PDA

View Full Version : Corbin Smuggler Seat

GONRDN
12-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Has anyone purchased this seat yet? I'm alittle confused on how to open the side bags. By the pictures, I don't see the latches. And I cant find anything on their site about the latches. If you got one, post some pics. Thanks.

Steve 0080
12-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Look up " Hook " he has one ! or so a search...

jkelley
12-06-2013, 12:29 PM
I think I read they open from under the smuggler cover.

GONRDN
12-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Thanks Steve, just found that post with pics.
Thanks JK. Now I get it.

Phantom
12-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Towards the end of this thread you can see Terri's

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?246-Hollister-Rally

MSGT-R
12-07-2013, 01:19 AM
The posts stick up through holes in the trunk floor. Corbin provides sleeves to put over the posts to make them easier to push with your thumb. You still have to unlock your saddlebags with the key first.

GONRDN
12-07-2013, 10:43 AM
The posts stick up through holes in the trunk floor. Corbin provides sleeves to put over the posts to make them easier to push with your thumb. You still have to unlock your saddlebags with the key first.

I love it, I want one now.

MSGT-R
12-07-2013, 07:59 PM
The trunk section can be replaced with a back seat when needed. The main complaint on the forums is battery access. With the new seat, battery access cannot not be done because of side cover removal (the seat holds them in too tight). As long as the battery has been serviced and the terminals clean and tight, that shouldn't be a problem. Just keep the proper tools in your saddlebag and it should be good-to-go.

GONRDN
12-07-2013, 09:13 PM
So what your're saying is I have to take the seat off to get to fuses and battery? Hmmmmm, don't know if I like that. But I may pull the trigger for it anyways.

MSGT-R
12-08-2013, 01:23 AM
Ummm.. maybe, but how often do you currently need to access these areas?

GONRDN
12-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Ummm.. maybe, but how often do you currently need to access these areas?

Hopefully the only time I'd need to is when I sell it in 10 years. :icon_lol:

Steve 0080
12-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Sorry...but for me I am missing the big deal about removing the side panels.....so you have to take the seat off...I have had my seat off many times installing electronics and just felt it was part of the deal.....Set the shock, wire your stuff in and forget it..... JMHO

Scotrod
12-08-2013, 10:50 AM
As long as the battery has been serviced and the terminals clean and tight, that shouldn't be a problem. Just keep the proper tools in your saddlebag and it should be good-to-go.

I agree. Never heard so much fuss about removing a seat till I came here.

If ya like the Corbin, BUY IT and carry a couple small tools in the unlikely event you'll ever need to access something behind the covers while out on the road. I carry a helluvalot more tools with me than that at all times!

Perhaps those that complain are incapable of taking a seat off? :shrug: I can see that, but dang, if they can't get the seat off, what are they going to do once they get the panels off anyway?? Call AAA?

Corbin with the 'Smuggler" is far enough apart from any other manufacturers offerings to not be considered an 'all things equal' type of seat decision,,, If one thinks a Corbin, a Mustang, an Ultimate, a RDL,,,,, "pretty much all the same,,, but I'll cross Corbin off because it affects side panel removal,,,"

I find that logic,,,, fascinating,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxTG79yb0Rc

GONRDN
12-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Sorry I was be sarcastic. Just never comes out right in a thread. And coming from a HD Road King, I pretty much carry every tool to tear the bike apart at a moments notice. I'm still getting one.