PDA

View Full Version : Car vs bike

Mustangjake
12-05-2013, 11:14 PM
On Nov 23 a car made a u turn in front of my best friend of over 24 years Diane.
She was on her husband (Paul's) new Harley street glide. Paul worked with my dad at the post office at Tampa airport till my dad retired (small world).
She broke right wrist right ankle right foot spiral break of her left upper arm ruptured spleen.
She got out of the hospital yesterday.

Today was my wife's 48 th birthday! ( I can say that she never reads this) so any way she went to the store because she needed tea she went to leave the parking lot and realized the car coming was way over the 40 mph limit swerved to stop hit the curve bike landed on her ! Luckily X-rays say no broken bones bruised butt + side by the ribs. She was on her new bike CTX700D I bought her to replace her shadow. Happy Birthday Honey.

Both could have been way worse lucky they are both still here!

Be carful out there guys and girls

motozeke
12-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Glad to hear they're both OK.

How's the CTX working out?

FlaMike
12-06-2013, 06:14 AM
Sorry to here about those 2 gals. Sucks about the CTX. Best wishes to both.

This time of yr spooks me the most. Drivers in a hurry to get somewhere and not paying attention. And we don't even have snow or ice!

Scotrod
12-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Seems like some days, a person just cannot win.

Glad everyone is on the mend!!!

austin_tech
12-06-2013, 12:06 PM
On Nov 23 a car made a u turn in front of my best friend of over 24 years Diane.
She was on her husband (Paul's) new Harley street glide. Paul worked with my dad at the post office at Tampa airport till my dad retired (small world).
She broke right wrist right ankle right foot spiral break of her left upper arm ruptured spleen.

Today was my wife's 48 th birthday! ( I can say that she never reads this) so any way she went to the store because she needed tea she went to leave the parking lot and realized the car coming was way over the 40 mph limit swerved to stop hit the curve bike landed on her ! Luckily X-rays say no broken bones bruised butt + side by the ribs. She was on her new bike CTX700D I bought her to replace her shadow. Happy Birthday Honey.

Glad to hear stories where the rider is able to ride another day. I think it is important to hear these stories to keep focus on the risks, realities, and physics of our riding pastime.

Many safe, fun miles ahead to everyone.

BigO
12-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Glad to hear everyone's ok.

RickW
12-07-2013, 12:55 PM

Happy that everyone is OK.
Have to always keep in the back of your mind that it is always a possibility and a little bit of safety equipment will go a long ways if something does happen.
Rick

Mustangjake
12-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Luckily they both where wearing there gear so no cuts or open wounds.
The CTX is cool the auto trans is so cool but kind of lugs along if you are not on the gas.