PDA

View Full Version : FLAG MOUNT? Any ideas?

KenSk8Man
11-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Anyone find or devise a flag mount other than a hitch?

bobbyf6b
11-28-2013, 11:09 PM
I tried replacing the antenna with a steel one but I was afraid it was going to damage the mount on the bike. I just got a small flag to try on the stock antenna. Other than that I'm thinking about mounting a flagpole to the rear rack. A small one. Another idea I have in my head is to make a mount that would bolt to the saddlebag crash bar. Like a plate with some u-bolts or something. That should be able to hold a full size flag. I don't have the proper equipment to make one or I already would have. Maybe I'll figure something out. If you do let us know.

KenSk8Man
11-28-2013, 11:57 PM
I was thinking along those lines. Between the passenger back rest and the luggage rack, it should be easy enough to fabricate a mount. Other options rear crash bar, maybe something frame mounted.

Steve 0080
11-28-2013, 11:58 PM
No... the trailer hitch is the best and strongest ideal and plently of after market items for it....

Memphian
11-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Kury makes a staff that attaches to the lic plate.

NCF6B
12-04-2013, 06:35 AM
Riding with the Patriot Guard I am dealing with the same issue on flag mounts. I am thinking of adding 2 small aluminum poles to my luggage rack by putting a screw through the rack from the bottom and into the flag pole base. An alternative is to use the poles from Rumbling Pride that mount with double face 3 m tape. I've had mixed luck with them. On my ST1300 I mounted them with a small screw from the underside of the rear panel and it worked very well. Just a few thoughts to consider.
NCF6B

4DI2D
12-04-2013, 12:13 PM
I just LOVE the $340 for Kury's hitch receiver so you can put a flag on your F6B.

I run twin mounts on the saddlebag guards (3X5 on a six foot pole) with no problems. Quick change install/removal.
Pics coming.

F6B-RICH
12-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Saw a guy at a local bike night use a boat clamp style flag holder with flag.Boats clamp them to the front rails going around the front of the boat.He had it attached/clamped to the side rear crash bar/saddlebag guards.Was not a F6B but it will work as most boat clamps are adjustable for different size rails.West Marine.com or a local boat supply store should have them.

4DI2D
12-04-2013, 12:32 PM

The base tubing is 2X1X.120 wall mild steel, the pipe is 1 inch inside diameter (holds wooden poles nice and snug).

The steel rod is necessary to offset the camber of the end of the guard.

A couple of hours and they were done except for paint on the bottom of the mount (the pipe is thick wall stainless).

4DI2D
12-04-2013, 12:38 PM
P.S.

The two screws can be loosened and the mount turned sideways to install/remove.

The road test at 70-75 showed no adverse effects (flags were covered with vinyl sleeves).

bobbyf6b
12-04-2013, 11:55 PM
P.S.

The two screws can be loosened and the mount turned sideways to install/remove.

The road test at 70-75 showed no adverse effects (flags were covered with vinyl sleeves).

Very cool. Thanks for the pics!

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-05-2013, 12:07 AM
I have used the sissy bar style on a my bikes. Simple, not fancy or cheap, but effective. Depends how creative you are in finding a place to mount it. They zip tie mount and the flag and pole(1 unit) screw into the mount.
Cost effective - great quality flags as well.
I will see if one will fit on the F6's passenger sissy bar.

I'm no spokes model

http://store.sspflags.com/vehicle-flag-poles/

Jim

MSGT-R
12-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Whatever you decide, make sure the bottom of any flag does not "flap" against the paint job. Consider getting that clear film to apply in the area if it does or you'll be sorry. I had a heck of a time polishing out my husband's 2005 wing after a small antenna flag beat it to death.

4DI2D
12-05-2013, 12:28 PM
I have used the sissy bar style on a my bikes. Simple, not fancy or cheap, but effective. Depends how creative you are in finding a place to mount it. They zip tie mount and the flag and pole(1 unit) screw into the mount.
Cost effective - great quality flags as well.
I will see if one will fit on the F6's passenger sissy bar.

I'm no spokes model

http://store.sspflags.com/vehicle-flag-poles/

Jim

These appear to be the smaller (6x9 inch) flags that people have for daily use.
I needed a way to fly 3 X 5 foot flags for Honors/Parade use. This calls for a FLAG MOUNT!!!!

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-05-2013, 10:01 PM
These appear to be the smaller (6x9 inch) flags that people have for daily use.
I needed a way to fly 3 X 5 foot flags for Honors/Parade use. This calls for a FLAG MOUNT!!!!

My bad for speed reading through the thread and firing off a reply.. Sorry

4DI2D
12-06-2013, 08:51 PM
No harm, no foul.
It has happened to everyone on every forum sooner or later.:icon_lol: