PDA

View Full Version : Colorado "No Frills" Gathering - September 14, 2020 - Lodging and Dates!

jmdaniel
02-12-2020, 02:39 PM
EDITED!!!!!!!! CHANGE IN HOTELS!!!! NO MORE SUPER 8!!!!

I know there was some interest in staying at the Holiday Inn Express, but when I first set this up, it was booked both weekends. Well.... with this little thing called Covid-19, the group that comes in every year, and had the whole hotel booked the first weekend we were considering, cancelled earlier today, so there are now rooms! They don't reserve a block for less than 10, and with the relatively low lack of interest so far, I didn't want to vouch for 10. Rates are currently $104.98 for non refundable, and $116.42 for refundable, if you book on IHG.

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/find-hotels/hotel/list?fromRedirect=true&qAms=null&qSrt=sBR&qDest=Montrose,%20CO,%20USA&setPMCookies=true&srb_u=1
(https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/find-hotels/hotel/list?fromRedirect=true&qAms=null&qSrt=sBR&qDest=Montrose,%20CO,%20USA&setPMCookies=true&srb_u=1)
I've booked for 9/14-19. If you want to add your name to the list coming, don't dawdle. The hotel is filling fast, now that it is available again.

Dates:

9/14-20 (this is a window, not everyone will be there the entire time)

Main Lodging:

Holiday Inn Express and Suites
1391 S Townsend Ave
Montrose, CO 81401
(970) 240-1800

When you get your room booked, circle back here and let me know, so I can keep a running total. I'm looking forward to it, and yes, I may TRAILER MY B AGAIN! :p

Booked at Holiday Inn Express:

jmdaniel (Jeff) 9/14-19
AZ Wingrider (Dwight) 9/14-20
Brad Clark 9/14-19
Kevin McCormick 9/14-19
F6Bster (Dave) 9/14-19
Audiochris90 (Chris) 9/14-19

Booked at Roadway Inn:

SeaSteve (Steve) 9/13-18

F6Bster
02-12-2020, 07:16 PM
Mark me down as a probable. I’ll be there if my lower back permits—it is a mess. I’m on a major program right now for eating healthy and losing weight. Got to get weight off the back or I won’t be doing much of anything! Have dropped 17 pounds since Dec 30th so it is working so far—working with doctor and nutritionist to help me stay on the program for the rest of my life. Getting an epidural next Tuesday and am hoping for some temporary relief. I won’t repeat what my doctor said about riding, but I’ve been hearing that for many years.

So, I plan to be there. As we discussed, I am pretty picky about lodging, especially bedding) and for the past 5-8 years I’ve been staying at the Hampton Inn in Montrose, and I’ve booked there for 17-20 September. More expensive (I got AAA rate of $136/night with two Queen beds, plus tax), but I like their beds and breakfast. I’ll hang out with everyone else in the evenings at the Super, but will stay at the Hampton.

Montrose is such a great location with great rides. For anyone coming, make the trip even longer if you can. I already have routes and GPS files available and will post to this thread one day soon while it is snowing here in Colorado. Think:

—San Juan Skyway: Montrose > Ridgeway> Ouray > Million Dollar Highway > Red Mountain Pass > Silverton > Molas Pass > Coal Bank Pass > Durango > Mancos > Delores > Rico > Lizard Head Pass > Telluride > Placerville > Dallas Divide > Ridgeway > Montrose (or reverse)

—Unaweep-Tebaguache: Montrose > Delta > Whitewater > Unaweep Divide > Gateway > Delores River Canyon > Naturita > Norwood > San Miguel Canyon > Placerville > Dallas Divide > Ridgeway > Montrose (or reverse)

—Black Canyon: Montrose > Delta > Notchkiss > Crawford > North Rim if Bkack Canyon (not the park north side as it is dirt, but CO-92 along the North Rim) > Blue Mesa Dam > US-50 west > Blue Mesa Summit > Cerro Summit > Black Canyon National Park South Rim > Ride to the River Canyon bottom > Ride South Rim > Montrose (or reverse)

Colorado National Monument - Grand Mesa: Montrose > Delta > Grand Junction > Colorado National Monument (East Entrance) > Rim Drive > West Entrance/Exit > Fruita > I-70 East > CO-65 > Grand Mesa > Cedaredge > CO-92 > Delta > US-50 East >Montrose (or reverse)

There’s more but these are the best!!!

Az Wingrider
02-12-2020, 10:41 PM
I will call and book a room as soon as I get home. So count me in. Thanks for your work on this.

gadgeteer
02-13-2020, 08:01 AM
Hey F6Bster, Hope you can make it.
Looks like you'd be close for those evening get-togethers.
Not far from each other...

jmdaniel
02-13-2020, 09:08 AM
So, I plan to be there. As we discussed, I am pretty picky about lodging, especially bedding) and for the past 5-8 years I’ve been staying at the Hampton Inn in Montrose, and I’ve booked there for 17-20 September. More expensive (I got AAA rate of $136/night with two Queen beds, plus tax), but I like their beds and breakfast. I’ll hang out with everyone else in the evenings at the Super, but will stay at the Hampton.

Yeah, I know what you mean about lodging. I was hesitant about a Super8, due to the Cortez experience, and had thought about the Hampton Inn. I decided against it, for a couple of reasons. First of all, I was trying to be mindful of the cost; $150+ per night, after tax is charged, might be kinda meaty for some. Also, the Hampton Inn is a bit out there, as far as I can tell from the map, and not really walking distance to dining establishments. I thought the Super8 was better, with regard to those factors, and the ratings for the place, (4.5/5 vs. 3.5/5 for Cortez), makes me hopeful.

Hope to see you in September!

F6Bster
02-13-2020, 10:01 AM
You are correct on all accounts. Yep, no restaurants in walking distance of the Hampton. Now Jimmr's BBQ is located in the odl Red Barn -- pretty good BBQ. Hope others can join us. Great riding and a great time of the year as the leaves will be turning at the higher elevations.

Include me on the list of attendees (but staying at Hampton). I plan to attend. Hopefully on bike. If not that, then I'll drive over!!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean about lodging. I was hesitant about a Super8, due to the Cortez experience, and had thought about the Hampton Inn. I decided against it, for a couple of reasons. First of all, I was trying to be mindful of the cost; $150+ per night, after tax is charged, might be kinda meaty for some. Also, the Hampton Inn is a bit out there, as far as I can tell from the map, and not really walking distance to dining establishments. I thought the Super8 was better, with regard to those factors, and the ratings for the place, (4.5/5 vs. 3.5/5 for Cortez), makes me hopeful.

Hope to see you in September!

F6Bster
02-13-2020, 10:03 AM
Me too. Everything's easy to get to in Montrose, so I'll be hanging out for sure. Hope to get to ride with you again.

Hey F6Bster, Hope you can make it.
Looks like you'd be close for those evening get-togethers.
Not far from each other...

yabiah
02-13-2020, 10:37 AM
I can't plan that far ahead at the moment, but I'll try to make it.

