PDA

View Full Version : F6B VS New Golding DCT in a race

RuneRider66
04-22-2019, 09:27 AM
Does anyone have any real time experience with the F6B and the 2018 Honda Goldwing DCT as in direct head to head performance or racing each other? I know the F6B has more HP and Torque but it's also heavier and the DCT transmission on the new wing makes shifting absolutely critical on the F6B during a race.

Any fist hand knowlede?

F6Dave
04-22-2019, 09:43 AM
I thought I read that the new 1833 cc engine made slightly more power than our 1832 cc versions. It should with the 4 valve heads. With better breathing I have to wonder why Honda didn't tune the new engine to be more competitive with the K1600.

With similar power, lighter weight, and 2 more gears the new Wing should outrun an F6B, but I haven't seen any comparisons.

RuneRider66
04-22-2019, 10:02 AM
I read 97 HP and 108 ft lbs of torque for 2018 model. Its also speed limited to 112 mph. As far as I understand. Am I wrong?

F6Dave
04-22-2019, 10:11 AM
I saw a HP/Torque graph comparing the 2 engines, and the 1833 was slightly higher throughout the rev range. I can't remember where I saw it, but it was over a year ago when the new bike just hit the showrooms.

As for the limiter, I've read that too. I'm amazed that Honda set it so low. I think the K1600 has a limit on the LT model, but the GT has a higher limit or none at all.

F6Dave
04-22-2019, 10:58 AM
This may be where I saw the power comparison. It's an article on Motorcycle.com that claims the new engine beats the old one. They included a chart, and it looks to me like the engines are pretty close except at the top end.

https://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/honda/first-look-2018-honda-gold-wing-and-gold-wing-tour.html

Joflewbyu2
04-22-2019, 01:57 PM
Honda claims 118 hp for F6B and 125 hp for the new bike. Torque if I recall correctly was 123 vs 125.

Verismo
04-22-2019, 03:04 PM
I test rode the new DCT alongside a full wing. I walked away from it at will, no matter how hard he tried to keep up. I didn't get up to the speed limiter, so I'm assuming that would eventually meter out over distance. I don't see any way a B could keep up shifting through the gears.

Jason

VStarRider
04-22-2019, 06:24 PM
I test rode the new DCT alongside a full wing. I walked away from it at will, no matter how hard he tried to keep up. I didn't get up to the speed limiter, so I'm assuming that would eventually meter out over distance. I don't see any way a B could keep up shifting through the gears.

Jason

This is the outcome I would expect. Slightly more power and a lot less weight ... plus more gears in the manual and DCT gearbox allows the 1833 to stay closer to the peak power range.

Travelor
04-22-2019, 07:14 PM
I saw a HP/Torque graph comparing the 2 engines, and the 1833 was slightly higher throughout the rev range. I can't remember where I saw it, but it was over a year ago when the new bike just hit the showrooms.

As for the limiter, I've read that too. I'm amazed that Honda set it so low. I think the K1600 has a limit on the LT model, but the GT has a higher limit or none at all.

Only the K1600 Grand America (bagger with the top case) is speed limited. Top end on the GTL and GT is over 130.

Verismo
04-22-2019, 10:07 PM
This is the outcome I would expect. Slightly more power and a lot less weight ... plus more gears in the manual and DCT gearbox allows the 1833 to stay closer to the peak power range.

All true, Vstar. Not to mention, if you've never ridden or driven with a dct, it's entirely different than a torque converter. There is no discernible drop in torque as it grabs the next gear, which, like abs, is so much faster than a human can do manually. So by the time the Wing was into a shift, the DCT was already halfway through to the next gear up, and so on.

Jason

jm21ddd15
04-23-2019, 04:59 AM

Off mother Hondas web site, the F6B weighs 844 lbs wet, and the 2 versions of the NEW Wing weigh 835 and 804 lbs wet. Not what I would call a "lot less weight". 40 lbs for one model, and 9 lbs for the other. Not even half as much as having a passenger on back.

VStarRider
04-23-2019, 05:44 AM
Off mother Hondas web site, the F6B weighs 844 lbs wet, and the 2 versions of the NEW Wing weigh 835 and 804 lbs wet. Not what I would call a "lot less weight". 40 lbs for one model, and 9 lbs for the other. Not even half as much as having a passenger on back.

I was referring to this part of the quote: test rode the new DCT alongside a full wing. I walked away from it at will, no matter how hard he tried to keep up.

Previous generation full Wing weighs 900+? Regardless, I would put my money on a DCT Wing Tour over my 2013 F6B in a 0-100 mph race.

soupbean
04-23-2019, 05:56 AM
Ultimate horsepower and torque figures can be so deceiving as a performance perspective.
There are so many variables involved as far as performance and felt horsepower and torque.
Transmission; Gearing itself, gear spacing, overall efficiency, number of gears.
Engine ; Peak horsepower and torque, maintained horsepower and torque, ramp up and drop off of horsepower and
torque values in relation to each other.
Bike design ; Mass, weight, shape and general design.

Other factors involved also. Having experience with Honda’s DCT motorcycle transmission, I’m going to go out on a limb..
No, I’m going to guarantee with the title to my F6B that if you put a new Goldwing with the DCT up against a F6B, the new Wing would completely obliterate the guy on the “B” all the way to the 112 mph limiter...

jmdaniel
04-23-2019, 07:29 AM
No, I’m going to guarantee with the title to my F6B that if you put a new Goldwing with the DCT up against a F6B, the new Wing would completely obliterate the guy on the “B” all the way to the 112 mph limiter...

Who has ever said, "let's race until my rev limiter comes on"? I'm not disagreeing with your point, but I stopped going to NHRA events when they did away with the quarter mile. Some things just need to not be messed with...

F6Dave
04-23-2019, 08:16 AM
Only the K1600 Grand America (bagger with the top case) is speed limited. Top end on the GTL and GT is over 130.

I had my letters wrong. I meant the GTL, not LT. I think BMW has a policy to limit speed on any bike with a top case, which the GTL has. OTOH, BMW's limits are much higher than Honda's. I've read that the GTL is limited to 136 MPH. That seems high enough for me, but there's still plenty of info on the web about removing the GTL's limiter.

jm21ddd15
04-23-2019, 10:21 AM
Ultimate horsepower and torque figures can be so deceiving as a performance perspective.
There are so many variables involved as far as performance and felt horsepower and torque.
Transmission; Gearing itself, gear spacing, overall efficiency, number of gears.
Engine ; Peak horsepower and torque, maintained horsepower and torque, ramp up and drop off of horsepower and
torque values in relation to each other.
Bike design ; Mass, weight, shape and general design.

Other factors involved also. Having experience with Honda’s DCT motorcycle transmission, I’m going to go out on a limb..
I agree with you that the new Wing will accelerate faster. And it was dumb for Honda to put the rev limiter so low. I just mentioned that the weight difference was not so much. I also didn't buy the F6 to race. It still beats most Harleys. I got a Yamaha fz-09, if I feel like going faster.

opas ride
04-23-2019, 02:57 PM
I agree with you that the new Wing will accelerate faster. And it was dumb for Honda to put the rev limiter so low. I just mentioned that the weight difference was not so much. I also didn't buy the F6 to race. It still beats most Harleys. I got a Yamaha fz-09, if I feel like going faster.

I agree with you about going faster..Lots of other bikes will out accelerate the F6B, but for overall comfort and what I ride it for, it is hard to beat....And as said, as long as I have fun smoking HD'S..I'm good to go!!...Regards

tenxxx
04-23-2019, 05:49 PM
I agree with you about going faster..Lots of other bikes will out accelerate the F6B, but for overall comfort and what I ride it for, it is hard to beat....And as said, as long as I have fun smoking HD'S..I'm good to go!!...Regards
That is fun!

deacon
04-23-2019, 08:43 PM
That is fun!

I have a 2013 F6b and a 2018 DCT Airbag,nobody can change gears as fast or as smooth as the DCT.

DarkKnt
04-24-2019, 12:34 PM
Several sources quote 0 - 60 times for the F6B as quicker than the DCT Tour. I would bet the F6B launches harder. Haven't seen a direct comparison to the 6 speed manual Tour, which intuitively should be quicker than both.

