PDA

View Full Version : Wingding 2019 - nashville

buzzard53
04-02-2019, 02:16 PM
I had some fellow Goldwing riders convince me to join them in late Aug. to ride and attend the 2019 Wingding in Nashville.
First time participating in a GW event and first time visiting Nashville. Looking forward to a good time and a safe ride there and back.
Approx. 440mi straight shot from Greensboro, NC via Hwy 40.

I anyone else attending?

Be good

K Gee

stepbill
04-03-2019, 07:34 PM
I went to last years in Knoxville, TN, and was not overly impressed. I was glad to get to go to one and check out all of the vendors but that crowd was not for me, and I'm 63.

buzzard53
04-05-2019, 09:32 AM
stepbill,
Thanks for sharing.
We'll see how things go during this first rally before attending again.
Nashville has a lot of entertainment choices outside of the scheduled activities.

K Gee

The Horse
04-29-2019, 03:36 PM
I have been thinking about attending. I'm in Gold Hill, NC so I'd ride to Statesville and then ride 40 out to Nashville. I've never been to a bike rally, I wonder if its a good time? There is some pretty riding in Tennessee.

f6bcarider
04-29-2019, 04:15 PM
If you decide to go. Enjoy the ride, there will be like minded people from allover the country. just remember they like to ride. Where can you find in one place every accessory made for our bikes :)

buzzard53
05-02-2019, 10:56 AM
Horse,

If you decide to go send me a PM.
My group hasn't finalized travel plans so there' a chance you could meet with us to ride in.
I do know we're heading out Tuesday the 27th coming back Saturday the 31st.

KGee

stepbill
05-03-2019, 07:24 PM
Horse,

If you decide to go send me a PM.
My group hasn't finalized travel plans so there' a chance you could meet with us to ride in.
I do know we're heading out Tuesday the 27th coming back Saturday the 31st.

KGee

Buzzard, where do you live in NC?

buzzard53
05-06-2019, 01:07 PM
I live in High Point.
Our group will be leaving some where from the Greensboro/High Point area early on Tuesday Aug. 27th.
Right now the plan is to go Hwy 40 straight west to Nashville in a single day.

Xrider57
08-06-2019, 11:37 PM
I had some fellow Goldwing riders convince me to join them in late Aug. to ride and attend the 2019 Wingding in Nashville.
First time participating in a GW event and first time visiting Nashville. Looking forward to a good time and a safe ride there and back.
Approx. 440mi straight shot from Greensboro, NC via Hwy 40.

I anyone else attending?

Be good

K Gee

I live just south on Nashville in Franklin. I may go one day and check it out. I don’t understand why they have them inside cities where traffic is so bad.

buzzard53
09-03-2019, 06:37 AM
Just got back from Wingding.
Probably one and done for this event. Downtown Nashville was a lot of fun, great entertainment at every club.
Putting the event inside a major city certainly discourages getting out and riding. Way too much traffic!
They did have a good selection of vendors on hand.
I was one of the younger attendees at 66.

Coondawg07
09-03-2019, 09:12 PM
I live about 90-100 miles from Nashville, but had no interest in attending. I’m only about 30 so I would have been a baby if you were one of the younger attendees. I have ridden in Nashville traffic and have no desire to do so again. I’m glad your report was able to confirm my lack of desire.

Verismo
09-03-2019, 09:32 PM
I live about 90-100 miles from Nashville, but had no interest in attending. I’m only about 30 so I would have been a baby if you were one of the younger attendees. I have ridden in Nashville traffic and have no desire to do again. I’m glad your report was able to confirm my lack of desire.

Hey Coondawg07, I'm 42 and I experienced the same phenomena at my first Wingding a couple of years ago. However, kudos to you for having good tastes in bikes early in your life. I'm a fan of anything on 2 wheels but I've owned some version of the horizontally opposed Honda since my mid 20's and loved them all, and they've also never let me down.

Jason