PDA

View Full Version : Horrible crash

valkmc
06-22-2019, 07:10 AM

https://ktla.com/2019/06/21/7-motorcyclist-killed-3-hurt-in-collision-with-truck-in-new-hampshire/

Sad accident!!!

opas ride
06-22-2019, 09:05 AM

https://ktla.com/2019/06/21/7-motorcyclist-killed-3-hurt-in-collision-with-truck-in-new-hampshire/

Sad accident!!!

Turns my stomach!!..Prayers out to all involved and their families...Sad day for motorcyclists around the country...Regards

F6Bster
06-22-2019, 11:16 AM
Saw info on that earlier this morning. Amazing that something that disastrous can happen. Be interesting to find out the cause. Make me cringe!!!

Cooter
06-22-2019, 11:48 AM
That's tragic. Worst MC accident I've seen. Prayers to all those involved.

Jimbo
06-22-2019, 09:19 PM
Sad & horrible, prays for the familys, going that same place in August

VaBob
06-23-2019, 05:29 PM
I really want to know why/how the driver of the truck crossed the middle of the road.

Apparently even his boss cant reach him because he's not answering his phone. Seems a little suspicious to me.

jm21ddd15
06-24-2019, 08:18 AM
[QUOTE=VaBob;178612]I really want to know why/how the driver of the truck crossed the middle of the road.

Ya, I'd like to know the facts of the crash. Was the truck driver on a cell phone/ or was someone messing with a GPS? Which driver drifted over the center line? Were the bikers riding staggered or so close, that if one goes down, then it's like a "domino effect", and they all go down? Many possible scenarios, hopefully we will learn the truth.

tenxxx
06-24-2019, 11:26 AM
Who ever is at fault, I wouldn’t think you could get them on the phone.

JGF6B
06-24-2019, 01:11 PM
Local news is stating the driver is being charged with negligent homicide. No other new details.
My guess is cell phone or OUI.

unsub
06-24-2019, 07:56 PM
Hey gents..under these circumstances the driver likely has instruction NOT to talk to anybody except investigators. It's a terrible tragedy but we can't assume anything.

opas ride
06-24-2019, 09:01 PM
Fox news tonight indicated the driver of the truck has a track record of several DUI's over the past years/months...Bastard was probably drunk!!!!..Regards

wjduke
06-25-2019, 05:17 AM
Plus they found drugs when they went to arrest him. At least he's off the road for good now. We had a bad weekend around here. That crash up north, one fatality in New Bedford, Mass, and another closer to me in Westport, Mass. I'm in no rush to ride these days. Big change from my previous history. I don't know anymore...

jm21ddd15
06-25-2019, 07:48 AM
Motorcycle riding has never been a safe activity. It's something we do, because we love the freedom and the thrills of riding. As long as there are cell phones, and other electronic devices for drivers to screw around with, cycle riding will remain unsafe. It won't stop me, just makes me more suspicious and warry of ALL other vehicles on the roads.

Defiant77
06-25-2019, 08:23 AM
As a retired LEO and traffic homicide investigator, I have worked multi vehicle fatalities more than I care to recall, this is definitely one of the worst I have seen. The driver has a history of impaired driving and heroin use. In all probability he was driving impaired and crossed into the rider's lane. These type of investigations take time and a lot of work. More often than not a good THI will have it figured out pretty quickly, but the final official report can take time. You can count on the toxicology to take 6-8 weeks for everyone involved. The suspect will probably not speak to investigators now that he has been charged, at least not without a lawyer. Since he has been charged it is fairly safe to say he was at fault in the crash.

lloydmoore1
06-25-2019, 06:29 PM
As a retired LEO and traffic homicide investigator, I have worked multi vehicle fatalities more than I care to recall, this is definitely one of the worst I have seen. The driver has a history of impaired driving and heroin use. In all probability he was driving impaired and crossed into the rider's lane. These type of investigations take time and a lot of work. More often than not a good THI will have it figured out pretty quickly, but the final official report can take time. You can count on the toxicology to take 6-8 weeks for everyone involved. The suspect will probably not speak to investigators now that he has been charged, at least not without a lawyer. Since he has been charged it is fairly safe to say he was at fault in the crash.

sad for sure, my heart goes out to all effected by this terrible event.
Thanks for you dedicated service and glad to see you can enjoy retirement..ride safe