Elroy
02-13-2020, 04:24 PM
I can't plan that far ahead at the moment, but I'll try to make it.

^ This.

CNC Nut
02-14-2020, 01:31 AM
^ This.

For me too. Weather could be a factor for me being so far north. But I would love to attend.

f6bcarider
02-14-2020, 08:47 PM
I just wanted to say thank you JM Daniels.. I haven't booked yet to soon for me to plan.. but it is on my to due list thank you Ernie

ReserveBum
02-15-2020, 09:51 AM
There is going to be a bunch of Wings and F6B's. in Montrose that week. On another wing forum, they have a "Rockies Gold" trip same time frame. They are staying at the Black Canyon Motel.

jmdaniel
02-15-2020, 10:07 AM
I just wanted to say thank you JM Daniels.. I haven't booked yet to soon for me to plan.. but it is on my to due list thank you Ernie

My pleasure, and the name is Jeff. See you in September!

F6Bster
02-16-2020, 03:29 PM
Probably be some people there for that one that I know. Will have to check out the attendees as we get closer. I organized the first three Rockies-Gold gatherings -- 2007 and 2008 in Montrose (different times of the year) and 2010 at Copper Mountain. 300-400 people at each. Was pretty amazing gatherings and riding!!! They became too much work too many times. I was always a bit anal thus a big of planning and work, but they were fantastic events. Glad someone is still putting them together.

There is going to be a bunch of Wings and F6B's. in Montrose that week. On another wing forum, they have a "Rockies Gold" trip same time frame. They are staying at the Black Canyon Motel.

Skromfols
02-17-2020, 01:07 PM
I just saw this and would love to attend. I'm scheduled for an ATV Jamboree in Utah that week, but if anything changes on the Jamboree I'll be attending this event. I would love to meet other F6B owners and see the accessories and modifications that others have come up with.

dustytrader
02-20-2020, 05:49 PM
I'm going to try an make this as well. Probably won't get there until Friday though. It's on my calendar

jmdaniel
02-21-2020, 09:18 AM
I'm going to try an make this as well. Probably won't get there until Friday though. It's on my calendar

Get a room booked, so I can add you to the list!

jmdaniel
02-27-2020, 10:20 AM
Bump! Who's coming with us?

Az Wingrider
03-11-2020, 09:21 AM
I just checked with the Super 8 and Jeff and I are still the only ones who have booked a room. This is a fabulous riding area and a great time to be in the area. The leaves should be turning at the higher elevations and the temps should still be good.

Hopefully more of you can joins us. F6bster, Jeff and I will love to show you some of the great routes.

Az Wingrider

jmdaniel
03-11-2020, 10:41 AM
I just checked with the Super 8 and Jeff and I are still the only ones who have booked a room. This is a fabulous riding area and a great time to be in the area. The leaves should be turning at the higher elevations and the temps should still be good.

Hopefully more of you can joins us. F6bster, Jeff and I will love to show you some of the great routes.

Az Wingrider

Dwight, I also think we should open this up to other riders, considering the slow uptake. I've let a gal that I ride with from time to time know about it, and she rides one of those things your employer sells. As far as I'm concerned, I don't discriminate, and the rooms should be first come, first served, especially since they can be cancelled, up to a day before the event.

I wish you were in Texas; I'm mapping routes to knock out the 50 stops in the Grand Tour of Texas. And if I make them all, I will definitely be trailering to Montrose...

Az Wingrider
03-11-2020, 11:41 AM
I agree, everyone who wants to join us is welcome.

Az Wingrider

SeaSteve
03-11-2020, 12:00 PM
Okay, after spending way too much time on the phone, here are the dates and details for the 2020 F6B Rally (West):

Dates:
9/17-20

Lodging:
Super 8
1705 East Main Street
Montrose, Colorado 81401
(970) 240-8200

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/super-8/montrose-colorado/super-8-montrose-co/overview

I've booked a block of 8 rooms, at $98.04 per night each. You can request either 2 Queens or 1 King, and when you call in, mention 2020F6B as the code. Be sure and call the number listed above; if you call another, there is a good chance you will get Wyndham Corporate, and they won't give you that rate. You will get to talk to someone in the Philippines, (like I did on three separate occasions yesterday), but it won't be fun. I know there were a dozen or so respondents to the poll, but I'm not counting on everyone committing and showing; that's why I requested 8. However, if there are more than 8 signed up, and there are still rooms available, I am sure the manager will honor the rate. Just don't dawdle, like I said, September is the hottest month of the year in Montrose. The manager also said he would keep the block reserved up until 9/3, or 14 days before we are to arrive. If there are not 8 spoken for at that time, he won't hold them. The rooms can be cancelled, up to the prior day, with no penalty.

The get together is a FULL half a year away! I don't usually plan THAT far ahead, more like two months out. We also have a world wide event that could changing every ones travel plans.

I'll make reservations later today and update here when confirmed. I do understand I can cancel the day prior WITH NO PENALTY!

Note: I'm doing the Texas Grand Tour also but plan to hit the northern Tour Stops on the way up and back.

jmdaniel
03-11-2020, 01:26 PM
The get together is a FULL half a year away! I don't usually plan THAT far ahead, more like two months out. We also have a world wide event that could changing every ones travel plans.

I'll make reservations later today and update here when confirmed. I do understand I can cancel the day prior WITH NO PENALTY!

Note: I'm doing the Texas Grand Tour also but plan to hit the northern Tour Stops on the way up and back.

Well, it wasn't easy to get a block of rooms for that month, in that place, so dawdle at your risk.

jmdaniel
05-08-2020, 08:02 AM
Bumpity bump...

F6Bster
05-08-2020, 01:22 PM
We are going to be ready to ride!!! I may have to arrive on Wednesday instead of Thursday!

Az Wingrider
05-09-2020, 07:47 AM
I also plan to be there a day or two early to get in some extra riding. I didn't make my usual spring trip to Colorado this year so I have some catching up to do.

jmdaniel
05-11-2020, 06:58 AM
I also plan to be there a day or two early to get in some extra riding. I didn't make my usual spring trip to Colorado this year so I have some catching up to do.

I'll probably be there early as well. The wife's brother postponed his wedding to next year, so I don't have to burn a week of vacation to go to that. :)

F6Joe
05-11-2020, 10:41 AM
I went to the Super 8 page, header talks about limiting essential / non-essential travel.... Don't think that by then it will be that way, and right now they have an abundance of rooms, still. Would sure like to attend.

SeaSteve
05-11-2020, 11:06 AM
I have officially reserved a room for 17 - 20 September.

jmdaniel
05-12-2020, 08:45 AM
I have officially reserved a room for 17 - 20 September.

List updated. How is your GT2020 coming along? I did 813 miles last Saturday, knocking out 4 more, including the post office in Texarkana.

