PDA

View Full Version : Went back to MC tire. Dunlop winter tire wore out faster than expected

Broken Hand
06-10-2019, 02:00 AM
After 11k miles, I noticed my Dunlop Winter Sport RunOnFlat had center wear, probably 2-3k of life left, but my front Elite 3 needed replaced. I had kept it at 41-43psi. I switched to the Bridgestones G704/709. I know, new shoes, but the flickability of MC tires are better. I’m glad I tried out the darkside, but I’m willing to pay more for better performance.

Ghost Rider
06-10-2019, 05:44 AM
I think you had way to much air, that why center wore out. I run 33 to 35 pound cold that equals around 38 to 39 hot. I have worn edge off of tire riding Arkansas but I have never worn out the center.

olegoat345
06-10-2019, 08:48 AM
You're making a smart, safe move. MC tires are safer. They have to handle better, they're made to lean to the sides.

Broken Hand
06-10-2019, 09:30 AM
I think you had way to much air, that why center wore out. I run 33 to 35 pound cold that equals around 38 to 39 hot. I have worn edge off of tire riding Arkansas but I have never worn out the center.

I figured as much

Broken Hand
06-10-2019, 09:33 AM
You're making a smart, safe move. MC tires are safer. They have to handle better, they're made to lean to the sides.

It was quite noticeable going back to MC tires. Plus, I no longer have the hassle of trying to find someone to put a CT on a motorcycle rim. Guy who put my CT on quit doing it.

willtill
09-07-2020, 09:13 PM

No problemo with a car tire here. I prefer it to a M/C tire on the F6B. Just got back from the Rally in Franklin, NC and I couldn't even tell a C/T was on the back. No sidewall wear at all. As a matter of fact you can almost see chicken strips on the edge of the car tire's tread.

I'm running a Michelin Primacy Alpine ZP 195/55 R16 Run Flat @ 30psi.