PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Is this board dead or what?

six2go
12-27-2019, 07:16 PM
Being retired for quite some time now, I frequent the board numerous times a day. When I first joined, there were new posts all the time. Now I see that there has been 1 post since Christmas Eve. I don't have as much experience with the "B" as most of you guys so I am always looking for more information, but it has been R E A L S L O W lately.
I did go to the garage and looked at my "B" today, all snuggled up under the cover waiting for Spring.

edgeman55
12-27-2019, 08:41 PM
Really slow the last few days as I am sure the holidays and family have kept most busy that post here.Overall the site has slowed down over this year as many of the regulars have sold there F6B's and moved on.With this bike having done it,s run and with the new Goldwing platform it has taken it's toll on the F6B rider.There are a ton of them for sale nation wide and not many being bought at bargain basement prices.I have thought about upgrading but I would have to give my 13 F6B with a ton of accs. away for nothing so I will ride her till she dies or I do.

StoichSix
12-28-2019, 12:07 AM
I don’t get it, I’ve ridden the GL1800 several times and its a great two up bike. But it’s not an F6b. If you’re riding solo and want more performance, better handling and better looks, the F6b is where it’s at. Personally the new wing does nothing for me, hasn’t even crossed my mind to get one. I also agree there are a lot of F6b’s for sale as well as the aging GL1800 platform. These bikes are still way out ahead of every V-Twin ever made until recently when Indian launched the Challenger. But riding that bike is a different experience. I don’t post much on the forum because most questions have already been said. These bikes rarely break down and there are some aftermarket accessories but not a lot. I also think F6b riders wash the bike and just ride and ride and ride. No one has time for random posting online.

Phantom
12-28-2019, 02:01 AM
Really slow the last few days as I am sure the holidays and family have kept most busy that post here.Overall the site has slowed down over this year as many of the regulars have sold there F6B's and moved on.With this bike having done it,s run and with the new Goldwing platform it has taken it's toll on the F6B rider.There are a ton of them for sale nation wide and not many being bought at bargain basement prices.I have thought about upgrading but I would have to give my 13 F6B with a ton of accs. away for nothing so I will ride her till she dies or I do.

It's winter and as always, many put up their bikes. Focus on the holidays and their families. I have not worked on nor ridden my bike since the beginning of November, she's in hibernation. Call it the Off-Season Blues.

The Honda F6b is a short production run Bike like the Honda Valkyrie, the Honda VTX and the Honda Rune. These bikes had more attention during their first few peak years then they do today. The F6B popularity reached its peak in 2015 yet Honda still had 2013 models on the floor in 2015, this great bike just never took off like Honda had expected. Were coming up on 5 years of a consistent decline, there are still many New F6B's available at dealerships and in Honda's warehouse. Soon Honda will start unloading their warehouses with aggressive discounts and I predict that you might see New F6B's sold at dealerships for $10,000.00. It was a transition bike for Honda to utilize the remaining parts from the old GL1800 Goldwing platform while it developed the New GL1800 platform and engine. When Honda unloaded the warehouse in 2009 of New 2004-2005 Runes ... these once $28,000 Runes could be purchased for $15,000.

Many motorcycle and automotive forums of discontinued models are also quiet/dead, it happens. Life happens. Many Vendors stopped producing accessories for the F6B years ago. The BIKEMP3 rear Rack comes to mind. Yes, over the years some have come, some have gone (you'll see that several early members have sold their bikes through our Classified section), some have unfortunately crashed and decided to not continue, some riders have reached an age where they can no longer ride this fat girl, some have moved on to the full Goldwings, Trikes, BMW's, Harleys, Indians or downsized to a smaller bike and some just didn't want to play within forum rules and took their ball and went home. Some have gone to other forums, violated their rules, created drama, made enemy's and have also worn out their welcome there too. I recently read on another Goldwing forum an exchange between Rocky and one of our former "Experts", it was comical and Rocky pummeled our former "Expert" into the ground. It reminded me of 2 little girls fighting in a 2nd grade playground, pulling each others hair while crying, biting, screaming and yelling over childish stupidity. You just have to shake your head out of disbelief.