SeaSteve
05-12-2020, 10:05 AM
I'm considering getting all the "North-East" of Houston spots on Memorial Day Weekend. I've gotten 19 done including Amarillo and South Padre.

jmdaniel
05-12-2020, 11:48 AM
I'm considering getting all the "North-East" of Houston spots on Memorial Day Weekend. I've gotten 19 done including Amarillo and South Padre.

I'm going to do Amarillo as part of a western swing, most likely this fall, and including Big Bend.

F6Bster
05-20-2020, 10:30 AM
I just added one more night to my lodging at the Hampton Inn. I'll be arriving on Wednesday instead of Thursday, so will be able to do three full days of riding!!!

jmdaniel
06-01-2020, 07:26 AM
Two more are coming, my buddy Brad that just retired from Polaris, and a friend of his. For those who have booked rooms, look for a PM from me, I'm gauging interest in upgrading the location...

blackmetoc
06-04-2020, 09:25 PM
I have already planned a trip out in July. I will miss this trip. But I will be riding in NM, UT, and CO, fast highway rides to and fro

Az Wingrider
06-25-2020, 07:00 PM
I just changed my reservation to the Holiday Inn. I will be arriving on Tuesday Sept 15th and staying through to the 20th. I am looking forward to seeing and riding with everyone.

Az Wingrider

jmdaniel
06-26-2020, 12:15 PM
I'll be at the Holiday Inn from Monday, September 14th to Saturday, September 19th.

Az Wingrider
06-26-2020, 04:00 PM
For those of you that are interested the hotel and dates for the West No Frills Rally have changed. The new hotel is Holiday Inn Express in Montrose Colorado and the dates are going to be from Sept 14th to the 20th. Its going to be very informal and you don't need to be there the entire time. JMDANIEL did most of the legwork setting this up and he can give you more info if you want it. This is a great riding area with lots of great roads and in late September we will probably see the leaves changing in the higher elevations. I was just in Colorado earlier this week and everything is good. Lots of places require face covering but most places are open and trying hard to earn your business.

If you aren't doing anything in late September come ride with us and see scenery that you will never forget. The San Juan Mountains are as good as it gets for riding country.

Ride safe
Az Wingrider

jmdaniel
06-29-2020, 09:28 AM
BUMP! If you're on the fence, get your room booked now! The rooms are first come, first served, and they will go fast! If you choose to pay the refundable rate, you can cancel up to a couple of days prior!

F6Bster
06-29-2020, 10:41 AM
I'm still planning to be there Wednesday evening through Sunday morning. Still at the Hampton Inn. Hoping that my long-time riding buddy will be with me on his Valk.

jmdaniel
06-29-2020, 11:29 AM
For those of you that are interested the hotel and dates for the West No Frills Rally have changed. The new hotel is Holiday Inn Express in Montrose Colorado and the dates are going to be from Sept 14th to the 20th. Its going to be very informal and you don't need to be there the entire time. JMDANIEL did most of the legwork setting this up and he can give you more info if you want it. This is a great riding area with lots of great roads and in late September we will probably see the leaves changing in the higher elevations. I was just in Colorado earlier this week and everything is good. Lots of places require face covering but most places are open and trying hard to earn your business.

If you aren't doing anything in late September come ride with us and see scenery that you will never forget. The San Juan Mountains are as good as it gets for riding country.

Ride safe
Az Wingrider

What he said!!!

SeaSteve
06-29-2020, 04:19 PM
I'm willing to change hotels. (Since I'm "cheap" I may go with the Roadway Inn right across the street from the Holiday Inn Express)...Just, what days is the question.

Jeff, looks like you've changed to earlier days in the week so what are the dates NOW? Spending Monday-Friday there with the two two-day weekends to travel to and from Central Texas, works for me.

What days are the rest of the rest of you looking at.

jmdaniel
06-30-2020, 06:24 AM
I'm willing to change hotels. (Since I'm "cheap" I may go with the Roadway Inn right across the street from the Holiday Inn Express)...Just, what days is the question.

Jeff, looks like you've changed to earlier days in the week so what are the dates NOW? Spending Monday-Friday there with the two two-day weekends to travel to and from Central Texas, works for me.

Steve, the dates are whatever anyone wants them to be. 2 years ago in Cortez, Dwight and I got there a day before most others, and I left on Saturday, not Sunday. Come and go as you please, this is the No Frills Rally.

I'll add the dates that I know of to the first post, but don't hold me to anything but my own dates...

Az Wingrider
06-30-2020, 08:09 AM

I have changed my reservation to arrive on the 14th and will probably leave on Sunday the 20th. I was just in the San Juan's last week and the area is looking great. The restaurants are mostly open and the roads are not crowded. It should be good riding in September. As Jeff said arrive when you want and leave when you need to, I anticipate a very relaxed and fluid gathering.

Ride safe
Az Wingrider

jmdaniel
06-30-2020, 08:29 AM
I have changed my reservation to arrive on the 14th and will probably leave on Sunday the 20th. I was just in the San Juan's last week and the area is looking great. The restaurants are mostly open and the roads are not crowded. It should be good riding in September. As Jeff said arrive when you want and leave when you need to, I anticipate a very relaxed and fluid gathering.

Ride safe
Az Wingrider

Thanks, Dwight. I updated your dates on the first post.

jmdaniel
07-07-2020, 09:51 AM
Updated first post. Steve has switched from the Super 8, so I'm going to release the block there back to the owner.

Az Wingrider
07-07-2020, 12:04 PM
I can't express how much I enjoy riding this area. During the rally two years ago we got to experience some of the great roads but there is so much more to see and this year we should be there when the leaves are changing and the color will be unbelievable. These are some of the best riding roads in the country. The original "True Grit" was filmed in the area and legendary Joe Cocker loved the area so much he retired here and spent his last years here.

If you haven't had a chance to visit the San Juan Mountains come join us.

Az Wingrider

F6Bster
07-10-2020, 05:25 PM
I must be getting the fever. Been getting in a few local rides but only about 1k miles so far this year. This may be a record low for me.

I have changed my plans as follows:
Lodging: Holiday Inn Montrose
Arrive: Tuesday Sept 15
Depart: Saturday Sept 19
Will try to join on a ride and then break off to head home on Sat.

I am hoping that my riding buddy Smoky will be joining me on one of his Valks (orig).

Should be a great time.

jmdaniel
07-13-2020, 08:05 AM
I must be getting the fever. Been getting in a few local rides but only about 1k miles so far this year. This may be a record low for me.

I have changed my plans as follows:
Lodging: Holiday Inn Montrose
Arrive: Tuesday Sept 15
Depart: Saturday Sept 19
Will try to join on a ride and then break off to head home on Sat.

I am hoping that my riding buddy Smoky will be joining me on one of his Valks (orig).

Should be a great time.

Sounds great, Dave. I changed your accommodations and dates on the first post.

jmdaniel
07-26-2020, 01:00 PM
For all that are signed up, I've added you to a Dropbox folder where we can stash .gpx maps and anything else you want to share. You should have gotten an email invite to the folder, let me know if you have any questions.

