PDA

View Full Version : powering my Sena Freewire

Skromfols
09-24-2019, 05:56 PM
I've installed the Sena Freewire in the left side box and it works great with my Serius XM system. Now what I would really like to do is add my Garmin Nuvi to my instruments. Since the Sena Freewire has a cigarette plug for power, and there is only one cigarette jack. I have a cigarette plug in with dual USB ports, which would allow me to plug in both my Sena and my Garmin, however, I need to find a power cord for my Sena that goes from the power input side to a USB plug. I checked with Sena through chat, but they claimed that have no idea where I can find such a cable or even what the plug that goes into the Sena is called. I checked with Staples and they have no such cord, so I'm looking for any suggestions on where I might be able to find a cord that plugs into the Sena and has a USB plug on the other end. Any suggestions ? As a last resort I could add a second cigarette jack, but I hate to do that, and I don't have room for one of those cigarette jack splitters.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

shortleg0521
09-24-2019, 09:22 PM
Walmart, just match the end that matches the Sena.
I use a sena SM 10 for XM and zumo 395

Ghost Rider
09-25-2019, 05:56 AM
just purchase a cigarette lighter Y cable 1 plug in to bike 2 female outlet plugs. most any automotive store will carry them. It will all fit into left pocket.

2wheelsforme
09-25-2019, 08:36 AM
Remove the cubby, plenty of room under it.

Cali261
09-25-2019, 01:27 PM
Have you tried Frys? They carry just about everything.

Skromfols
09-27-2019, 11:24 AM
I went to Home Depot and found the cigarette Y cable that Ghost Rider mentioned above. It works great. Thanks to each of you for taking the time to provide your assistance. That's what I love about this forum, the sharing of information that helps us all out.

Stan

Ghost Rider
09-27-2019, 05:53 PM
just a suggestion when you plug item in use electrical tape on the plug in. I have had them vibrate loose a time or 2. Taped mine no more problem.