PDA

View Full Version : Tour pack

thunder217
12-19-2019, 01:28 PM
Ok, I know your going to say why didn't I buy a Full GW. Im going to say that the posture of the FGW never fit me. The F6B was perfect, but I still wanted the tour pack. What do you guys think about this tourpack. 7100

This is not my bike but I have ordered on of them.

Walcrow
12-19-2019, 03:10 PM
I"ll say that it's the sleekest looking trunk I've seen. Looks like might not hold a helmet but helmets are for heads, not trunks. Maybe it's a wide angle lens that makes it look low and flat. Let us know how it works out.

jmdaniel
12-19-2019, 04:04 PM
Looks great to me! I take my FJR when I need luggage, so wouldn't need it on my B, but you do you!

Switchmonkey
12-20-2019, 12:11 AM
Probably some stress on the floor at the front. Are you mounted on a dale rack?

Mine is not as stretched as yours but I’m careful on how I load it.

shortleg0521
12-20-2019, 05:41 AM
Looks to be about the size of a Harley razor pack,that along with saddle bags and a pack on the back of saddle
is the way I travel across country.
What I use is a Harley chopped pack that,s a little bigger. I added a black rack to the top of mine so as to give me
a place to put a small bag to give access to anything I might need quickly

Travelor
12-20-2019, 10:20 AM
Probably some stress on the floor at the front. Are you mounted on a dale rack?

Mine is not as stretched as yours but I’m careful on how I load it.

Looks good. Is it from a BMW RT or GTL? What did you use for a mounting plate?

F6Pilot
12-20-2019, 07:50 PM
Looks great. I’m kicking around ordering one from Jay myself, just working through some audio decisions first. If you don’t plan on the audio mods go hit eBay. It’s just a modified Harley pack and you can find them for 75% less.

thunder217
12-22-2019, 02:54 PM
Your right I really wanted the rear speakers and the look of the razor tour pack on the F6B.

F6Pilot
12-22-2019, 05:43 PM
I was pursuing audio as my winter project but may work on suspension first. Unfortunately these bikes are severely space deficient when selecting audio components. Short of modifying the side lids and surface mounting some 6.5", we max out with dash mounted 5.25" in the front sound stage and possibly some horns further down on the side panels. We then have to balance the rear stage with a tour pack or mids in the bags. I am leaning towards Jay's pack because I dont necessarily want to hack up my bags. Choices choices.

thunder217
12-23-2019, 11:17 AM
That was me, its a great look and you don't have to hack any of the your bags or storage spaces. I will post pictures once I install it. I didn't need full all out sound but just a little more from the rear would help. LOL

F6Pilot
12-23-2019, 10:03 PM
Do you anticipate bolting it to the bosses used to mount the passenger backrest / OEM luggage rack? I have not seen a lot of detail on the mounting. Also curious about whether we need to use some flat plates to reinforce. Going with 8" or 10" mids? Curious as to why the speaker mount is angled and whether it is HDPE or particle board. Looking forward to install pics and picking your brain a little before I purchase.

ridinglearn
12-24-2019, 01:37 PM
I am looking to buy some saddle bags (https://www.vikingbags.com/lamellar-extra-large-shock-cutout-leather-covered-saddlebag-12235-prd1.htm) for my Honda Gold wing. Any places from where i can find them best?

Cali261
12-24-2019, 04:08 PM
I’m going to guess, somewhere where they do trike conversions. Other than that maybe you can get lucky on Craigslist or EBay? Maybe members on this forum can check their local ads and put you in contact with any prospects.

Good luck on your quest.

shortleg0521
12-24-2019, 11:51 PM
I am looking to buy some saddle bags for my Honda Gold wing. Any places from where i can find them best?

Check eBay and criers list.
Gl1800 bags is that what you want

Beejay
01-01-2020, 06:58 PM
I love it and yes this is My Gurl

thunder217
01-01-2020, 11:21 PM
BeeJay, I should have mine in a couple of weeks. Did you install an additional amp to run the speakers in the tourpack?

F6Pilot
03-10-2020, 07:05 PM
Hey Thunder, you ever get that thing mounted? Already have all of the audio pieces and the pack will be here in a couple of weeks.

thunder217
03-13-2020, 01:58 PM
I have mounted it and have adjusted all of the screws to make it sound the way I want it to sound. You will have to dick with the low/high converter to get where you like it and then you will need to fade front to back to get that just right sound from all of the speakers. Its an easly install I ordered water proof connection to run from amp to speakers in case I want to remove the tourpack at any time. It looks fabulous and sound good to. Drilled all the needed holes ran wires and the remote wire works perfectly. System only comes on when the key is turned and it hard wired directly to the battery which is close to the shifter side bag. built wall to hold amp and converter bag will still hold full face helmet. Mission Impossible accomplished. I will take some pictures of inside the saddle bag and the tourpack installed.

thunder217
03-13-2020, 02:16 PM
7307[attach=config]7308

F6Pilot
03-13-2020, 08:28 PM
Glad your install was successful. Some internal shots would be great. Did you use any type of mounting plate on the bottom of the pack?

markstriumph
03-14-2020, 09:27 AM
what paint did you use?did you clear coat?

thunder217
03-15-2020, 03:02 PM
The Tourpack was purchased from Jay Ford and it was painted by Jay to match the Black F6B. Jay does supply the steal plate and the metal risers that fit on the F8B and look great. Here are some additional pictures. I utilized the rear speaker connection already on the F6B which I pictures. 7315731473167317

Sorry about the some of the pictures just cant seem to turn them the right way. Sorry.

shortleg0521
03-17-2020, 04:32 PM
[url=https://flic.kr/p/27C9GPx][img]https://live.staticflickr

naga viper
10-17-2021, 03:20 PM
Switch monkey what brand is your tour pack? Would you take internal mea?

ridinglearn
11-16-2021, 12:42 PM
I"ll say that it's the sleekest looking trunk I've seen. Looks like might not hold a helmet but helmets are for heads, not trunks. Maybe it's a wide angle lens that makes it look low and flat. Let us know how it works out.