Joflewbyu2
04-24-2019, 01:14 PM
It probably comes down to rider against rider. The difference in weight is minimal - 787 to 842 manual to F6B or 800 to 842 DCT to F6B. And remember there is a 7 lb difference between the fuel tank capacity 5.5 gal vs 6.6 gal. So 48 lbs manual to F6B or 35 lbs DCT to F6B. Plus there is more rotational drag on the new wing from a larger tire that weighs more. Dyno # are coming out a tad less on the new model than the F6Bs. Either way the are both quick and if your concern is which is quicker than you are looking at the wrong bike. Love my F6B, but once they straighten out the front end design issues I might consider getting one.

Verismo
04-24-2019, 03:14 PM
It probably comes down to rider against rider.

I'd bet money against this, at least up to the speed limiter of the new wing. Even if the engines were identical in output, there's no outshifting that DCT. The rider might matter on a 2018 manual, though. That would be an interesting race, and might come closer to highlighting the power differences. Although to be honest, I'm only interested out of slight curiosity. Who doesn't enjoy a good drag race. But like most of you, I absolutely love my B, and definitely didn't buy it to ride a quarter mile at a time, lol.

Jason

F6Dave
04-24-2019, 03:40 PM
Same here. If I'd wanted a really fast touring machine I would have brought a K1600. I rode one and liked it, but the maintenance and reliability scared me away.

Joflewbyu2
04-24-2019, 04:45 PM
Those who think the DCT is quicker than the F6B probably have never launched their F6B with the front wheel off the ground before. Sure the DCT shifts are quicker but the computer also reduces power between the shifts. I am still weary of the front end tie rod links though.

opas ride
04-24-2019, 05:19 PM
I kind of like the DCT version, but my F6B is quick enough for this old guy and can beat most bikes of its type in a race as is...The newer generation bikes are great, but way too expensive for what you get compared to my old 2013 model....I kinda like shifting anyway and I don't owe anybody any money for bikes....Perhaps one of the bike rags will soon do a road test and we all can get a better picture of what they do in the 1/4 mile...Regards

53driver
04-24-2019, 05:44 PM
Those who think the DCT is quicker than the F6B probably have never launched their F6B with the front wheel off the ground before. Sure the DCT shifts are quicker but the computer also reduces power between the shifts. I am still wary of the front end tie rod links though.

Yeah - there's some non-German engineering going on there...lol

DarkKnt
04-25-2019, 12:03 AM
I'd bet money against this, at least up to the speed limiter of the new wing. Even if the engines were identical in output, there's no outshifting that DCT. The rider might matter on a 2018 manual, though. That would be an interesting race, and might come closer to highlighting the power differences. Although to be honest, I'm only interested out of slight curiosity. Who doesn't enjoy a good drag race. But like most of you, I absolutely love my B, and definitely didn't buy it to ride a quarter mile at a time, lol.

Jason

With a 0 - 60 time there is only one shift involved. Whats more important is how the bike launches. Our bikes are very easy to launch hard. You can dump the clutch with a mitt full of throttle, not worry too much about lofting the wheel, and get the rear hooked up very nicely. I don't think the DCT allows that, and would pay the price in the first 100 feet. Somebody get out there and defend our honour!!! If given the chance, I'll report back....

Verismo
04-25-2019, 05:37 AM
With a 0 - 60 time there is only one shift involved. Whats more important is how the bike launches. Our bikes are very easy to launch hard. You can dump the clutch with a mitt full of throttle, not worry too much about lofting the wheel, and get the rear hooked up very nicely. I don't think the DCT allows that, and would pay the price in the first 100 feet. Somebody get out there and defend our honour!!! If given the chance, I'll report back....

Lol, I honestly hope you're right. It's kind of a win, win, from my perspective. If the B loses, it bodes well for the new Wing, which I happen to really like, and if it wins, our eventual resale value goes up. But as far as honor? Lol, if mine were tied to a quarter mile I wouldn't have bought a B. Lots of options out there for that. For me, the B does just about everything I could ever ask of it so beautifully that I just can't bring myself to care what out-accelerates it. But to each their own. I look forward to watching the run.

Jason

DaWadd
04-25-2019, 08:54 AM
Mine goes fast enough, no need for racing.hiding.under.chair

DarkKnt
04-25-2019, 10:27 AM
Mine goes fast enough, no need for racing.hiding.under.chair

I'm a juvenile wrapped up in an old man's body. Bikes are like sail boats. One guy on a lake and it's a cruise. Two guys on a lake and at least one of them is racing....

F6Dave
04-26-2019, 08:09 AM
A motorcycle that seems fast today may not feel as fast a few years from now. I remember when the original Valkyrie first hit showrooms in 1996. The 1520 cc engine seemed enormous, and the Valk could outrun any cruiser of the day. When the Honda introduced the GL1800 in late 2000, reviews raved about how it handled, accelerated, and braked as well as many sport bikes. It was the king of touring, until the K1600 came along.

Nearly all of today's vehicles have impressive performance. Family sedans can turn faster lap times than serious sports cars from a few decades ago. Even Ford's F150 with the 3.5 EcoBoost will out-accelerate some motorcycles. These are very good times for those of us who like motorcycles and other vehicles. Let's hope they don't all get banned by some overzealous green legislation, leaving us to look back on today as a golden age.

98valk
04-26-2019, 02:59 PM
I'm no expert on racing. But, when shifting hard, I typically lurch forward when shifting into the next gear. That lurch may help compensate for the time it takes to shift. I have read that some don't even let off of the throttle during a shift.

The DCT on the other hand is very smooth. No extra lurch forward. So, I would think it is a trade off and we are splitting hairs.

With that said, the new bike being lighter with very similar power has to have an advantage.

Sorcerer
04-26-2019, 03:37 PM
It’ll be the 1833 until 112 mph. The 1833 will not be insight of the 1832 at 125 mph. 1/8or 1/4 mile the 1833 will have it won. Out on the open road the 1833 will be taking a coffee break at a 112.

VStarRider
04-26-2019, 04:43 PM
A motorcycle that seems fast today may not feel as fast a few years from now. I remember when the original Valkyrie first hit showrooms in 1996. The 1520 cc engine seemed enormous, and the Valk could outrun any cruiser of the day. When the Honda introduced the GL1800 in late 2000, reviews raved about how it handled, accelerated, and braked as well as many sport bikes. It was the king of touring, until the K1600 came along.

Nearly all of today's vehicles have impressive performance. Family sedans can turn faster lap times than serious sports cars from a few decades ago. Even Ford's F150 with the 3.5 EcoBoost will out-accelerate some motorcycles. These are very good times for those of us who like motorcycles and other vehicles. Let's hope they don't all get banned by some overzealous green legislation, leaving us to look back on today as a golden age.

So true. I remember seeing car ads from the 80s with manufacturers bragging about the acceleration of one of their sports cars or souped-up models. I think I saw a Camaro ad with the 5.0 HO V8 that ran 0-60 in 9 seconds. My wife's Kia Sorento would be car lengths ahead of that Camaro in a 1/4 mile run.

tenxxx
04-27-2019, 08:08 AM
Automatics do not always beat manual shift. Depends on the rider. And yes, a good rider can shift as fast as an automatic.
There is a transition time between gears on both.
I for one, won't believe anything till I see a side by side race, with the riders switching bikes.
I cant see the auto doing as good a hole shot as the creeper first gear in the manual shift.
For what its worth,,,, My 2 cants.

Cooter
04-27-2019, 09:04 AM
I thought I read that the new 1833 cc engine made slightly more power than our 1832 cc versions. It should with the 4 valve heads. With better breathing I have to wonder why Honda didn't tune the new engine to be more competitive with the K1600.

With similar power, lighter weight, and 2 more gears the new Wing should outrun an F6B, but I haven't seen any comparisons.

I wouldn't bet my paycheck on that.

Cooter
04-27-2019, 09:07 AM
No first hand knowledge yet but I'm trying. I think the B will handle the 1833 just fine.

53driver
04-30-2019, 11:58 AM
I've ridden the DCT twice now.
Of the 4 modes, anything besides Sport is just silly.

One important thing to remember, and this is pure physics:
The DCT is just that - TWO clutches.
Are two quicker than one? Yes, there is a milli-second between when Clutch 1 transfers duties to Clutch 2, but that's it. Literally a fraction of a second with no loss of power to the rear wheel
I'm really good at shifting Isleen very quickly, but I'm not sure I can shift as fast I witnessed on a DCT.
Where the F6B will succeed, IMHO, is that the DCT, even in sport mode, didn't wind up to the rev limiter in 1st & 2d gears as fast as the F6B. Computer controlled I suppose.
SO yes, two riders, then switching bikes.