There is a lot of valuable information on this forum from past years, many topics have been regurgitated several times, currently some of us choose to no longer entertain a oil, tire or battery debate with the so called "Experts". Or any debate for what its worth. Until the F6B has a resurgence , don't expect much to change. There is only so much that can be said-posted about a bike that rarely has any issues.

If memory serves me right,
TaxFree was rear-ended (totaled) and never replaced F6B, HornBlower purchased a BMW1600, Steve0080 replaced his F6B with a Full Goldwing, Opas ride gave his F6B to his son and replaced it with a much smaller bike, Dale sold his F6B and purchased a top of the line DirtBike, Pete traded in his F6b for a full goldwing, Calvin sold his F6b and purchased a fancy Jeep, has been off-roading with his local Jeep neighbors etc etc etc and the list goes on.

Ghost Rider
12-28-2019, 10:35 AM
I don’t get it, I’ve ridden the GL1800 several times and its a great two up bike. But it’s not an F6b. If you’re riding solo and want more performance, better handling and better looks, the F6b is where it’s at. Personally the new wing does nothing for me, hasn’t even crossed my mind to get one. I also agree there are a lot of F6b’s for sale as well as the aging GL1800 platform. These bikes are still way out ahead of every V-Twin ever made until recently when Indian launched the Challenger. But riding that bike is a different experience. I don’t post much on the forum because most questions have already been said. These bikes rarely break down and there are some aftermarket accessories but not a lot. I also think F6b riders wash the bike and just ride and ride and ride. No one has time for random posting online.

I agree with you on the F6B and a Full wing handle different. But totally the opposite of what you are saying. I have a 2013 F6B and a 2014 Full wing. the B is little lighter so maybe a little quicker stop light to stop light. But handling the wing is by far the best bike. I have ran both bikes with motorcycle and car tires. And through corners the full wing is just better. The B drags to easy. Maybe with a full Monte Traxxion the B might be better.

wjduke
12-28-2019, 02:34 PM
Sorry to say, but I might be giving mine up in the Spring also. I’ve had two accidents now and my skills, and want, have both diminished. It’s so dangerous out there I can’t seem to enjoy it anymore. I don’t feel confident. I’ll make firm decision around March or April but am leaning in selling and no more riding. I don’t have any other hobbies and I really loved riding, but it’s not the same. If I sell, I will post here and someone will get a great deal. I bought it used with a lot of add ones already, M——-d shield included. I’m not going to wheel and deal, I’ll just get a lot less than it’s worth to not haggle. Stay tuned if you might be interested. Just so you can stew on it, it’s a 2016 white, just over 10,000 miles

Phantom
12-28-2019, 03:24 PM
six2go...
I just visited a couple of other Honda Goldwing websites and you can see for yourself, how active they are. look at attachments.

six2go
12-28-2019, 03:36 PM
six2go...
I just visited a couple of other Honda Goldwing websites and you can see for yourself, how active they are. look at attachments.

Jeez, we're like Macy's on Black Friday by comparison. I understand about the off season and the fact that our bikes don't need much in repairs. Also, the customization seems to be mostly lighting. As a VRCC member from day 1, I just was accustomed to discussions about chrome goodies and other things. I get it though.

vstar09
12-28-2019, 04:03 PM
I still check in almost every day just to see whats going on, to bad alot of the old threads were lost. There was a wealth of information on them as far as maintinance and adding aftermarket products.

BIGLRY
12-28-2019, 04:32 PM
It's winter and as always, many put up their bikes. Focus on the holidays and their families. I have not worked on nor ridden my bike since the beginning of November, she's in hibernation. Call it the Off-Season Blues.

The Honda F6b is a short production run Bike like the Honda Valkyrie, the Honda VTX and the Honda Rune. These bikes had more attention during their first few peak years then they do today. The F6B popularity reached its peak in 2015 yet Honda still had 2013 models on the floor in 2015, this great bike just never took off like Honda had expected. Were coming up on 5 years of a consistent decline, there are still many New F6B's available at dealerships and in Honda's warehouse. Soon Honda will start unloading their warehouses with aggressive discounts and I predict that you might see New F6B's sold at dealerships for $10,000.00. It was a transition bike for Honda to utilize the remaining parts from the old GL1800 Goldwing platform while it developed the New GL1800 platform and engine. When Honda unloaded the warehouse in 2009 of New 2004-2005 Runes ... these once $28,000 Runes could be purchased for $15,000.

Many motorcycle and automotive forums of discontinued models are also quiet/dead, it happens. Life happens. Many Vendors stopped producing accessories for the F6B years ago. The BIKEMP3 rear Rack comes to mind. Yes, over the years some have come, some have gone (you'll see that several early members have sold their bikes through our Classified section), some have unfortunately crashed and decided to not continue, some riders have reached an age where they can no longer ride this fat girl, some have moved on to the full Goldwings, Trikes, BMW's, Harleys, Indians or downsized to a smaller bike and some just didn't want to play within forum rules and took their ball and went home. Some have gone to other forums, violated their rules, created drama, made enemy's and have also worn out their welcome there too. I recently read on another Goldwing forum an exchange between Rocky and one of our former "Experts", it was comical. It reminded me of 2 little girls fighting in a 2nd grade playground, pulling each others hair while crying, biting, screaming and yelling over childish stupidity. You just have to shake your head out of disbelief.

There is a lot of valuable information on this forum from past years, many topics have been regurgitated several times, currently some of us choose to no longer entertain a oil, tire or battery debate with the so called "Experts". Or any debate for what its worth. Until the F6B has a resurgence , don't expect much to change. There is only so much that can be said-posted about a bike that rarely has any issues.

If memory serves me right,
TaxFree was rear-ended (totaled) and never replaced F6B, HornBlower purchased a BMW1600, Steve0080 replaced his F6B with a Full Goldwing, Opas ride gave his F6B to his son and replaced it with a much smaller bike, Dale sold his F6B and purchased a top of the line DirtBike, Pete traded in his F6b for a full goldwing, Calvin sold his F6b and purchased a fancy Jeep, has been off-roading with his local Jeep neighbors etc etc etc and the list goes on.
You hit the nail on the head Tony. I have seen the same thing on my Calif VTX forum http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/index.php?sid=3dc057f05661688ac4284968ad104355 it has slowed way down, but the info and technical data is there and I get hits every day from guys just looking for VTX info.
I suspect there are a few F6B owners who only want technical info and come here only to look stuff up. I read every post every day...be it one or a dozen.
I am always available to help anyone that may have questions on motorcycles in general and specifically the VTX1800, all years of the Rune and the F6B.

Good health to all and may you all have a Happy New Year.'gw-smiley'

F6BLK
12-28-2019, 04:42 PM
Its been a while,, Happy New Year!!

Cali261
12-28-2019, 04:52 PM
Hi all, I check in daily, sometimes several times. This site is a little escape for me and is what I look forward to with my first cup of coffee in the morning. I get it that our numbers are diminishing, but I come here first before I go to the news and get hit with the usual garbage news about Boom-Boom Ditty or someone I don’t know or care about getting booked or some such craziness. I don’t have the technical knowledge to share, but I appreciate those that do. In a perfect world, I would have a beer with each and everyone of you.

Ride safe

jm21ddd15
12-28-2019, 05:40 PM
Agree with all, the numbers are falling, as owners trade, or sell their F6B's. Makes the number of new posts drop. Not to worry, still a boatload of info and technical advice on this forum. It's just another good reason for all of us to get together at next years rally. I rarely ride with more than 1 or 2 other bikes, but the 3 rally's I have attended, were all great fun! All the riders seemed like good riders, and I didn't have to worry about the guys I didn't know. Great bikes, they are. change the oil, tires and air filter, and they just keep going!

honda_dog
12-28-2019, 06:23 PM
Being retired for quite some time now, I frequent the board numerous times a day. When I first joined, there were new posts all the time. Now I see that there has been 1 post since Christmas Eve. I don't have as much experience with the "B" as most of you guys so I am always looking for more information, but it has been R E A L S L O W lately.
I did go to the garage and looked at my "B" today, all snuggled up under the cover waiting for Spring.

