someone they usually have MY contact info but not that of my wife and or family. There is a company named Road ID and a few others out there. What do others do? Looking for ideas, suggestions, experiences. Thanks

Rickc
03-30-2019, 10:53 AM
Bad news travels fast and they will track down the family thru my cell phone, plate number or information in my wallet.

motornerd
03-30-2019, 12:21 PM
Lots of options here.

https://www.bing.com/aclk?ld=e3eGAOppLdOsRFpqJlOQwOIjVUCUziaT9XUp7Og1YU J-3mX_oH7Q0DjupzX5Ud0vXH6DrNxLgcvglo39UPzI6aIlGoMF6D 09-Sk4zfpTGUcDXyAayyeldA_ImCIvHR92OQq5rqShgMY2YYwKlXw UUnNFyOo8t_8U3dtdYOkR6p0OjQx-MS&u=aHR0cCUzYSUyZiUyZnd3dy5hbWF6b24uY29tJTJmcyUyZiUz ZmllJTNkVVRGOCUyNmtleXdvcmRzJTNkZW5ncmF2ZWQlMmJtZW RpY2FsJTJiaWQlMmJ0YWclMjZ0YWclM2RtaDBiLTIwJTI2aW5k ZXglM2RhcHMlMjZodmFkaWQlM2Q3ODA2NTM5MjQ1Mzc2NSUyNm h2cW10JTNkYiUyNmh2Ym10JTNkYmIlMjZodmRldiUzZHQlMjZy ZWYlM2RwZF9zbF82d2tobzF3ajdiX2I&rlid=68c63727b0fc19cdfd1d6bb815cfd1e4

olegoat345
03-30-2019, 02:04 PM
Out there in the WWW, someone is selling a thumb drive programed for you to store all your medical info on and wear it around your neck, wrist or wherever. Seems like it's marked with some sort of medical logo. The EMT's can plug it in their laptop & know everything about you, then hand to the folks in the ER.

broncsrule21
03-30-2019, 04:43 PM
Great idea! I do %97.7354 of my riding alone. It would be great if they don't have to do much research when they find me at the bottom of a canyon or splattered on a cagers bumper.

wjduke
03-30-2019, 05:28 PM
Honestly, I've been in two crashes which resulted in hospital visits via ambulance. I don't know if the hospital called anyone either time. (I went to the same one both times) I know I made calls on the first one, but my friends went looking for me the second time since I didn't show for the ride. My phone was in the bike and as we all know, no one knows numbers anymore. I suppose if it was a DOA, things would have been different. They'd find out who to call, between phones and ID's. I wouldn't worry too much about extra stuff....my opinion.

53driver
03-30-2019, 07:54 PM
When I ride alone, I have an "eye in the sky" monitoring me on Glympse.
If my signal is "too long in one place" that sets off a pre-briefed chain of events.

CNC Nut
03-30-2019, 09:20 PM
We (people I ride with) all have the person we want called, with their phone number, listed in our Favorites under ICE. This is In Case of Emergency. This was suggested to us by my daughter-in-law who is a nurse. When the hospital or police are looking through your phone to call someone on your behalf it isnt always clear to them who they should call. All they see are a list of names. ICE tells them who you want them to call.

Heatnbeat
03-30-2019, 10:16 PM
When I was racing my name, contact, and known allergies were painted on the back bottom edge of my helmet

zeus661
03-31-2019, 07:56 AM
How can they get into my phone if it is locked and they don’t know the passcode?

wjduke
03-31-2019, 09:34 AM
I'm using this thread, fitting or not, sorry... we had a fatality yesterday at 5pm. 25 year old and identity not revealed yet. Season is just getting off the ground here. People don't see us. Be careful out there. This was a solo accident, highway on ramp. Maybe a high performance bike, don't know details.

tenxxx
03-31-2019, 10:05 AM
Was riding Fl last week. Drove down from Ohio to visit a friend in Jacksonville. Hauled the B in a enclosed trailer.
For those of you who live there, I guess your used to it. And you will tell me how nice it is to ride year around.
You can have it. I know traffic is bad everywhere, but I'm done with FL.
Cant see driving all that way just to fight with 70 to 80 mph nut jobs.
Getting old I guess.
After the first day I got all my info together in one pocket, and put all my protective gear on.

Draxsr
03-31-2019, 10:49 AM
How can they get into my phone if it is locked and they don’t know the passcode?

Great question, and the answer is "they won't". Unless your State/Local LEO's have loads of cash to spare, dumping your phone is magical movie stuff that they simply can't do. I have the equipment, and still need PINs/Passwords unless you mind waiting weeks for a cracker to hack through the password (assuming it's not last on a pile needed for drug/murder cases). Also, I don't know of any on-site EMT that will grab a USB thumb drive off of a victim and plug it into any work computer (that's how virus's are spread, ask the Iranians how they know).

A laminated card somewhere on your person, or attached to your gear (AeroStitch and others make gizmos for this sort of thing) works, as does a simple set of dog tags (working for your DOD since, well, forever).

My 2 cents, YMMV.

53driver
03-31-2019, 04:26 PM

On Android phones, on the screen where you enter your PIN, the word "Emergency" is located on the bottom of the screen.
Tap the word Emergency, a phone pad appears, with the words "Emergency Information" on a bar at the top.
Press that bar (2x) and your preloaded information appears. No PIN gets compromised.

03-31-2019, 06:05 PM
Dog Tags work...
Still have my original tags from WAY back in the 70's, and the spare F6B key...

shortleg0521
03-31-2019, 09:39 PM
I ware a water proof container around my neck with
Drivers license, registration and who to contact.

Pauls.Ride
04-04-2019, 08:25 PM
I do a lot of solo riding and I do have a card in my wallet with contact info in case I am dead or unable to communicate. I have been wondering about getting an ID bracelet or something like dog tags in addition to the card in my wallet. This even got me to thinking about when I do ride with someone they usually have MY contact info but not that of my wife and or family. There is a company named Road ID and a few others out there. What do others do? Looking for ideas, suggestions, experiences. Thanks

I wear a Road ID bracelet and pay $10 a year so any emergency personnel can get all my medical history from them...it also has my wife's phone number on it.