PDA

View Full Version : Signing off after 6 years with the F6B forum

opas ride
09-26-2019, 05:14 PM
Well after over 6 great years of riding my F6B and enjoying every minute, my age of almost 80 is slowly taking over these old bones...I gave my F6B to eldest son today, who will be 50 in a couple of months, for his birthday..He has always loved the thing but with family and travel and the issues of raising kids, he never could afford it...He has been riding a 20+ year old Ninja, that is just about done, and is extremely happy to get my bike...I bought a leftover 2018 Honda Shadow Phantom for a great price, and after dealer adds a few accessories, I plan to pick it up next week...Old, but not yet ready to quit riding, so looking forward to riding a much smaller, less powerful, and over 250lbs lighter bike...It has been a great "ride" on this site and I have been able to get a lot of great info and make a lot of biker friends....If on any occasion, for any reason, I have offended anyone I truly apologize and hope you all continue to ride safe!!!...Regards, Opa's ride.....

VStarRider
09-26-2019, 06:20 PM
Opas, you and I have not seen eye to eye on everything, but that’s what makes life interesting! I love meeting, talking, blogging with people who come from a different perspective than me. Good luck with the new bike, and stop back every now and then, like I have been!

Coondawg07
09-26-2019, 06:23 PM
Hate to see you leave the forum. Glad to hear that you’re still riding! You should still pop in from time to time. You probably have some experience with the bike that could be helpful to others. Either way, be safe out there!

Willl
09-26-2019, 06:33 PM
Enjoy your new ride, be safe

Sorcerer
09-26-2019, 06:45 PM
Enjoy your new scoot. In the wind is in the wind. You don’t have to be a stranger here.

Brasco
09-26-2019, 08:00 PM
All the best, Opas. Perhaps send a photo of your new ride when you get it home. Enjoy every mile ahead.

Verismo
09-26-2019, 08:28 PM
Hey Opas, congrats on the new bike! Good luck to you and your son!

Jason

Az Wingrider
09-26-2019, 08:49 PM
Enjoy your new ride. I have enjoyed your posts
Az Wingrider

unsub
09-26-2019, 11:57 PM
Well after over 6 great years of riding my F6B and enjoying every minute, my age of almost 80 is slowly taking over these old bones...I gave my F6B to eldest son today, who will be 50 in a couple of months, for his birthday..He has always loved the thing but with family and travel and the issues of raising kids, he never could afford it...He has been riding a 20+ year old Ninja, that is just about done, and is extremely happy to get my bike...I bought a leftover 2018 Honda Shadow Phantom for a great price, and after dealer adds a few accessories, I plan to pick it up next week...Old, but not yet ready to quit riding, so looking forward to riding a much smaller, less powerful, and over 250lbs lighter bike...It has been a great "ride" on this site and I have been able to get a lot of great info and make a lot of biker friends....If on any occasion, for any reason, I have offended anyone I truly apologize and hope you all continue to ride safe!!!...Regards, Opa's ride.....

All the best old timer....I'm not far behind you. Beautiful gesture to gift your B to your son! Keep us updated on all your new adventures...

:cheers:

F6Bster
09-27-2019, 12:46 AM
Good luck Opas!! I’m 10 years younger but I can sure feel the years catching up, along with all the things I’ve done over the years! Great that you gave the bike to your son—wonderful thing to do! Enjoy the new ride. Lighter is good!

Cali261
09-27-2019, 06:54 AM
Good luck opas, please check in and let us know what you are up to. Is your son a member of this board?

bobo
09-27-2019, 07:05 AM
good luck opas enjoy your new ride nice to see that you passed the f6b on to your son.

billsim
09-27-2019, 09:29 AM
Happy trails to you. Will miss your knowledge and views!

Blk6bgg6
09-27-2019, 10:05 AM
Good luck and fun on the shadow have enjoyed your posts ! So I'm sure others see it like I do ,please keep up on the forum ,we still want to hear from you.After all we are all motorcyclists.

Ixol Phaane
09-27-2019, 01:53 PM
Happy Trails, amigo!
You've been an awesome contributor to the forum.
Hate to see you go, and wish you continuing safe travels on your new ride.
:cool:

98valk
09-27-2019, 05:14 PM
Before you go Opas, you should post a least one more pic of that nice paint job (wineberry?)! Happy trails, you old goat! :)

F6Broy
09-27-2019, 06:24 PM
Opas, sad to see you exit I have enjoyed your posts. Great Dad to gift your B to your son. I ope you have many more years in the wind. Roy

opas ride
09-27-2019, 07:45 PM
Before you go Opas, you should post a least one more pic of that nice paint job (wineberry?)! Happy trails, you old goat! :)

I will see if my son can post a photo of the bike when he gets home from his business trip....It is House of Kolors, Brandywine Candy Clearcoat..Looks gorgeous in the sunlight!!..Regards

f6bcarider
09-29-2019, 06:34 PM
just wanted to say thank you, for all the time you took to enlighten the group take care on your new journey.

rdbonds
09-30-2019, 07:55 PM
Opas - Here's to many more miles on that new bike, sir. I hope you'll still hang around here and continue to share your thoughts/experience. I've enjoyed the discussions. :)

opas ride
09-30-2019, 09:55 PM
As of today I have not picked up my new bike..Weather has been lousy and the couple of accessories I wanted installed on the Shadow have not arrived...I walk out to the garage and see my F6B just sitting there without plates or insurance, waiting for my Son to ride it home, and I ask myself, I hope I did the right thing!!...Then I realize that I am almost 80 and not as strong as I was a few years ago, and sadly admit I will miss the 6 a lot...But life moves on and I will cope with the smaller bike..Thanks again to all who have commented about the 6 years on this board and I will surely miss the great posts...My biggest regret is that I never found the time to attend one of the F6B rally's and meet some of you people in person...Regards and ride safe

Phantom
10-01-2019, 12:44 AM
As of today I have not picked up my new bike..Weather has been lousy and the couple of accessories I wanted installed on the Shadow have not arrived...I walk out to the garage and see my F6B just sitting there without plates or insurance, waiting for my Son to ride it home, and I ask myself, I hope I did the right thing!!...Then I realize that I am almost 80 and not as strong as I was a few years ago, and sadly admit I will miss the 6 a lot...But life moves on and I will cope with the smaller bike..Thanks again to all who have commented about the 6 years on this board and I will surely miss the great posts...My biggest regret is that I never found the time to attend one of the F6B rally's and meet some of you people in person...Regards and ride safe

Opas, You need to attend the 2020 F6B Rally !
Give the NEW Shadow to your Son.... The F6B will be there for him when you turn 90 !!! JUST add the Goldwing "landing Gear" to help you keep it up. There are a couple of manufacturers that make these kits, I believe they retract after you are rolling above 10 MPH.
Click on the link below....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk-LLlquwhM

Radical Taz
10-01-2019, 08:04 PM
Opas I have always enjoyed comments and even some “Feuds” with past members.
Your son is a lucky “kid” and I wish you well and hope you continue to check in on us.

Rod

opas ride
10-01-2019, 08:40 PM
Opas I have always enjoyed comments and even some “Feuds” with past members.
Your son is a lucky “kid” and I wish you well and hope you continue to check in on us.

Rod

Thanks for the comments and I also have had a great time with the postings on this site...And your right my "kid", who will 50 in a couple months, is very deserving and one of those son's that every father wishes he had...Never been in trouble, very humble, deeply religious, great family of his own and is a joy to be around...Loves to ride when he can, a big car "buff" like me and hopefully with take of me and my wife in our old age!!!...Regards