I had mine out on Thursday, my son rode my 1983 GS1100E. It was still damp out, but we had a nice ride. I did install a Mustang seat and Show Chrome rear rack, last week. I've been on the forum, but I always forget to take ride pics to post (too busy riding, I guess).

red dog
12-28-2019, 06:35 PM
you can have my f6b when you tear it out of my cold dead hand………purchasing this motorcycle was one of the smartest moves I've ever made…..200 to 700 mile day rides all the time….the canyons ,the desert, the mountains the coast…….how men can live without a motorcycle like this is beyond me……..big wheel spin by the hand of god….little wheel spin by the fire and rod ……every time that wheel spin round ……bound to cover just a little more ground

honda_dog
12-28-2019, 06:40 PM
you can have my f6b when you tear it out of my cold dead hand………purchasing this motorcycle was one of the smartest moves I've ever made…..200 to 700 mile day rides all the time….the canyons ,the desert, the mountains the coast…….how men can live without a motorcycle like this is beyond me……..big wheel spin by the hand of god….little wheel spin by the fire and rod ……every time that wheel spin round ……bound to cover just a little more ground

I agree, I've only had mine a few weeks with little riding time, but I think it's one of the best motorcycle purchases I've ever made.

rdbonds
12-28-2019, 09:25 PM
I agree that it's been a tad slow recently, and I agree that it is related in some ways to the product lifecycle of our bikes. Only produced for a few years, and now a new model with nearly all new parts.

That said, though, our forum here has always been a bit quieter than some others I visit related to other toys I have/had. Back when I had my Road Glide, the Harley touring forums were full of all sorts of "how do I fix X?" or "help me troubleshoot Y" discussions. Same goes for my my other bike that shares the garage with my F6b (a BMW R bike), my 1 ton diesel truck, or my 12 year old twin turbo BMW car. No shortage of "DIY Repair of" threads for various common problems or ways to resolve issues. In some ways, the amount of traffic here is affected by the very, very high level of reliability in our bikes. There's just not as much to fuss and stress over. Of course, that means we have more time to actually ride. :)

Just my 2 cents. :) Happy New Years to all.

BIGLRY
12-28-2019, 10:31 PM
I agree that it's been a tad slow recently, and I agree that it is related in some ways to the product lifecycle of our bikes. Only produced for a few years, and now a new model with nearly all new parts.

That said, though, our forum here has always been a bit quieter than some others I visit related to other toys I have/had. Back when I had my Road Glide, the Harley touring forums were full of all sorts of "how do I fix X?" or "help me troubleshoot Y" discussions. Same goes for my my other bike that shares the garage with my F6b (a BMW R bike), my 1 ton diesel truck, or my 12 year old twin turbo BMW car. No shortage of "DIY Repair of" threads for various common problems or ways to resolve issues. In some ways, the amount of traffic here is affected by the very, very high level of reliability in our bikes. There's just not as much to fuss and stress over. Of course, that means we have more time to actually ride. :)

Yep, own a Honda and you ride more than any others!

Phantom
12-28-2019, 11:17 PM

Yep, own a Honda and you ride more than any others!

Yes indeed,

Well said Gentlemen...... the forum being quiet..... BLAME Honda for building such a reliable machine :nutkick:'gw-smiley'

gadgeteer
12-29-2019, 08:17 AM
Yep. I spend more time riding than writing :cool:

six2go
12-29-2019, 12:00 PM
Must be we just don't have many "authors" among us. For instance, those of you who are also or former VRCC members are aware of Bruce Wood(aka DDT) who has around 700,000 miles on his '99 Valkyrie. No one rides more than he does, but he also posts almost every evening about his adventures of the day when he's on a trip. He writes eloquently and it makes for some very good reading if you are like me and more of a "home body" most of the time except for a couple of weeks a year. My original post wasn't necessarily intended to talk about problems with our bikes, but to inspire more people to share what is going on in their life with the F6B.

