PDA

View Full Version : Oil and what I've learned

2wheelsforme
01-06-2020, 06:12 PM
FROM MULTIPLE FORUMS: (10-30 is perfect. 10-40 is OK but not really needed as this is not a HD. Use Honda oil and not worry. Honda oil is just some one elses oil with Honda on the label. Car oil is OK and even good if Mobile one or Rotellia. You must use motorcycle specific oil only. Syn oil is worth the high cost specially if you want to go long periods without changing. Syn can cause detrimental things to happen to your clutch. Amsoil is the best. Amsoil will make your clutch slip and your engine leak. Change oil at 3K, change oil at 5K, change when the book says at 8K. If using syn you can go even longer. Always change the crush washer, no need to ever change the crush washer.) :) Not interested to hear what you do and how it has always worked just fine because no one cares. But if you want to add more tidbits of info even conflicting ones go ahead. Yep!

six2go
01-06-2020, 06:37 PM
FROM MULTIPLE FORUMS: (10-30 is perfect. 10-40 is OK but not really needed as this is not a HD. Use Honda oil and not worry. Honda oil is just some one elses oil with Honda on the label. Car oil is OK and even good if Mobile one or Rotellia. You must use motorcycle specific oil only. Syn oil is worth the high cost specially if you want to go long periods without changing. Syn can cause detrimental things to happen to your clutch. Amsoil is the best. Amsoil will make your clutch slip and your engine leak. Change oil at 3K, change oil at 5K, change when the book says at 8K. If using syn you can go even longer. Always change the crush washer, no need to ever change the crush washer.) :) Not interested to hear what you do and how it has always worked just fine because no one cares. But if you want to add more tidbits of info even conflicting ones go ahead. Yep!

I try to do all of this with most of these products at least 3 times a year.:cheers:

TheWalrus
01-06-2020, 07:19 PM
And remember, since you're already working on the bike and have all the plastic off for the oil change, go ahead and pop in that new air cleaner. Honda OEM only, others won't fit. Then switch to the better fitting and longer life K&N and oil it well. But don't oil it. Too much oiling restricts flow. No oil lets all the debris straight through.

Ewreck
01-06-2020, 09:35 PM
Torq Loopz. 38.732 psi in front tire, unless you have Traxxion then it’s 35.69. Ford F-150 tire on rear with Dnya beads and nitrogen. MONEY.

dksmith
01-07-2020, 08:42 AM
Break in by gently rolling on and keeping RPM below 3500; ride it like you stole it.

2wheelsforme
01-07-2020, 10:39 AM
Break in by gently rolling on and keeping RPM below 3500; ride it like you stole it.

Perfect: Yes I have read both those suggestions. LOL

thunder217
01-07-2020, 10:42 AM
All I can say to all of it is LOL

BIGLRY
01-07-2020, 12:45 PM
Always warm up a cold engine before riding...Turn key, start cold engine and ride, it is EFI no problems.

billsim
01-07-2020, 02:15 PM
Always use 1st gear from standing start.
Always use 2nd gear from a standing start since 1st is too short.

honda_dog
01-07-2020, 02:42 PM

I have just learned many things I may or may not have already known....

Ewreck
01-07-2020, 04:03 PM
Counter clockwise swirls while reciting alphabet on her cl......oops wrong forum.

BIGLRY
01-08-2020, 03:11 PM
Counter clockwise swirls while reciting alphabet on her cl......oops wrong forum.
:icon_rolleyes: Now that's funny I don't care who ya are. :wheelchair wheelie:

Ewreck
01-08-2020, 11:48 PM
:icon_rolleyes: Now that's funny I don't care who ya are. :wheelchair wheelie:

Commiefornia took all my money but left my sense of humor.

BIGLRY
01-09-2020, 11:16 AM
Commiefornia took all my money but left my sense of humor.Well, I don't have any money to give and by living in "Commiefornia" I had to develop a sense of humor if I wanted to continue living here.shot his foot

Oh, and to keep on subject line: A car tire on the rear of my F6B is the best ride I ever had.....If you run a car tire on the rear of your F6B you are immediately going to crash and burn, going down in flames.

Ewreck
01-09-2020, 02:36 PM
Blondes on the back of my bike make it more fun><Brunettes on the back of my bike make it more fun. D cups on the back of my bike make it the funnest.