F6Bster
07-26-2020, 02:49 PM
I’ll be adding some route .gpx files, pictures, and maps later this week.

For all that are signed up, I've added you to a Dropbox folder where we can stash .gpx maps and anything else you want to share. You should have gotten an email invite to the folder, let me know if you have any questions.

f6bcarider
07-27-2020, 10:50 AM
hi is there a phone number for the updated hotel and the new are better suited for me. and thank you in advance for the information.

jmdaniel
07-27-2020, 11:19 AM
hi is there a phone number for the updated hotel and the new are better suited for me. and thank you in advance for the information.

Click the link on page 1.

Or... 1-888-HOLIDAY

f6bcarider
07-27-2020, 10:16 PM
thank you got it

jmdaniel
07-28-2020, 07:53 AM
thank you got it

If you're coming, let me know when, where you're staying, and if you'd like to be added to the Dropbox folder, what your email is.

SeaSteve
07-28-2020, 10:33 AM
I just added 4 files to the shared Dropbox folder. I plotted the four rides on page One into my Rever account and downloaded the "Garmin" GPX files into Dropbox.

F6Bster
07-28-2020, 12:17 PM
I decided to update and load my route GPX files to the dropbox, so you will see the one file there that contains 5 rides. It is named "Montrose_F6B_2020.gpx". These were created on Garmin Basecamp but saved as .gpx files. In addition to the routes, the waypoint file contains quite a few interesting places in western Colorado. I decided to upload them since I have several waypoints of interest on the routes.

Once we are in Montrose we can decide the night before about the next day's ride, direction, what we want to include, lunch and or dinner spot, etc. The routes are just FYI and we can easily modify as we wish. Jeff and Dwight will be coming in on Monday, so they will have Tuesday for riding also. I've ridden them all and will happy with any of them or modifications on Wed, Thurs, Fri, and as I leave on Saturday.

It is going to be fun!!!! Great country and great time of the year!!!

Jeff/Dwight: If you have any problems with this just let me know.

Dave

Az Wingrider
07-28-2020, 05:09 PM
Dave, it all sounds good. Looking forward to the time together.

jmdaniel
07-28-2020, 06:08 PM
Looking great, fellas!!! :cool:

Audiochris90
08-04-2020, 02:12 PM
Man this sounds cool. Got room for one?

2wheelsforme
08-04-2020, 02:25 PM
Can you add me to the drop box folder, I'd like to look at your routes? Michaelowen@mchsi.com

Audiochris90
08-04-2020, 02:26 PM
What are the temps like there that time of year ? Also dropbox? Chrisbruner1@msn.com

jmdaniel
08-04-2020, 03:30 PM
Can you add me to the drop box folder, I'd like to look at your routes? Michaelowen@mchsi.com

Added, look for an email.

2wheelsforme
08-04-2020, 03:32 PM
My experience a couple of years ago was hot as hell in the desert and artic cold at elevation.

jmdaniel
08-04-2020, 03:35 PM
What are the temps like there that time of year ? Also dropbox? Chrisbruner1@msn.com

I added you to Dropbox, that is where we are storing maps.

I got your message, the important thing to do is go to the first page here and get the info for the Holiday Inn Express, and get a room booked. We lucked out that rooms became available, but this is the busiest week in Montrose, or so I was told. Circle back when you get that done, and I'll add you to the list.

I'm not riding to and back but rather trailering. SeaSteve is riding, I believe, and lives not too far south of me, so you may be able to ride part of the way with him.

https://weatherspark.com/y/3210/Average-Weather-in-Montrose-Colorado-United-States-Year-Round

(https://weatherspark.com/y/3210/Average-Weather-in-Montrose-Colorado-United-States-Year-Round)

jmdaniel
08-04-2020, 03:37 PM
My experience a couple of years ago was hot as hell in the desert and artic cold at elevation.

Oh, you... You were a pretty happy rider, if I recall... at least riding out of Cortez.

F6Bster
08-04-2020, 03:38 PM
For mid-September the weather should be great. For the riding out of Montrose expect nice temperatures during the day at the lower elevations (70s) and in the 50s at the higher elevations as you go over the passes. September is also one of our drier months. That being said, weather is weather, and if a big cold front pushes through we could get a little rain, with it being snow at the higher elevations. However, that is not the norm. And, the fronts normally move through rapidly leaving becutiful snow-capped mountains the next day with clear skies and dry roads.

As 2Wheels indicated (and he was out this way in August), the lower elevations coming to/from Colorado can be pretty hot, but again, September is a much cooler month than August.

2wheelsforme
08-04-2020, 03:46 PM
If you have the full spectrum you are bound to have much in the perfect range. But I will not leave my heated gear at home next time I'm out that way. Like to froze to death in Yellowstone and at Bear Tooth had to wait a day for the snow and sleet to pass before I could go over.

Audiochris90
08-04-2020, 04:13 PM
Room booked. Check in Sept 14 3pm. Checkout Sept 19th at 11am. 108 per night. Hope the bar is open.

F6Bster
08-04-2020, 04:52 PM
Carrying heated gear at the higher elevations always suggested. Things can change rapidly. As for Yellowstone and Beartooth, those are much farther north and winter can strike anytime. Go to Glacier and it’s really a different world!!!

Once we rode for a week plus in Alberta and BC the second half of August. The coldest night we had was on the way home in Pinedale, Wyoming, south of the Tetons. Our bikes were white with heavy frost!

Rocky Mountains: Be prepared!

Audiochris90
08-04-2020, 04:56 PM
No heated gear but good base layer and I will bring leather jacket. Also will bring my cyclechiller.com Ordered yesterday. Mcrider on YouTube recommendation.

F6Bster
08-04-2020, 06:27 PM
That works. I rode so many years before I got my Gerbings.

No heated gear but good base layer and I will bring leather jacket. Also will bring my cyclechiller.com Ordered yesterday. Mcrider on YouTube recommendation.

jmdaniel
08-05-2020, 07:51 AM
Room booked. Check in Sept 14 3pm. Checkout Sept 19th at 11am. 108 per night. Hope the bar is open.

Added to the list, and the bar will be open. I think I was the only person drinking after ride beers in Cortez, so I imported my buddy Brad from Minnesota!

Audiochris90
08-05-2020, 07:53 AM
Gota hydrate!

SeaSteve
08-05-2020, 10:23 AM
I'm needing to shift my dates one day to the left. I'll be arriving Sunday the 13th and leaving the morning of Friday 18th. Gotta get back sooner.

jmdaniel
08-05-2020, 10:51 AM
I'm needing to shift my dates one day to the left. I'll be arriving Sunday the 13th and leaving the morning of Friday 18th. Gotta get back sooner.

Dates changed.

ReserveBum
08-05-2020, 09:00 PM
Added to the list, and the bar will be open. I think I was the only person drinking after ride beers in Cortez, so I imported my buddy Brad from Minnesota!
Not true! I seem to remember a rather large person with a long white beard who had a can of Bud affixed to his hand at all times (after bikes were put to bed).

jmdaniel
08-06-2020, 06:59 AM
Not true! I seem to remember a rather large person with a long white beard who had a can of Bud affixed to his hand at all times (after bikes were put to bed).