Brasco
12-29-2019, 12:20 PM
Must be we just don't have many "authors" among us. For instance, those of you who are also or former VRCC members are aware of Bruce Wood(aka DDT) who has around 700,000 miles on his '99 Valkyrie. No one rides more than he does, but he also posts almost every evening about his adventures of the day when he's on a trip. He writes eloquently and it makes for some very good reading if you are like me and more of a "home body" most of the time except for a couple of weeks a year. My original post wasn't necessarily intended to talk about problems with our bikes, but to inspire more people to share what is going on in their life with the F6B.

Perhaps a New Year's resolution for everyone so inclined . . . even simple posts with pics of day trips and interesting sights along the way are fun to see (especially when it's of far flung areas we don't get a chance to visit ourselves). This could help inject some new life into the site. On that note, I'm probably like a lot of others on here. I have posted so few pics that I always need to go back and try and figure out how to do it again. Need to sort that out so it becomes less hassle. Less hassle should equal more posts.

2wheelsforme
12-29-2019, 04:06 PM
Just to add a new post: Not a new picture but one I like and setting next to my friends expensive HD. 7129

RickW
12-29-2019, 06:02 PM
Just to add a new post: Not a new picture but one I like and setting next to my friends expensive HD. 7129

Here is another with my F6B next to my expensive HD.

Bryster
12-30-2019, 04:52 AM
Still here! Always come and scan, don't post much, I got out my own this weekend. 40 Hours a week on the work bike.. well, kinda makes the car look interesting! :)

red dog
12-30-2019, 09:49 AM
shrunken head and Mardi Gras beads….hangin on a rearview mirror that bleeds….keepin her eye on the open road….no tellin' where that son-abitch goes…..got her doors locked doin' 75 …..don't care to be caught now dead or alive…..seen enough to kill anyones' soul …..keepin ' her eyes on the open road …..keepin'her eyes on the open road…..the open road where the hopeless come ……to see if hope still runs……one by one they bring their broke down loads…..and leave 'em where the hobos dreams are stowed…..out on the open road …..out on the open road……midnight fallen' like a bag of bones…….weighted down now ……the rest with stones…..bouncin' off a river the moon made steel……crackin'off the chrome of steering wheel……any thing back there is burned and dead…..any love they made …..any words they said…..nothing left to do now…..but drop it and roll…….into the lights of the open road…the open road where the hopeless come ….to see if hope still runs …..one by one they bring their broke down loads ….and leave em' where the hobos dreams are stowed……out on the open road…..out on the open road…………………John Hiatt ………the open road

F6Bster
12-30-2019, 07:00 PM
Winter and Holidays!!!!

F6Dave
12-30-2019, 08:54 PM
I just checked the VRCC board and it's way more active than this one. But they post lots of non-Valkyrie stuff, and the bikes are getting old and need more maintenance.

six2go
12-30-2019, 10:18 PM
I just checked the VRCC board and it's way more active than this one. But they post lots of non-Valkyrie stuff, and the bikes are getting old and need more maintenance.

That's true, The VRCC only has 3 boards. The General Board is for everything we have here except for the "Garage" and items for sale so it takes in a lot of topics. Then they have the Tech Board which is like our Garage, and then the Classifieds. I think the busiest topics on the General Board are Guns and politics. Not sayin' one layout is better than the other, they're just different.

Cali261
12-31-2019, 07:28 PM
Likely my last post for this decade! Happy New Year, and many great miles of safe riding to all...
(It’s going to be one hell of a hangover after tonight’s celebrations!)