I'm waiting.......

F6Dave
04-30-2019, 01:12 PM

Are two quicker than one? Yes, there is a milli-second between when Clutch 1 transfers duties to Clutch 2, but that's it. Literally a fraction of a second with no loss of power to the rear wheel
I'm really good at shifting Isleen very quickly, but I'm not sure I can shift as fast I witnessed on a DCT.
Where the F6B will succeed, IMHO, is that the DCT, even in sport mode, didn't wind up to the rev limiter in 1st & 2d gears as fast as the F6B. Computer controlled I suppose.

I'm waiting.......

Is there a manual mode? If so, you could probably hold it in gear a bit longer. From the HP charts I've seen, the 4 valve 1833 has a significant power advantage over the 1832 at higher revs, so manually shifting could take advantage of that.

I'm not sure everyone realizes how much a dual clutch transmission differs from a typical auto with planetary gears and a torque converter. The DCT is really more like a pair of manual gearboxes, one with even and the other with odd numbered gears. The clutches let the engine swap between the two trannys, with the next ratio pre-selected by the computer. There's none of the power loss of a typical 'slush-box', and the shifts are essentially instantaneous. The design's been around for decades, but never saw widespread use until Formula One cars starting using it.

Cooter
04-30-2019, 01:22 PM

I'm waiting.......

You go buy one or borrow one 53 and I'll meet you halfway between Ohio and Florida.

Cooter
04-30-2019, 01:27 PM
The biggest difference will be from rider to rider. You will never know when a good clutch man shifts the B. It's just that fast. Barely discernable to the ear. The throttle is only blipped and the clutch isn't pulled all the way. The shift like that is as smooth as butter.

53driver
04-30-2019, 01:39 PM
You go buy one or borrow one 53 and I'll meet you halfway between Ohio and Florida.

I'll need a few thousand miles to get "comfortable" on her, but if the "Office of Management & Budget" ever approves a new Wing, I'll be there!
Cheers,
Steve

Alberta Beagle
05-01-2019, 03:34 PM
As a guy who has owned a 2013 and 2016 F6B, a 2018 Goldwing Standard 6 speed and now a 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT I can assure you without a doubt in my mind that the DCT will eat an F6B alive up to top speed.
I don't care if Marc Marquez is riding the F6B. He will finish second. Flame suit on. Facts are facts.

Beagle

DarkKnt
05-01-2019, 03:48 PM
You appear to be the only one commenting here who actually has experience with them all, so thanks for that. Regarding the DCT, if you simply "floor it" from a standstill, will it spin the rear wheel? And I'm not familiar with the traction control Honda uses, but I presume you can turn it off?

Alberta Beagle
05-01-2019, 09:29 PM
With traction control off you will spin the wheel. With traction control on the thing just pulls like an animal. In sport mode the thing will scare the crap out of you if you get on the throttle. My son has a CBR1000RR. First time he came out with me I put it in sport mode and left a light hard and my son was stunned at how fast it launched. But of course in a race he can darn near hit the Wings top speed in first gear.

Beagle

Cooter
05-01-2019, 09:29 PM
MCN reports 2018 Goldwing runs the quarter at 12.86. Cycle world tested the F6B at 11.84. I think that a lot of guys might be faster on a DCT than a manual shift. Unless you've drag raced alot most of the time you can't take advantage of the full potential of the machine. On a manual shift most guys won't watch the tach and shift at redline. They will short shift and lose to a guy that races regularly. They may have the fastest bike but lack in drag racing skills. On a DCT they can realize the bikes potential because the transmission is determining the shift points. No watching the tach needed. According to the sources above , I think that one second differential would be hard to overcome. I believe the F6B would spank that 1833.

P.Sutton
05-02-2019, 07:39 AM
I don’t believe this was my best run of the night. I’d have to look back through my time slips. You can see me float the tire a bit on the launch. Watching my brother walk away on the bmw was frustrating. Years back my dad ran his full wing and couldn’t get it into the 12’s to save his life.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=kEHAyZMkTN4

tenxxx
05-02-2019, 08:51 AM
I don’t believe this was my best run of the night. I’d have to look back through my time slips. You can see me float the tire a bit on the launch. Watching my brother walk away on the bmw was frustrating. Years back my dad ran his full wing and couldn’t get it into the 12’s to save his life.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=kEHAyZMkTN4
That was a good launch!

P.Sutton
05-02-2019, 12:39 PM
That was a good launch!

Thanks! I just hope no one notices I jumped the tree by a few thousandths.......shhhh

The E4’s hook nice. That was a colder day and early on a test and tune night. Not much heat or rubber in the track. I usually line up on just the inside of either rear tire track.

VStarRider
05-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Thanks! I just hope no one notices I jumped the tree by a few thousandths.......shhhh

The E4’s hook nice. That was a colder day and early on a test and tune night. Not much heat or rubber in the track. I usually line up on just the inside of either rear tire track.

Closer than I thought. Was that a K1600?

P.Sutton
05-03-2019, 08:20 AM
No. K1200GT with 140k on the clock. Runs like a top and doesn’t burn oil.

VStarRider
05-03-2019, 05:59 PM
No. K1200GT with 140k on the clock. Runs like a top and doesn’t burn oil.

Aye Carumba!!

Jimamiah
05-08-2019, 05:04 AM
Doing a little homework RuneRider? Don't you worry we will have many opportunities to get side by side.

Jimamiah
05-08-2019, 06:17 AM
The biggest difference will be from rider to rider. You will never know when a good clutch man shifts the B. It's just that fast. Barely discernable to the ear. The throttle is only blipped and the clutch isn't pulled all the way. The shift like that is as smooth as butter.

I took a spell at drag racing cars on the street and track. I also am willing to race anything that pulls up next to me as I drive down the road and I always thought that I was pretty quick at shifting until I bought a DCT. Now I don't watch the tach and try to time the hand foot coordination instead I twist the throttle and go. Maybe it just works with my maturity (old age).

RuneRider66
05-08-2019, 01:23 PM
LOL
Being prepared is always a good thing. Know your enemy right :) I think you know, I am always willing to run! Bring it big Daddy. I would really like to get on a closed circuit and have some video and pictures of our runs. Just having played with you this past weekend I truly believe that it will be close either way. I am thinking a bike to bike and a half length difference....either way.
A long hot summer awaits us. Always looking to play.

Joflewbyu2
05-08-2019, 01:40 PM
I know modified the F6B is much more enjoyable than stock F6B. Torq Loopz, slip ons, and a tune, change the F6B’s character a lot. Not sure what is available for the new GW nor how it would compare to a modified F6B.

P.Sutton
05-09-2019, 07:40 AM
I know modified the F6B is much more enjoyable than stock F6B. Torq Loopz, slip ons, and a tune, change the F6B’s character a lot. Not sure what is available for the new GW nor how it would compare to a modified F6B.

I would love to know how these mods improve the 1/4 mile ET. Any chance you will ever have it at the track? Or possibly on a dyno?

Jimamiah
05-10-2019, 05:07 AM
LOL
Being prepared is always a good thing. Know your enemy right :) I think you know, I am always willing to run! Bring it big Daddy. I would really like to get on a closed circuit and have some video and pictures of our runs. Just having played with you this past weekend I truly believe that it will be close either way. I am thinking a bike to bike and a half length difference....either way.
A long hot summer awaits us. Always looking to play.

ENEMY? lol you know we always have a good time when we get out on the bikes. I don't care how it turns out but here's your sign "PASSNU" ...hehe

VStarRider
05-10-2019, 08:38 AM
ENEMY? lol you know we always have a good time when we get out on the bikes. I don't care how it turns out but here's your sign "PASSNU" ...hehe

I am more interested in what does/does not fit in those saddlebags compared to the old model.

jellybean
05-16-2019, 11:38 PM
The DCT is more powerful than F6B especially when you choose the sport mode

JB

Joflewbyu2
05-16-2019, 11:58 PM
Where are you getting your facts from? If the DCT is anything like Honda’s other DCTs , none of them outperform their manual counterparts. The new GW is rated at 125 hp compared to 118 hp of the F6B and there is only a 35 lb difference wet with same amount of fuel 800 to 842-7 lbs. The new GW also has more hp loss due to heavier rear wheel. Have you got any magazine specs of acceleration times or dyno numbers?