I said beer...

:cool:

Audiochris90
08-09-2020, 03:05 PM
How about a comm survey for those going. Sena or packtalk? I have been trying helmets to replace my original neotec. The neotec 2 is one heavy lid. Pass on that. Picked up the sportmodular. That was a waste. Not very comfortable and was loud to me. Then a Schuberth c3pro on closeout. Its almost as comfy as the neotec 1. I bought the new sena 50s and a packtalk jbl bold. The sena 50s has the best sound for music. Only did one group ride with comms in my many years and we all had 20s s. That was really cool and worked well. Nowadays we have this mesh stuff. Problem is sena mesh and packtalk mesh are not compatible. Neither spend much on regular Bluetooth. The 50s will drop your phone if you hook up 2 Bluetooth intercoms. The 20s did 8 I think.

Audiochris90
08-09-2020, 03:15 PM
This Colorado trip is on my bucket list. I feel like a little girl on Christmas. Its going to be great.

F6Bster
08-09-2020, 06:43 PM
I have a CB installed, and use the SENA 20S EVO. Have never used the SENA for comms to other SENAs, but that would be great if I can get someone to assist in setting it up.

Audiochris90
08-09-2020, 08:21 PM
On 20s to 20s all you do is pop them off the helmet and get close and give them a little shake. It pairs them up.

F6Bster
08-09-2020, 08:26 PM
Wow. That will be cool.

Audiochris90
08-09-2020, 08:29 PM
Too bad, we could have rode out from okc if you were passing this way. On Sunday 13th Im driving to Clayton NM for the night then on to Montrose the next day. That’s about 6hrs straight thru but got to stop to pee. I got a prostate the size of dallas I think.

SeaSteve
08-10-2020, 09:01 AM
Too bad, we could have rode out from okc if you were passing this way. On Sunday 13th Im driving to Clayton NM for the night then on to Montrose the next day. That’s about 6hrs straight thru but got to stop to pee. I got a prostate the size of dallas I think.

I'm also planing on staying in Clayton Saturday night, Sep 12, then on the rest of the way Sunday. 500ish a day is enough for me too.

SeaSteve
08-10-2020, 12:33 PM
Since we where both talking about staying in Clayton "NEW MEXICO" I decided to look at travel restrictions and quarantine requirements and found the following:

Here is a summary of current restrictions in the United States for leisure travelers (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/10/travel/state-travel-restrictions.html), although some requirements do not apply to those spending less than a day in the state.

Colorado: As of Aug. 4, there were no statewide restrictions in Colorado (https://covid19.colorado.gov/prepare-protect-yourself/prevent-the-spread/travel).

New Mexico: As of July 1, all out-of-state travelers are required to self-quarantine for 14 days or for the length of their stay in New Mexico (https://www.newmexico.org/covid-19-traveler-information/), whichever is shorter.

Oklahoma: As of Aug. 4, there were no statewide restrictions in Oklahoma (https://coronavirus.health.ok.gov/travel).

I can still stay the nigh in Clayton, New Mexico but could have an issue eating at a restaurant AND it can all change by mid-September.

jmdaniel
08-10-2020, 02:14 PM
Since we where both talking about staying in Clayton "NEW MEXICO" I decided to look at travel restrictions and quarantine requirements and found the following:

Here is a summary of current restrictions in the United States for leisure travelers (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/10/travel/state-travel-restrictions.html), although some requirements do not apply to those spending less than a day in the state.

Colorado: As of Aug. 4, there were no statewide restrictions in Colorado (https://covid19.colorado.gov/prepare-protect-yourself/prevent-the-spread/travel).

New Mexico: As of July 1, all out-of-state travelers are required to self-quarantine for 14 days or for the length of their stay in New Mexico (https://www.newmexico.org/covid-19-traveler-information/), whichever is shorter.

Oklahoma: As of Aug. 4, there were no statewide restrictions in Oklahoma (https://coronavirus.health.ok.gov/travel).

I can still stay the nigh in Clayton, New Mexico but could have an issue eating at a restaurant AND it can all change by mid-September.

I'll watch that, and plan my stay accordingly. I'll probably stay somewhere around Amarillo, anyway.

Audiochris90
08-10-2020, 11:18 PM
I hope I don’t miss out on the fine dining options in Clayton. The 2nd best rated food in town is a taco truck.

jmdaniel
08-11-2020, 07:22 AM
I hope I don’t miss out on the fine dining options in Clayton. The 2nd best rated food in town is a taco truck.

Yeah, I saw it was < 3K people living there. Hence, Amarillo or Raton for me...

Cali261
08-12-2020, 09:40 AM

I wanted to share my experience the last time I was over that way at the local bar.

A guy walks into a bar with his pet monkey, orders a drink and while he’s drinking it, the monkey jumps around all over the, grabs some olives off of the bar, eats them, grabs some sliced limes, eats them, jumps up on the pool table, grabs a cue ball, sticks it in his mouth and swallows it whole.

The bartender screams at the guy, “Did you see what your monkey just did?”

The guy says, “No, what?”

“He just ate the cue ball off my pool table, Whole!” says the bartender.

“Yeah, that doesn’t surprise me.” Replied the patron. “He eats everything in sight. I’ll pay for the stuff.”

He finishes his drink, pays his bill, and leaves.

Two weeks later he’s in the bar again and he has his monkey with him.

He orders a drink and the monkey starts running around the bar again.

While the man is drinking his drink, the monkey finds a maraschino cherry on the bar.

He grabs it, sticks it in his but, pulls it out, and eats it.

The bartender is disgusted.

“Did you see what your monkey did now?”, he asks.

“Now what?”, responds the patron.

“Well, he stuck a maraschino cherry up his butt, then he pulled it out and ate it!” says the bartender.

“Yeah, that doesn’t surprise me.” Replied the patron. “He still eats everything sight, but since he ate the cue ball he measures everything first!”

Ride safe.

Audiochris90
08-12-2020, 10:37 AM
Hey can one of you smart fellas tell me what to do with the dropbox files. I got them into basecamp. The map hap some pink lines all around but they don’t follow the road, looks like “as the crow flies”. My goal is to put them onto my zumo 595.

jmdaniel
08-12-2020, 02:07 PM
Hey can one of you smart fellas tell me what to do with the dropbox files. I got them into basecamp. The map hap some pink lines all around but they don’t follow the road, looks like “as the crow flies”. My goal is to put them onto my zumo 595.

I looked at a few of them, and there are some issues:

Black Canyon - This is simply a collection of Waypoints, and the Route is walking, which we're not doing. It appears to be imported from Rever. Easy to fix by adding the hotel as the start/stop of a Route, changing it to a Motorcycle map. SeaSteve, this is one of yours, let me know if you want help fixing it up. I didn't look at your other ones.

Bedrock Store - Three different routes, could probably be combined into one.

Montrose_F6B-2020 - These 5 maps are all fine. I initially was just getting straight lines between the waypoints, until I discovered I was using the Global map, (under Maps on the top menu bar). When I changed that, everything was fine. Chris, that is probably your issue. Nice job, Dave!

F6Bster
08-12-2020, 03:17 PM
I created the Montrose F6B 2020 collection on Basecamp (yes, be sure you are using the detailed maps and not just the high level ones — I updated to the most current maps before creating) and confirmed that they were fine when I sent them to my Garmin.

When you bring them up in Basecamp (if you use that), you should recalculate the route using your maps. I used the motorcycle profile and fastest routing. When I imported them into my GPS, I had it recalculate the routing using the maps in the GPS and confirmed that they were correct.

I looked at a few of them, and there are some issues:

Black Canyon - This is simply a collection of Waypoints, and the Route is walking, which we're not doing. It appears to be imported from Rever. Easy to fix by adding the hotel as the start/stop of a Route, changing it to a Motorcycle map. SeaSteve, this is one of yours, let me know if you want help fixing it up. I didn't look at your other ones.

Bedrock Store - Three different routes, could probably be combined into one.

Montrose_F6B-2020 - These 5 maps are all fine. I initially was just getting straight lines between the waypoints, until I discovered I was using the Global map, (under Maps on the top menu bar). When I changed that, everything was fine. Chris, that is probably your issue. Nice job, Dave!

Az Wingrider
08-12-2020, 08:27 PM
I created the Bedrock Store and Utah-158 river road trip as a Gpx file on Harley Davidson Ride Planner and I have never had any trouble downloading these Gpx files onto my Garmin 665. I will bring a small computer to Montrose and we can download files from it onto your Garmin if you want.

Looking forward to meeting you
Dwight (Az Wingrider)

Audiochris90
08-12-2020, 09:52 PM
You guys just blew my mind. Was hoping someone would bring a laptop. And looking forward to meeting you guys. Not many know this but Im quite famous.

Az Wingrider
08-13-2020, 06:01 AM
Always wanted to ride with someone quite famous. Jeff is not quite famous but that is just not the same as quite famous.

SeaSteve
08-13-2020, 09:00 AM

The routes are fine on Rever but as with most digital conversions it's never complete and correct. After creating the routes on Rever I simply downloaded the GPX files from my online Rever account and uploaded the files to Dropbox. I believe GPX files are really just CSV file but each software system may have sightly different requirement on how the waypoints are listed. I think Rever even offers a few different GPX "types" when I downloaded them and I think I chose the Garmin version.

jmdaniel
08-13-2020, 09:04 AM
I created the Bedrock Store and Utah-158 river road trip as a Gpx file on Harley Davidson Ride Planner and I have never had any trouble downloading these Gpx files onto my Garmin 665. I will bring a small computer to Montrose and we can download files from it onto your Garmin if you want.

Looking forward to meeting you
Dwight (Az Wingrider)

You want me to fix those maps ahead of time? We don't need no steenkin' computers!

jmdaniel
08-13-2020, 09:05 AM
The routes are fine on Rever but as with most digital conversions it's never complete and correct. After creating the routes on Rever I simply downloaded the GPX files from my online Rever account and uploaded the files to Dropbox. I believe GPX files are really just CSV file but each software system may have sightly different requirement on how the waypoints are listed. I think Rever even offers a few different GPX "types" when I downloaded them and I think I chose the Garmin version.

You want me to fix your maps? Or are we going to make Chris walk them? ;)

SeaSteve
08-13-2020, 09:15 AM
You want me to fix your maps? Or are we going to make Chris walk them? ;)

You can modify the files anyway you see fit. :)

jmdaniel
08-13-2020, 10:32 AM
You can modify the files anyway you see fit. :)

All right, I'll make a copy of yours, modify it and post it back.

Az Wingrider
08-13-2020, 09:09 PM
You can modify them if you wish. I don't mind leaving the computer home. I don't even mind leaving the Garmin home. Some of my best rides have been when I had no clue where I was.

jmdaniel
08-14-2020, 05:27 AM
You can modify them if you wish. I don't mind leaving the computer home. I don't even mind leaving the Garmin home. Some of my best rides have been when I had no clue where I was.

Leave it home, we got it!

Audiochris90
08-14-2020, 06:42 AM
I don’t own any hiking boots yet.

jmdaniel
08-15-2020, 06:29 PM
Okay, so I edited Dwight's Bedrock Store file and uploaded it to Box. The edit was to take the three maps and merge them into one. I didn't dick around with any of the spots themselves. This is the route:

Dwight, lemme know if that is what you had in mind.

jmdaniel
08-15-2020, 06:30 PM
Okay, so I edited Dwight's Bedrock Store file and uploaded it to Box. The edit was to take the three maps and merge them into one. I didn't dick around with any of the spots themselves. This is the route:

Dwight, lemme know if that is what you had in mind. It's 331 miles, 7:02 for time.

jmdaniel
08-15-2020, 06:32 PM
Why in the world can't we delete posts here? The first of those can be removed.

jmdaniel
08-17-2020, 08:01 AM
I started editing the other files yesterday, and said the heck with it. Ain't nobody got time for that... Dwight, your original file and the edited version is out there.

Audiochris90
08-17-2020, 08:24 AM
Thanks Jeff for all your time on this whole trip. Its going to be great.

2wheelsforme
08-17-2020, 10:14 AM
How are the fires and smoke out that way? I've heard it is bad in places and possibly even just south of Montrose.

jmdaniel
08-17-2020, 10:24 AM
Thanks Jeff for all your time on this whole trip. Its going to be great.

My pleasure! Thanks for joining!

jmdaniel
08-17-2020, 10:27 AM
How are the fires and smoke out that way? I've heard it is bad in places and possibly even just south of Montrose.

The fires are north of Montrose. I work with a guy that lives in Grand Junction, and will check in with him as we get closer to the dates.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0923637,-107.4687574,8.96z/data=!4m3!15m2!1m1!1s%2Fg%2F11jwlxcn0_
(https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0923637,-107.4687574,8.96z/data=!4m3!15m2!1m1!1s%2Fg%2F11jwlxcn0_)

F6Bster
08-17-2020, 08:04 PM
The four major fires are:
—Biggest, Pine Gulch Fire, about 80,000 acres north of Grand Junction.
—Grizzly Creek Fire in Glenwood Canyon east of Glenwood Springs. I-70 through the Canyon has been closed for a week now. Really bad. Traffic impact on all East-West routes through Colorado, except US-160 town south.
—Williams Fork Fire southeast of Kremmling and south of US-40 and North of I-70.
—Cameron Peak Fire in Poudre Canyon west of Fort Collins and East of Gould. CO-14 is closed for the length of the Canyon.

No or very little containment on these fires unfortunately.

