PDA

View Full Version : Input on aftermarket backrests

Vandal
01-28-2020, 07:47 PM
Hey guys, considering both the Utopia and Show Chrome backrests but my primary concern is horizontal movement. Does the Utopia move forward a bit as much as the Show Chrome? I ask because my seat was slightly modified at the lumbar area to give it about an inch more padding so I worry if one or the other does not move forward a bit, it may be too far back for me. Any recommendations are welcomed, thank you.

Travelor
01-29-2020, 06:09 PM
I use the Utopia one, and it has plenty of fore-aft movement. The actual mounting position is pretty well fixed but there is a pivot above the seat cover that allows it to move fore and aft. Also height adjustments.

Sorcerer
01-29-2020, 09:33 PM
On my first F6B I had the Utopia. When tilted far enough forward for it to reach me, when I hit a bump it would punch me in the back. I had to put a 1 1/2” spacer between the 2 half’s of the bracket that the pad is attached to. On my second F6B I went with the Show Chrome as the mounting point where it comes out of the seat is 1”+ forward of the Utopia. Ya I’ve got short arms and legs.

Vandal
01-30-2020, 06:37 AM
I guess I should get out in the garage and measure from the front of the seat edge to where the back support is on the stock modified seat so I know what I am dealing with. My biggest fear is that I buy one of them and get it mounted and it's too far from my back.