JB

Cooter
05-17-2019, 10:01 AM

JB

Did you not see the published quarter mile times for the two bikes? It's a one second difference. How do you plan on overcoming that?? It's ok to dream but the reality is it's wrong .

Cooter
05-17-2019, 10:05 AM

JB

Read post #46

tenxxx
05-17-2019, 10:45 PM
First gear on my 2013 Black, I'm bouncing off the rev limiter before I can get my foot on the peg. That wheelie messes me up every time.
Second gear pulls as hard as first!
I just cant do multi tasking under those conditions.
The DCT will have to make up some ground against a whole shot like that.
I suppose if I practice enough I could get it right. But I want to enjoy it for the rest of my riding days.
But,, I would love to have the DTC if I had a choice.
I'd be ridin smooth and sittin perty.

RuneRider66
05-18-2019, 06:06 AM

RuneRider66
05-18-2019, 06:07 AM
This essentially tells me it's all in the rider baby

gadgeteer
05-18-2019, 07:25 AM
I am more interested in what does/does not fit in those saddlebags compared to the old model.

Corbin is changing that problem as we speak (type). They have come up with bolt on/color matching saddlebag replacement doors that increase capacity and looks OEM.

They look great in the pics. Have no idea how much they are.

Walcrow
05-18-2019, 07:48 AM
Corbin is changing that problem as we speak (type). They have come up with bolt on/color matching saddlebag replacement doors that increase capacity and looks OEM.

$1,000.00 for the pair...........YIKES!

http://www.corbin.com/honda/h18gwdoor.shtml

DarkKnt
05-18-2019, 10:50 AM
$100 per litre of extra storage.
"Honey, does my ass look fat with these bags?" "No dear, you still look cool like the F6B guys.."

BIGLRY
05-18-2019, 11:12 AM

:icon_rolleyes: Hummmm

jellybean
05-18-2019, 08:30 PM
I own 14 F6B , 16 Goldwing and 18 DCT at the same time and that is what I felt.

Rightnow in my garage are 16 goldwing, 18 DCT and 18 Indian Chieftain Limited.

JB642564266427

jellybean
05-18-2019, 09:02 PM

My full face helmet with Sena s20 fit in saddle bag of the F6B but won't fit in the box of the 18 DCT ...the Sena has to be detached from the helmet .

JB

Joflewbyu2
05-18-2019, 09:08 PM
Nice. What is your thought on the Indian regarding reliability, acceleration and handling compared to the F6B.

jellybean
05-18-2019, 09:30 PM
Nice. What is your thought on the Indian regarding reliability, acceleration and handling compared to the F6B.

I sold the F6B to a friend after 4years ...I miss the smooth and quiet powerful of the F6B.
The DCT is good for work...when you live in big city like Toronto...rush hour traffic is like NY and LA. I use it because parking is free for motocycle in downtown.
The Indian is for noise and attitude...:) this is my first time and year with the Indian. So far so good.

JB

Cali261
02-09-2020, 05:58 PM
King of the Baggers Race, July 2020. Who is ready to represent?

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/397577/king-of-the-baggers-track/

From the comments:

“Reminds of a 1/8 mile drag race I attended where a guy entered on a bagger. Not any bagger but a Boss Hoss. He went through the finish doing big tank slappers and lost it. The bike hit the ground and both saddlebags exploded spilling clothes, tools and at least a six pack of beer. He was fine and more importantly so was the beer”

Mark

Switchmonkey
02-10-2020, 02:38 PM
I took a DCT out for a bit when my F6B was in for a service. I know I can win a race with myself on the DCT any day! But that's not why I own the bike. If I want to race, I'll take the Duc out for a rip. Hands down... Now, the new Rocket III, might be worth a look and trade up that Italian Stallion.

Mudflap
02-10-2020, 06:45 PM
I took a DCT out for a bit when my F6B was in for a service. I know I can win a race with myself on the DCT any day! But that's not why I own the bike. If I want to race, I'll take the Duc out for a rip. Hands down... Now, the new Rocket III, might be worth a look and trade up that Italian Stallion.

I have yet to ride a dct but just watching a you tube clip titled 2019 glowing DCT sound (Raw on Board) has me convinced. I have read that it shifts according to how you are riding. I think this video shows that. I didn't see him shifting manually so I think thats true. Me being an old man, riding like that is in the past. Check it out, I have watched it a few times.