Last link this year....

https://www.zabikers.co.za/2019/09/16/honda-goldwing-gl1800-the-quintessential-ultra-long-distance-tour-de-force/

Coondawg07
01-02-2020, 10:00 AM
I used to check the forum multiple times a day. With the current decline, my visits have also waned. I am mostly a lurker though. 'readinstructions'

Ewreck
01-02-2020, 10:31 AM
This forum was/is great for people who recently purchased a B. Lots of info and dos n don’ts but as far as just bsing, not so much. There were a few guys on here that I no longer see who made this board IMO. Not a fan of threads or posts being deleted at someone’s whim but it’s not my website.

red dog
01-03-2020, 07:28 AM
lack of interest ,lack of money, lack of time, age related health problems……..one friend recently sold his bmw k1600 then purchased ducati diavel ,went to the doctor ,found out he has a brain tumor and a lung tumor ,another friend rode off a cliff in Simi Valley ,mangled both shoulders and will never ride again….my close friend got into an accident in death valley which resulted in a fatality …….vietnam vet who was riding with us in the back of the back of the pack was not paying attention and crashed into a road sighn another fatality……..the list goes on……these I mention have occurred since I bought my f6b in 2014…….I got out of the hospital two days ago after having surgery on my left carotid artery…….my right carotid has been been completely destroyed………I intend to ride as long as the powers that be will allow it……thank god for the open road……stick together…..turn to the light as best you can…….if you love somebody ………….tell 'em…...

Shadowaero
01-03-2020, 08:18 PM
1100 views in 8 days! I would NOT call this board dead.

Shadowaero
01-03-2020, 08:33 PM
I am new to this forum only a few posts so far. I bought my F6b about 3 months ago. My previous bike (need to sell it) is a 2002 Shadow Aero. Loved that bike. But today i tried to ride it for the first time since i bought the f6B, and i realized how a F6B is meant for me. My guess is in next 2-3 years i will buy a used or leftover 2019 Gold Wing DCT. I want cruise control, ABS, Nav etc. I plan to put a minimum of 15-20k on this Goldwing first unless i give in early.

Navvet
01-04-2020, 12:19 AM
You hit the nail on the head Tony. I have seen the same thing on my Calif VTX forum http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/index.php?sid=3dc057f05661688ac4284968ad104355 it has slowed way down, but the info and technical data is there and I get hits every day from guys just looking for VTX info.
I suspect there are a few F6B owners who only want technical info and come here only to look stuff up. I read every post every day...be it one or a dozen.
I am always available to help anyone that may have questions on motorcycles in general and specifically the VTX1800, all years of the Rune and the F6B.

Good health to all and may you all have a Happy New Year.'gw-smiley'

You're right Larry, but I'm still here.

Haven't been riding much this year, been busy building a new house. Too tired at the end of the day to even turn the computer on .....

2020 will be a good riding year for the wife and I.

F6wannaB
01-05-2020, 09:56 AM
I hope this forum continues to thrive. I have gotten lots of information and more importantly inspiration from the posters on this site. With my total lack of mechanical skills there is not much info I can add to the contributors of this site. I do check in, read and learn and I thank you all. These are the ideas that I put to use!713571367137

grendl
01-06-2020, 07:48 PM
I am quilty of not visiting as often as I used to but when time allows I stop in.Figured I'd post to have some action..and say that I think this is probably one of the best forums around.For information,humor and attitude feels like I kinda know a lot of the members.
Still love my F6,even though starting to have thoughts about the new gold wing -mainly for the walking forward and reverse features. Not in love with figuring out how to ride an automatic though - we'll see.
Hate to admit it but this body is having trouble with the weight of my favorite girl but I have no plans to sell or trade her even if I get the new one.Let's keep it going - like my bike many great memories here,many great miles on my F6B. And she is f$#@ing GORGEOUS !

Mcrydernut
01-07-2020, 05:32 AM
I am guilty of lurking and not posting or commenting. This site has provided me with a lot of good information without feeling the need to comment, in fact most times the questions I have are already asked and answered. Thanks to everyone who posts on a regular basis and especially those who answer technical questions.

Switchmonkey
01-07-2020, 05:11 PM
There was a cool thing on the m109r forum I used be on. They had a sort of competition that kept guys busy on their bikes.

One guy started way back...named an item and the first one to take a photo of their bike in front of that item claimed the next item and so on.

Sure, it was always the same handful of folks posting, but it kept us coming back to see what was up.

Sorcerer
01-07-2020, 07:42 PM
Naming parts manufacturers tends to be problematic on this sight.

Cali261
01-07-2020, 11:54 PM
There was a cool thing on the m109r forum I used be on. They had a sort of competition that kept guys busy on their bikes.

One guy started way back...named an item and the first one to take a photo of their bike in front of that item claimed the next item and so on.

Sure, it was always the same handful of folks posting, but it kept us coming back to see what was up.

You mean like someone would say “strip club” and first one to post a picture of “Brittany” sitting on your bike would win?

SeaSteve
01-08-2020, 10:20 AM
You mean like someone would say “strip club” and first one to post a picture of “Brittany” sitting on your bike would win?

The VTXOA calls it an "20XX Unofficial Scavenger Hunt"

Here is a re-post of the rules...

A mark/tag is named and the first person to take a photo of their bike with that particular category (AND POST IT ON THE FORUM) gets to name the next mark/tag and it continues.
No old photos allowed. You must ride to the mark after it has been named and your bike needs to be in the picture. Obviously, you cannot claim your own mark.

Try to make the target something accessible to most riders, so not too obscure.

If a mark is unclaimed for a lengthy amount of time, the last finder can name a new category to keep things moving along. However, I am not going to stipulate any particular amount of time. We're a casual group.

And that's it. Get out and ride! And post pics to encourage others to do the same.

jm21ddd15
01-08-2020, 10:52 AM
Sounds fun. Now, just around 3 more months of snow, here, then I can join the fun. :shrug:

Elroy
01-08-2020, 12:02 PM
I am guilty of lurking and not posting or commenting. This site has provided me with a lot of good information without feeling the need to comment, in fact most times the questions I have are already asked and answered. Thanks to everyone who posts on a regular basis and especially those who answer technical questions.

I second this. Have loved this site since I joined.

blackmetoc
01-12-2020, 09:23 AM
The new Wing was not directed at old Wing riders. It was an attempt to bring in new blood. I have ridden one and it IS a very smooth ride. The new tech is very nice. I will eventually switch over, but not for a year or two.

Ewreck
01-12-2020, 09:54 AM
Naming parts manufacturers tends to be problematic on this sight.

Especially if it starts with a M and ends with a D.

bob109
01-13-2020, 08:23 PM
For a Forum that is suppose to be near dead, there are currently 11,615 Viewers on line, with 208 of those viewing the "Dark Side"! Those numbers would indicate we are alive and well! With actual posts down, there's still great interest in "content"!

six2go
01-14-2020, 10:41 AM
When I made the original post in this thread, I didn't consider "views" as being board activity as most others seem to. I was referring to new posts and threads being added to. There doesn't seem to be much "back and forth" chit-chat so to speak. Not that it's a bad thing, just different than another forum I frequent where there is discussion about motorcycles, guns, politics, plumbing repairs, trips, and many other subjects all on one board, where here we have many sub - boards that separate things which made the "General Board" seem slow to me by comparison. No biggie, just making an observation. Carry on guys.:039:

Ewreck
01-14-2020, 01:13 PM
When I made the original post in this thread, I didn't consider "views" as being board activity as most others seem to. I was referring to new posts and threads being added to. There doesn't seem to be much "back and forth" chit-chat so to speak. Not that it's a bad thing, just different than another forum I frequent where there is discussion about motorcycles, guns, politics, plumbing repairs, trips, and many other subjects all on one board, where here we have many sub - boards that separate things which made the "General Board" seem slow to me by comparison. No biggie, just making an observation. Carry on guys.:039:
Some people like to look but not touch.

JackB
01-15-2020, 07:46 AM

When I'm on this site I click on What's New and that shows all the different boards.
I also go the other forum that you do go on, which I enjoy but I don't need to know about some of the personal problems some members also have. (cookie-dough comes to mind).

six2go
01-15-2020, 11:05 AM
When I'm on this site I click on What's New and that shows all the different boards.
I also go the other forum that you do go on, which I enjoy but I don't need to know about some of the personal problems some members also have. (cookie-dough comes to mind).

Yeah, Cookie is a real treat.:rolleyes: