PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for wireless ear buds

Skromfols
11-14-2019, 08:57 AM
I have my bike set up with Bluetooth so that I can listen to my cell phone or Serious XM while riding. I'm presently using the SENA SMH10, but the in helmet speakers don't really give me as crisp a sound as I used to get with ear buds. So I'm considering getting some wireless Bluetooth earbuds. I've been reading reviews but can find no reviews from anyone using them with a motorcycle helmet. Is anyone using wireless ear buds for riding and how have they worked out? So far I like what I've read about the Samsung Galaxy Buds, but have no idea if they're compatible with a helmet.

gadgeteer
11-14-2019, 09:23 AM
I understand earbuds on a motorcycle are illegal in many states. Even when they are legal they don't offer the ambient sounds to get thru (sirens, horns, etc.) as well as a good set of helmet speakers. I have the Sena SMH10 also. About 6 years worth. Even replaced Sena battery about 2 years ago. Went thru the same problem with sound volume and quality as you are experiencing. But, after I replaced the stock speakers with IASUS speakers (from Amazon) I no longer miss my ear buds.
Just my 2 cents.

Skromfols
11-14-2019, 11:47 AM
gadgeteer, can you tell me which model IASUS speaker you got? I'd certainly consider getting a set.

shortleg0521
11-14-2019, 01:00 PM
You can use plug in ear buds and by pass the speakers
My sena 20s has a plug for ear buds.
One less thing to pair.

Draxsr
11-14-2019, 01:37 PM
You can use plug in ear buds and by pass the speakers
My sena 20s has a plug for ear buds.
One less thing to pair.

Uh, not legally in Maryland. Nor, for that matter, in most other states. I've seen a few that allow 1 earbud to be used, but I've not aware of any state that has legalized the use of earbuds in both ears.

https://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2010/transportation/title-21/subtitle-11/21-1120/

F6Pilot
11-14-2019, 09:05 PM
I have only ridden once with my Jabra 65T buds and they worked very well. They fit well in the ear but also have a setting to allow pass through of ambient sound.

gadgeteer
11-15-2019, 07:59 AM
https://www.amazon.com/iASUS-Definition-Speakers-headsets-smartphones/dp/B00MV2ZLHC/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=iasus+helmet+speakers&qid=1573822701&s=automotive&sr=1-3

Skromfols
11-15-2019, 08:16 AM
Thanks to all for your information. I've ordered a set of the IASUS helmet speakers through Amazon Prime, so they should be here tomorrow. gadgeteer, are they direct plug in with the SENA? I checked my SENA and it has an unusual looking plug for the speakers and mic. My guess is that they must have the correct plug.