PDA

View Full Version : Handle bar risers

bobo
05-24-2019, 06:21 AM
Looking for handle bar comfort risers for honda goldwings. Are they still available. Thanks in advance for your help.

DaWadd
05-24-2019, 10:04 AM
If you're interested in a used set I have a set I used on my bike for 2 years.

OlyF6B
05-24-2019, 06:23 PM
Interested inthe used risers. What was the lift and reach changes from OEM setup?

bobo
05-25-2019, 06:26 AM
If you're interested in a used set I have a set I used on my bike for 2 years.

what are you asking for the set plus shipping to timmins postal code p4p1g9 tks im interested.

Steve 0080
05-25-2019, 06:44 AM
These are the ones I use unless you really need to move the bars more. There are two others also...

http://wingstuff.com/products/1878-handlebar-riser-shims?context=handlebar_accessories-f6b

DaWadd
05-25-2019, 09:20 AM
BoBo ,PM sent.

bobo
05-26-2019, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the replys made a smooth deal with dawadd. Great forum.

RickW
05-26-2019, 09:09 PM
Looking for handle bar comfort risers for honda goldwings. Are they still available. Thanks in advance for your help.

These are the most popular for us.

MBL Comfort Ride Handlebar Risers, Honda GL 1800 Gold Wing 01-17 & F6B
http://store.valueaccessories.net/MBLComfortRideHandlebarRisersGL1800GoldWingandF6B. aspx

P.Sutton
05-30-2019, 06:49 AM
These are the most popular for us.

MBL Comfort Ride Handlebar Risers, Honda GL 1800 Gold Wing 01-17 & F6B
http://store.valueaccessories.net/MBLComfortRideHandlebarRisersGL1800GoldWingandF6B. aspx

The wide version of these are what I use. Combined with an ultimate mid-rider I have all day comfort. I am 5’7”.

PapaJT
05-30-2019, 06:21 PM
If anyone suffers from this = I have a 2013 F6B. On that and every bike before it, my right hand would get pained, then numb before ten miles out from the house.
Braking and steering when you can't feel anything is awfully exciting!
Took a chance and got the MBL risers - normal, not the wide angle ones... and WOW.
So far the farthest out this spring has been about 60 miles each way, and not one bit of pain or numbness... it's a first for me. They are worth every penny.

tenxxx
05-31-2019, 07:22 AM
When I first sat on my 13B it felt like I was reaching out to give it a big hug.
Felt like my old Harley bars. Had to think about it till I rode it.
After the ride, I knew I could upgrade the bars. The rest is history.
The MLB with a shorter reach did the trick.

bobo
06-01-2019, 06:24 AM
Installed the risers on my f6b and what a difference, no more reaching for the bars and with the ultimate mid riser seat with backrest all day ride is a joy.

MisterB
10-02-2019, 11:11 PM
These are the ones I use unless you really need to move the bars more. There are two others also...

http://wingstuff.com/products/1878-handlebar-riser-shims?context=handlebar_accessories-f6b

Initially I thought "$30+ for a couple pieces of aluminum?!".
Eventually I got some but held off on installation.
Job moved 52 miles away, one day later I installed them.
What a difference those 2 little pieces of aluminum make!
I'd love to get the expensive option but these are good enough for me, thank you so much for linking and suggesting them.

My previous bike was an ST1300 and it would make my right hand just numb and sore. The B was much better but something about the riding position wasn't working for me. Better than the ST1300 but still a little bother. 1-1/2" really makes a difference.

If anyone is thinking about installing these here's something that's been mentioned and I'll reiterate: some adhesive or thin 2-sided layout tape will be required to keep the white spacers attached to the black cover.
Sticking the shims in place wouldn't hurt either.
The 14MM screws are a cross-thread waiting to happen, be sure to get them started a few turns with your fingers before putting a wrench to them.
With the speaker grills removed might as well clean out the dead bug parts that collect in there.

Thanks to ALL the contributors here, was looking at all the little comfort and ease of use mods I've learned about on this site, my B is pretty dialed in!