PDA

View Full Version : A different perspective, late to the party

unsub
07-16-2019, 11:27 AM
I saw my 4th B the other day. I've actually seen 4 in the wild but 1 was parked and 2 were traveling in the opposite direction, so just fleeting moments. But in this encounter we were traveling at highway speeds in the same direction for a little while, and that gave me a totally different perspective on the styling and sound of the B's effortless power plant and how we are viewed so positively by those that aren't familiar with the B.

I guess I'm late to the party on this perspective since you all that attend rallies or B meetups have known this for a long time.

Almost an out of body experience to see the B how others see us. :D

opas ride
07-16-2019, 01:21 PM
I saw my 4th B the other day. I've actually seen 4 in the wild but 1 was parked and 2 were traveling in the opposite direction, so just fleeting moments. But in this encounter we were traveling at highway speeds in the same direction for a little while, and that gave me a totally different perspective on the styling and sound of the B's effortless power plant and how we are viewed so positively by those that aren't familiar with the B.

I guess I'm late to the party on this perspective since you all that attend rallies or B meetups have known this for a long time.

Almost an out of body experience to see the B how others see us. :D

I actually had my oldest son take my F6B up the street the other day just to see what it sounds and looks like on the road..The Cobra pipes were just right for me and your right it is a great looking bike on the streets...I have had mine for almost 6 years this fall and only have seen 3 on the roads in all those years...Regards

2wheelsforme
07-16-2019, 02:16 PM
That few? Amazing, I have seen hundreds, must be close to a dozen within a hundred miles of me right now.

six2go
07-16-2019, 02:41 PM
I live in a city of about 280,000 and I have seen a couple besides mine. One goes past my house on a semi regular basis and I try to hail him down, but his nose is so high in the air he doesn't see or hear me.

Cooter
07-16-2019, 04:52 PM
I've got three friends that have them. All are great looking bikes. Only once have all four of us ridden together. Other than those guys I've only seen 3 or 4 others.

opas ride
07-16-2019, 07:21 PM
That few? Amazing, I have seen hundreds, must be close to a dozen within a hundred miles of me right now.

You sure your not seeing Harley's that think they are riding an F6B??..Seen hundreds!!!..Must be the only bike in Florida my friend....Regards

VStarRider
07-16-2019, 08:41 PM
Must be a northern climate thing ... In New York, I have seen probably a total of 10 other F6s, and perhaps some of those are repeats.

When the guy who bought mine rode off into the sunset on mine, I heard it from a distance for the first time, and what a polished, smooth sounding bike. This is the reason I went to basically the same bike except with the features I wanted, and what inspired the “Dammit, Honda” thread.

billsim
07-17-2019, 06:35 AM
Here in Northeast Ohio I have seen 4 F6B's in 4 years. Very rare bike around here which is fine with me. Very often at a stoplight I am being asked all about the bike. People love the looks when they see one up close.

2wheelsforme
07-17-2019, 07:28 AM
You sure your not seeing Harley's that think they are riding an F6B??..Seen hundreds!!!..Must be the only bike in Florida my friend....Regards

Yes 100s, must have looked at more than 40 last year on a 18 state 7000 mile trip that included a F6B rally where over 30 were in attendance. Another rally the year before in the Smokies and I do know the difference in a HD and a F6B.

DarkKnt
07-17-2019, 10:07 AM
Pretty rare around these parts; I've only seen a handful in almost 7 years with it. Not a one in Europe last summer. Almost like owning a custom.

2wheelsforme
07-17-2019, 11:01 AM
I think it is funny that so many, even bike people think these are the new Goldwings. This week someone even called it a BMW.

unsub
07-17-2019, 01:40 PM
For example I've been asked -

Is that bike electric?
Is that a new GoldWing?
What kind of bike is that?
Holy shit that's nice, what is it?

To name a few.

opas ride
07-17-2019, 02:26 PM
Yes 100s, must have looked at more than 40 last year on a 18 state 7000 mile trip that included a F6B rally where over 30 were in attendance. Another rally the year before in the Smokies and I do know the difference in a HD and a F6B.

Whatever you say my friend, but I seriously doubt you have seen "hundreds" but maybe so...I don't take many long trips but as most have said on this thread , maybe a handful of F6B's but not many more...Regards and ride safe

2wheelsforme
07-17-2019, 04:08 PM
I did not go to this rally but did two others plus a F6B meet and greet once. Good collection of Bs.

Ghost Rider
07-17-2019, 04:10 PM
I have owned 2 of them in past 6 months. First one I had 6 weeks and totaled it. Turned around and bought another. My guess in why you dont see them is people dont ride them. The first 1 I bought was a 13 bought it in November of 2018 he bought it new in 2013. it had 9,000 miles. the second one I bought was another 2013 that original owner bought in 2013. It had 2,383 miles. So one was 5 years old with 9,000 miles the other 5 years old with 2,383 miles. That is why no one sees them on road. My bike will be seen now, I not saving it for anyone I going to ride the ass off of it. I have averaged a little over 25,000 miles a year the past 5 years. I was laid up after my crash and was not on bike til April and have 6,500 miles since then.

tenxxx
07-17-2019, 05:05 PM
A guy asked me the other day, How big are they making em now?
I told him 1800.
He said ,I bet that thing moves.
I just nodded. I said I hope they make em bigger next year.

shortleg0521
07-19-2019, 12:32 PM
I think this is a funny forum.
I traveled to Long Island this morning and at 4:30 am I was passed by a black B.
It was all lit up in the rear and had one of those flashing brake lite things when he slowed for his exit.
Ya really great to see what others see when we are going down the road.

VStarRider
07-19-2019, 08:25 PM
I had just about 27,000 miles on mine when I sold it. That turned off a lot of buyers. For my southern and western friends, 27,000 is high mileage for a lot of northern buyers. It takes someone who rides a lot and/or knows Gold Wings to even pick up the phone to call on a bike with that many miles. Makes for some great deals up here when you can actually find a bike with “high” mileage ... they don’t sell and sellers end up selling them cheap. I paid trade in on VStar five years ago because it had 33,000 miles in it and I was the only one who looked at it.

unsub
07-20-2019, 06:49 PM
It takes someone who rides a lot and/or knows Gold Wings to even pick up the phone to call on a bike with that many miles. Makes for some great deals up here when you can actually find a bike with “high” mileage ... they don’t sell and sellers end up selling them cheap.

I think that's very true. If I were in the market for another GW 50,000 + miles wouldn't bother me a bit as long as I knew the mechanical history and otherwise the bike was well taken care of.

olegoat345
07-20-2019, 10:31 PM
In our Tue & Sat lunch group there's one other B, used to be 2 but he traded it on a new DCT GW.
I see several guys on here from FL. I'd bet they been right through my area (lots of back roads) but I've never seen them.