PDA

View Full Version : New Honda Goldwing F6B owner in Phoenix, Arizona!

Lucas
12-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Gentlemen-
I'm a new F6B owner/rider in Phoenix. What a wonderful machine! Does anyone have any suggestions about an improved windshield? I'm 5-10, and weigh 200 lbs, with a normal build.
Thank you!
Lucas
(Former dyed-in-the-wool Harley-Davidson rider.)

hiflyer
12-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Gentlemen-
I'm a new F6B owner/rider in Phoenix. What a wonderful machine! Does anyone have any suggestions about an improved windshield? I'm 5-10, and weigh 200 lbs, with a normal build.
Thank you!
Lucas

Welcome! There are plenty of threads associated with W/S, I promise.

Darkknight
12-04-2013, 10:18 AM
You will get a ton of suggestions. Many threads have already been created on this subject.

I'm 5'10" and about 230 lbs.
I have installed a Baggershield Sport Shield 11". The mounting points are slotted so if you like you can extend the shield up to a 12.75" dimension. My choice was a dark smoked color with no Vent. I liked the looks although the vent in the summer time or out in AZ may be a good choice too. If you go to my gallery you can see my bike with the shield in the full up position. Shield change is quick and easy with how to videos on U Tube.

This forum is loaded with terrific suggestions on accessories and information on what works and what doesn't. Be careful... my Visa Card numbers wore off in my first 6 weeks of owning my F6B. that was in April and I'm still ordering in December!

Accessories can become an addiction. I'd be the first to admit it.

Welcome to the group

jkelley
12-04-2013, 10:56 AM
As stated, many opinions. I am 6'2" and use a 19" Baggershield. I tried the Honda one with the vent but didn't like cleaning out the vent or dash.
It sits in a box in the garage.

Some of the forum sponsors would surely be able to guide you in the right direction. The choices are many, but a friendly word of advise. IF you plan on modifying or changing the seat do that first before you decide on the correct height of a windshield. Let the fun begin..

Congrats on the new bike.

Scotrod
12-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Welcome to the fold!

Convertable Baggershield is a good choice.

I'm trying a Madstad next!

opas ride
12-04-2013, 11:20 AM
I am about the same size as you are and have found the 11"-19" adjustable Baggershield to work fine for me..It looks great on the bike and is really effective in wind/noise protection in my opinion....Some like the F4 shield, expensive, Cee Baileys, and Madstad...The Hondaline taller shield is also good so I hear....I love my Baggershield, it does the job....

FlaMike
12-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Welcome from Fla. :beach:

Another former HD owner here, for many years. Enjoyed em while I had em and never really had a issues with mine. But the F6B will make you forget all about V-Twins.

As far as windsheilds go, I had a fairly tall aftermarket shield on mine (used bike). At 5'8, I wasn't gonna see over it, so I cut it down to 14"h and it's been a good height, so far. You'll find a lot of good info here. Enjoy

F6B-RICH
12-04-2013, 12:16 PM
'welcome gang' and have fun with your new toy :motorcycle2:

fl1madmax
12-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Gentlemen-
Thank you!
Lucas

I'm 6ft 225lb, and look over in the clear and under it in Rain, Perfect !

Westernbiker
12-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Welcome Lucas, as you see I am also in Phoenix, where about are you? I'm around 36th Street and Union Hills.
And by the way, I have the 13" baggershield in smoke and it's great! If ya want to see it on my bike maybe we can arrange it? Gotta wait till the rain goes away IF it shows up like they said. LOL!

fsixb_AZ
12-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Hi Lucas, welcome :cheers: Red or Black? I live in Buckeye.

Lucas
12-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Welcome Lucas, as you see I am also in Phoenix, where about are you? I'm around 36th Street and Union Hills.
And by the way, I have the 13" baggershield in smoke and it's great! If ya want to see it on my bike maybe we can arrange it? Gotta wait till the rain goes away IF it shows up like they said. LOL!

We are on 32ed Street and Baseline. Sure, we can meet up. I'd like to see your windshield!

Lucas
12-05-2013, 12:16 PM

I'm afraid a red F6B would take me straight to central booking!

bobbyf6b
12-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Welcome Lucas. I'm another recovering HD rider. A few of us in AZ have ridden together already. When are you available to ride? Weekends for me.

Bigred
12-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Hi Lucas,

I am 5" 11" and have the Windbender HP 11" windshield which is adjustable from 11"to 15". It has a curved top ridge. I use it at the 13" setting almost exclusively. I also have the 16" Honda tall shield with which I have to either stretch or crouch to get the edge out of my line of vision. I also have the Windbender 15" ST straight edge shield which will extend to 19".

I can see over the HP set at 13" at all times. Of all the above possible combinations, the Windbender HP set at 13" produces the least amount of buffeting by far. It would be good at 14" and 15" but then I would be looking thru the edge at least some of the time. I can ride with my face shield up most of the time.

Lucas
12-11-2013, 11:37 AM

Red is quite pretty, but I'd spend too much time in central booking...

Bruce B
12-11-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm also 5'10", normal build and really like my Madstad windshield. I think you're going to start seeing a lot of them on the F6B. Very popular on Road Glides. Check out "Madstad" here on the forum. I was one of the first to try the Madstad and have experimented with some different size combinations. I've settled on the 11" shield with the mid sized base plate. Perfect for my height. Gives great protection and a quiet ride but still lets me look well over the top. Because I'm looking over the top, I can use the dark shield which I find the most attractive. The shield is still light enough to see through easily, much like dark sunglasses. Height and rake angle are adjustable over a wide range to fine tune it to your exact liking. Check out what d-shark has to say on the forum. He's written some really good stuff. Also see www.madstad.com. Other fine shields to check out are F4 and Cee Baileys (available through Wingstuff), both sponsors of the forum.

WingStuff
12-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Lucas welcome to the forum and F6B family! Here are some suggestions for you to consider:
http://wingstuff.com/products/35038-f4-scratch-resistant-windshield-for-honda-f6b?from_search=1
http://wingstuff.com/products/35123-19-touring-shield-for-honda-f6b?from_search=1
http://wingstuff.com/products/35223-short-dark-smoke-windshield-for-f6b?from_search=1
http://wingstuff.com/products/35121-11-to-19-adjustable-bagger-windshield-for-honda-f6b?from_search=1

If you have any questions please give us a call 800.260.4050 or email us parts@cyclegiant.com and we'll take great care of you. Enjoy your new ride!

DJ TONY G
12-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Welcome to the AZ F6B family. I always ride! Hit me up 4eight0 two33two9twoseven