Pretty much the entire state is being negatively impacted by smoke and resulting pollution. I did a 200 mile ride today over Guanella Pass and Squaw Pass north of US-285 and south of I-70 near Georgetown and Idaho Springs. We had a good ride but it was smoky this morning and very smoky this afternoon. We’ll just have to see how things are looking in early September. Unfortunately no significant rain in the forecast.

Couple of pictures. At the top of a Guanella Pass this morning before the smoke got bad, although it was still very hazy. And a sunset picture taken at my house in Woodland Park (west of Colorado Springs) the other evening.

7637. 7638

Az Wingrider
08-18-2020, 09:32 AM
I enjoy your pictures. I would think that four weeks from now things will be different than they are now. I have a friend that rode through Grand Mesa and Montrose yesterday on his way home from Sturgis and he said he experienced the smoke but still enjoyed the ride. I am still looking forward to the trip and seeing everyone.

Az Wingrider

Audiochris90
08-18-2020, 10:26 AM
Yes, Im sure it will get better. Its not like we are in the middle of a planned global pandemic, an unprecedented economic shutdown with racial riots and now forest fires all aimed to tip an election. Its not going to work, its not going to stop me from riding. Nothing can stop what’s coming.

SeaSteve
08-18-2020, 10:47 AM
Yes, Im sure it will get better. Its not like we are in the middle of a planned global pandemic, an unprecedented economic shutdown with racial riots and now forest fires all aimed to tip an election. Its not going to work, its not going to stop me from riding. Nothing can stop what’s coming.

Sounds like a joke! So five unbelievable coincidences walk into a bar in Montrose Colorado...

Audiochris90
08-18-2020, 02:07 PM
If its smokey I”ll just wear my mask. If it stops a 1.25 micron virus (although even the best are spec at 3 microns) it will change that smoke to roses.

2wheelsforme
08-18-2020, 04:59 PM
I think if I was out that way again and staying in Montrose I would have two routes I would want to do. First been there before more than once but dang it is a good road. Down the million dollar hi way and over to almost Cortez. Back up thru Delores, Rico and Placerville to Montrose. That is a fine loop and short enough (<300) to have lots of stops. Second would be down to again Ridgeway and Placerville then over to Naturita and up to Gateway and Whitewater. Find Mesa and ride thru the Grand Mesa Forest (new to me) then Hotchkiss and Gunnison National Forest and back to Montrose. Little longer about 360 miles but doable.

Audiochris90
08-18-2020, 05:28 PM
I think if I was out that way again and staying in Montrose I would have two routes I would want to do. First been there before more than once but dang it is a good road. Down the million dollar hi way and over to almost Cortez. Back up thru Delores, Rico and Placerville to Montrose. That is a fine loop and short enough (<300) to have lots of stops. Second would be down to again Ridgeway and Placerville then over to Naturita and up to Gateway and Whitewater. Find Mesa and ride thru the Grand Mesa Forest (new to me) then Hotchkiss and Gunnison National Forest and back to Montrose. Little longer about 360 miles but doable.

Come on man. We’ll ride it. Did most everyone have a vtx before the B? I should not have sold mine.

F6Bster
08-18-2020, 05:29 PM
Yep. Those are all good ones! If you look at the routings I posted, those are the best for those trips to Grand Mesa, but include Colorado National Monument. The Rim Road is beautiful! And, the ride along the North Rim of the Black Canyon and then do the South Rim with the ride down to the river — exceptional.

Audiochris90
08-18-2020, 05:34 PM

When I hang out in perdido key I drive from home in Okc to Minden LA and stay at best western. Nice and you can park right outside the room. Then on day 2 from minden to perdido key Florida. Your only a couple days out. Get here and rest a day then ride out with me to the rally. Do it!

Audiochris90
08-18-2020, 05:42 PM
The four major fires are:
—Biggest, Pine Gulch Fire, about 80,000 acres north of Grand Junction.
—Grizzly Creek Fire in Glenwood Canyon east of Glenwood Springs. I-70 through the Canyon has been closed for a week now. Really bad. Traffic impact on all East-West routes through Colorado, except US-160 town south.
—Williams Fork Fire southeast of Kremmling and south of US-40 and North of I-70.
—Cameron Peak Fire in Poudre Canyon west of Fort Collins and East of Gould. CO-14 is closed for the length of the Canyon.

No or very little containment on these fires unfortunately.

Pretty much the entire state is being negatively impacted by smoke and resulting pollution. I did a 200 mile ride today over Guanella Pass and Squaw Pass north of US-285 and south of I-70 near Georgetown and Idaho Springs. We had a good ride but it was smoky this morning and very smoky this afternoon. We’ll just have to see how things are looking in early September. Unfortunately no significant rain in the forecast.

Couple of pictures. At the top of a Guanella Pass this morning before the smoke got bad, although it was still very hazy. And a sunset picture taken at my house in Woodland Park (west of Colorado Springs) the other evening.

7637. 7638

What a sunset! Hey I wanted to ask a Colorado boy if it gets cold on our trip how important are the heated pants? Got the heated jacket liner and gloves but just have those freeze out long johns.

2wheelsforme
08-18-2020, 05:51 PM
When I hang out in perdido key I drive from home in Okc to Minden LA and stay at best western. Nice and you can park right outside the room. Then on day 2 from minden to perdido key Florida. Your only a couple days out. Get here and rest a day then ride out with me to the rally. Do it!

what city are you in?

Audiochris90
08-18-2020, 06:02 PM
what city are you in?

Okc is Oklahoma City

F6Bster
08-18-2020, 08:17 PM
You’ll be fine. I’ve never had the heated pants. For mid-September morning mesh pants could be a little nippy unless you have a liner in them.

What a sunset! Hey I wanted to ask a Colorado boy if it gets cold on our trip how important are the heated pants? Got the heated jacket liner and gloves but just have those freeze out long johns.

jmdaniel
08-18-2020, 10:04 PM

You have a lot of suggestions for someone that's not going... :poke::icon_laugh:

F6Bster
08-19-2020, 07:02 AM
I think his wheels are turning!!!

You have a lot of suggestions for someone that's not going... :poke::icon_laugh:

SeaSteve
08-19-2020, 08:47 AM
You’ll be fine. I’ve never had the heated pants. For mid-September morning mesh pants could be a little nippy unless you have a liner in them.

I'm paying CLOSE attention! What temperatures should a Texas boy expect?

F6Bster
08-19-2020, 09:13 AM
In Montrose and rides at that elevation (Black Canyon, Tabeguache-Unaweep, etc) temperatures at night in the 50s and during day 70s/80s. At the top of the passes, nights get cold, and temperatures average in the 50s/60s during the day, but you're only at the top of the passes briefly. Usually feels pretty darn nice!

Again, these are averages! Usually September is a pretty dry month also. Should see some leaves turning at the higher elevations!

I'm paying CLOSE attention! What temperatures should a Texas boy expect?

2wheelsforme
08-19-2020, 01:06 PM
I'm surprised no one has stepped forward and said I did it and here is why!

F6Bster
08-19-2020, 04:34 PM
I think we’re going to have a good group and a good time. You can’t beat the riding and scenery!

