PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of a hot weather armored mesh jacket

Vandal
11-15-2019, 08:51 AM
Hey fellas what are your thoughts on a good hot weather mesh with armor? I don't want a multi season jacket, I have that, but a simple but effective armored mesh. The one I am currently looking at is the Icon Mesh AF jacket.....anyone have this one? How's the fit? I am a Shrek so looking for comfort for a bigger dude.

SeaSteve
11-15-2019, 12:57 PM
Okay, the most important reason for a "mesh" jacket is to hold armor in place and what really matters is the armor inserts.

You'll know how good the mesh and seams are by touching it with your hands. It's gonna be a personal choice.

A few years back I got a Poker Run mesh jacket on sale for $10. The jacket is great with packets where I like them and it's FULL two sided mesh. The armor was JUNK! Just thin pieces of foam, BUT, I was able to get CE Certified armor for elbows and shoulders from Amazon and the jacket had pockets to accommodate the full size pads.

TheWalrus
11-15-2019, 01:13 PM
Vandal. I'm not sure if you're close to Spokane, thinking maybe by your handle you're near Moscow... :confused: We've got a Cycle Gear store in Spokane Valley. I bought a Bilt brand mesh jacket, it has CE armor. This way you can actually try the stuff on before you buy, they have a large selection to choose from. They also have Sedici and top name brands.

Vandal
11-15-2019, 02:51 PM
Actually I am. I am over in Coeur d'Alene. Going to swing out there this weekend and try stuff on, including some Arai and Shoei sizing.

Vandal. I'm not sure if you're close to Spokane, thinking maybe by your handle you're near Moscow... :confused: We've got a Cycle Gear store in Spokane Valley. I bought a Bilt brand mesh jacket, it has CE armor. This way you can actually try the stuff on before you buy, they have a large selection to choose from. They also have Sedici and top name brands.

Verismo
11-15-2019, 03:42 PM
I have the Sedici mesh Goldwing jacket and I like it. Fit is good, armor is decent and stays where it's supposed to, and if I soak my T shirt under the jacket, the A/C effect lasts for 30-45 minutes, depending on temp.

Jason

JackB
11-15-2019, 06:55 PM
You should check out Bohn Armor.
https://www.bohnarmor.com/product-category/season/hot-humid-weather-motorcycle-riding/

Cooter
11-15-2019, 09:53 PM
Hot and humid here in Cincy in the summer. Joe Rocket has been doing it for years. I'm on my second jacket.

Travelor
11-16-2019, 09:19 AM
Hey fellas what are your thoughts on a good hot weather mesh with armor? I don't want a multi season jacket, I have that, but a simple but effective armored mesh. The one I am currently looking at is the Icon Mesh AF jacket.....anyone have this one? How's the fit? I am a Shrek so looking for comfort for a bigger dude.

Look at First Gear mesh jackets. I used them for about 6 years here in the hot, humid Midwest summers. They make a very nice Hi-Viz one.

Vandal
11-22-2019, 07:35 AM
Follow up, I went into Spokane to Cycle Gear last weekend and tried on a few, boy, that European fit sure is tough to find the right fit for my broad shoulders. I am now thinking 3xl for some of the options out there. They didn't have too many in stock for me to try out, but I am torn between the iCon Mesh AF or the Cortech option, since I have the heavier all season Cortech and it is solid quality.

soupbean
11-24-2019, 08:20 AM
I’ve got several Joe Rocket jackets. Quality and price work for me.
My hot weather jacket is mesh, you can see right through it.... same with the pants. It’s really nice for really hot weather..

SeaSteve
11-25-2019, 03:13 PM
I recommend checking out LeatherUp.com (https://www.leatherup.com/collections/mens-mesh-motorcycle-jackets) They have an "Easy Return" that costs $9.95 for all items returned. You can order several jackets is several sizes and return the ones that don't fit...Or, Since they are an Amazon Seller, if you have Amazon Prime in may be free returns.

OlyF6B
12-06-2019, 12:54 AM
I recently got the Sedici Mesh GW jacket from Cycle Gear. (https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/sedici-goldwing-mesh-jacket?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3pPJqqqg5gIVEhx9Ch3cagF1E AQYAyABEgJXEPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds) It's a GREAT jacket for warm to medium-cold day rides on my F6B.

stevenolts
06-20-2021, 09:52 AM
I use the Klim Induction jacket
Rukka air flow through pants

stevenolts