Yeah, but still for some certain situations need to put the helmet in the trunk. I'm using Wrapped Hard Truck (https://www.vikingbags.com/honda-viking-premium-leather-wrapped-hard-trunk) for the last 1 year and from viking bags and I just love to go on long tour rides with the truck that has a loud mount of space even carry my helmet and still get much space to put other things as well.

Harrisiv
11-29-2021, 12:15 PM
I know this pack doesn't have speakers, but I just bought a XFMT Chopped Tour Pack Trunk w/black hardware and black luggage rack & king backrest off Amazon for $270.99. Seems to be of decent quality and comes with trunk liner and all black hardware.

I also purchased a US Stock Moto Onfire Tour Pack Plate (Advanblack) black laser cut inner base reinforcement plate for the pack to sit on. Was pricey at $59, but the plate fits exactly to the XFMT chopped pack base. I then used plate as a template to custom cut a galvanized piece of metal for the inside of the pack with snips from ACE Hardware for $9.99. This allows me to "sandwich" the bottom of the pack for added stability. I found all the necessary nuts, lock nuts and washers at ACE.

I couldn't find any M8 bolts that worked locally so I had to order Prime-Line 9186710 set sockets M8-1.25x80mm. The bolts came in a 5-pack and were $22.75 on Amazon.

Since I have a 2015 F6B Deluxe I have my backrest to use as a template for hole spacing. Will be fun trying to figure out where to drill the holes so it doesn't sit too far back or forward for my passenger.

Appreciate all the information on this thread. Anyone have any tips to help with deciding where to drill the holes?

Eternalydamd
11-29-2021, 12:46 PM
I know this pack doesn't have speakers, but I just bought a XFMT Chopped Tour Pack Trunk w/black hardware and black luggage rack & king backrest off Amazon for $270.99. Seems to be of decent quality and comes with trunk liner and all black hardware.

I also purchased a US Stock Moto Onfire Tour Pack Plate (Advanblack) black laser cut inner base reinforcement plate for the pack to sit on. Was pricey at $59, but the plate fits exactly to the XFMT chopped pack base. I then used plate as a template to custom cut a galvanized piece of metal for the inside of the pack with snips from ACE Hardware for $9.99. This allows me to "sandwich" the bottom of the pack for added stability. I found all the necessary nuts, lock nuts and washers at ACE.

I couldn't find any M8 bolts that worked locally so I had to order Prime-Line 9186710 set sockets M8-1.25x80mm. The bolts came in a 5-pack and were $22.75 on Amazon.

Since I have a 2015 F6B Deluxe I have my backrest to use as a template for hole spacing. Will be fun trying to figure out where to drill the holes so it doesn't sit too far back or forward for my passenger.

Appreciate all the information on this thread. Anyone have any tips to help with deciding where to drill the holes?

Please post some pics of the finished product, it would be mightily appreciated.

seabee40
11-29-2021, 01:02 PM
8184Honda CTX

Harrisiv
12-07-2021, 11:10 AM
I also bought some steel spacers from Ace Hardware and cut them to correct size with my Dremel tool to add a little more support for the set screws. I then wrapped the spacers in black electrical tape so they would not be so obvious (I know doesn't look great). All in all it is a very secure tour pack that my wife absolutely loves (even more than on my Valkyrie Interstate). Next time I would probably just buy a 2nd Advanblack plate for the inside of the pack to avoid having to cut the metal.

Harrisiv
12-07-2021, 11:10 AM

F6Pilot
12-07-2021, 11:04 PM
That pack should serve you well. I followed the same install path and sandwiched the pack as you outlined. As for preferred placement, I used several cardboard templates and moved them around until I found the correct spot. So, a lot of trial and error. One thing to consider when moving the pack fore and aft, make sure you take seat removal into consideration. I mounted mine very close and low to the rear of my Ultimate King and almost made it impossible to remove the seat. Another 1/4" forward and I would need to remove the pack to remove the seat.

If you also have the pack lights, use a weatherproof quick disconnect to supply power.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I can try to provide further insight.

**Edit: Too late, looks like you are already there. lol

Larr
04-16-2022, 05:31 AM
Good morning seabee40,
I have a tour pack like yours and I wanted to understand how you managed to install it on the Goldwing F6B, because the Honda dealer in my area tells me that it is not possible.
Thank you. (sorry for the bad English)
Larr.

thunder217
04-19-2022, 10:31 PM
It will fit a lot of us use it here in America. There should be a thread here that shows how it can be done. It pretty simple you need a piece of reinforced aluminum or some metal to connect the tour pack. search here on the forum tourpack installation.