Phantom
08-19-2020, 06:24 PM
I'm surprised no one has stepped forward and said I did it and here is why!

Mike,

I made the change, I sent private messages to a few individuals explaining why including the author of the thread.

No malice intended

All is good, no need to be upset. This gathering sounds nice.

Phantom
08-19-2020, 06:26 PM
I think we’re going to have a good group and a good time.
You can’t beat the riding and scenery!

Agreed :cheers:

Audiochris90
08-19-2020, 06:45 PM
So garmin still shows Colorado is in the same spot thank Christ.

F6Bster
08-19-2020, 06:49 PM
Scattered showers this evening in Woodland Park. Some good steady rain needed. Cooled down to low 60s here. Nice!

So garmin still shows Colorado is in the same spot thank Christ.

2wheelsforme
08-19-2020, 06:51 PM
Mike,

I made the change, I sent private messages to a few individuals explaining why including the author of the thread.

No malice intended

Thank you!

Audiochris90
08-19-2020, 07:06 PM
Scattered showers this evening in Woodland Park. Some good steady rain needed. Cooled down to low 60s here. Nice!

Man you are great. And talk about the weather. I”ll shut up.

Audiochris90
08-19-2020, 07:41 PM
So it was only 40bucks more for the week To upgrade to a suite. Party in my room! This is a bucket list trip for me so I’m going to kick it. Saw cortez pics in the gallery. Awesome! You got to understand Oklahoma is mostly so flat with terrible roads. If its half as good as that I ll be happy!

F6Bster
08-19-2020, 07:53 PM
Jeff, change my dates to 14-19th. I can’t let you guys get a head start on me!!! So, I’ll arrive on Monday also and depart Saturday.

jmdaniel
08-19-2020, 08:54 PM
Mike,

No malice intended

Your private message to me was 20 minutes after you posted this, and it didn't explain why you made the change. It's your forum, so we have to play by your rules, but like I said in my reply to the PM, if someone can't figure out where this rally is, after reading the first post in the thread, I don't want to be riding with them. There was no reason to change the title.

jmdaniel
08-19-2020, 08:56 PM
Jeff, change my dates to 14-19th. I can’t let you guys get a head start on me!!! So, I’ll arrive on Monday also and depart Saturday.

Done!

Phantom
08-19-2020, 09:59 PM
Your private message to me was 20 minutes after you posted this, and it didn't explain why you made the change. It's your forum, so we have to play by your rules, but like I said in my reply to the PM, if someone can't figure out where this rally is, after reading the first post in the thread, I don't want to be riding with them. There was no reason to change the title.

Yes, you are correct, I discovered my error as I was speaking with a fellow member on the phone regarding this thread. Jeff, we have riders from their 20's all the way up to a few in their 80's. We don't deny anyone who wants to attend our events. Misunderstandings happen. I sent out 16 PM's recently, my memory isn't what it once was. No Malice was behind the clarification on both posts.

Lets Ride ;hdrider;

jmdaniel
08-20-2020, 07:44 AM
For the folks attending the No Frills Rally, send me a PM with your okay to add your name and phone number to a doc I'll post in the Dropbox folder we are using for the maps. If I don't get a PM, I'll assume that means you don't want anyone to have your phone number, which is cool. Dwight/Dave, I already have your numbers, just need your ok. I rarely call people, just thought it would be good to have ways (phone/text) for the attendees to communicate, leading up to the rally, during, and of course, after. Thanks!

SeaSteve
08-20-2020, 08:49 AM
For the folks attending the No Frills Rally, send me a PM with your okay to add your name and phone number to a doc I'll post in the Dropbox folder we are using for the maps. If I don't get a PM, I'll assume that means you don't want anyone to have your phone number, which is cool. Dwight/Dave, I already have your numbers, just need your ok. I rarely call people, just thought it would be good to have ways (phone/text) for the attendees to communicate, leading up to the rally, during, and of course, after. Thanks!

I was "fix-in-to" recommend we each post individual text files to Dropbox with personal info we want to share, including a next of kin, etc. We could name each file with our last names for easy reference later.

jmdaniel
08-20-2020, 09:13 AM
I was "fix-in-to" recommend we each post individual text files to Dropbox with personal info we want to share, including a next of kin, etc. We could name each file with our last names for easy reference later.

Let's just keep it to one file, but your idea for emergency contact info is good. I prefer not to call it "next of kin..."; if you ever met my family, you'd see why. :shock:

Update;

List created and uploaded with the information I have been given.

F6Bster
09-04-2020, 02:36 PM
Just sent an email to all of you planning to attend. Unfortunately I have a medical issue that popped up and am on a couple of new meds. As a result, no riding for me for at least two weeks. Will just have to see how it goes.

Will miss you guys for sure. Enjoy the great fall sights, ride safe, and tease us all with some great pictures.

Az Wingrider
09-04-2020, 05:15 PM
Get well, Dave
you will be missed

Az Wingrider

Az Wingrider
09-09-2020, 11:59 AM
For those who are thinking of joining us the Colorado "No Frills Rally" is still happening next week in Montrose Colorado. September 14th through 20th. Most of us are staying at the Holiday Inn Express but there is a Rodeway Inn just across the street that is more budget friendly. We will be riding some of the best roads in the U.S. and after the recent cold snap the leaves will be changing at the higher elevations. All riders are welcome so if you have friends on bikes from other manufacturers invite them to come along.

For those of you already on the list of attendees I plan on arriving late afternoon on Monday the 14th so I will look for you on the patio.

Az Wingrider

F6Bster
09-11-2020, 03:21 PM
For those coming to this gathering the weather and scenery will be picture perfect! It is like it was laid out perfectly for motorcycle riding!!!!

SeaSteve
09-22-2020, 08:52 AM
Well we all made it home after a GREAT week's worth of riding the Colorado Rockies. We hit all the major mountain passes around Silverton, Pagosa Springs, and Lake City. We made the gondola ride in Telluride and Colorado National Monument Canyon Rim road. In four day, about 1000 miles of peg scrapping twisty mountain roads. No problems, bike drops or speeding tickets.

We want to thank RickW (http://hondaf6b.com/member.php?1072-RickW) and the rest of Value Accessories (http://store.valueaccessories.net/) for the swag they provided.

F6Bster
09-22-2020, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the update and posting the pictures. Sure wish I could have been there.

Az Wingrider
09-22-2020, 10:22 AM
I second the thanks to RickW for the great gifts. It was a really great time. 8 passes over 10,500 ft and 3 over 11,000 ft and some really great roads with a great bunch of friends. I can't wait for next year. Thanks to Jeff Daniel for putting it together.

Az Wingrider

wjduke
09-22-2020, 03:08 PM
Put some names to those faces, I’m nosy

Phantom
09-22-2020, 10:28 PM

Put some names to those faces, I’m nosy
From Left to right.... Dwight (AZ-Wingrider), Chris (AudioChris), Jeff (JMDaniel), Kevin , Brad