PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Seat

yellowskeeter1
12-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Even though they had a hiccup on the new model, I want to say I got my new one in and love it. 6'3" and the bike has never felt better. Great fit and finish! Thanks!

opas ride
12-07-2013, 10:45 AM
That's good news on the seat. If anyone about my size gets one (5'9") 195lbs. Let me know how it fits/works, etc...Thanks...BTW, any issues with the install and saddlebag pulls not working right?.Some have had issues with the bags not opening after installing aftermarket seats.....

jimsol1
12-07-2013, 02:21 PM
after mounting mustang seat, one of my saddlebag pulls does not return to full close after closing bag, I just manually push it flush. will investigate further in spring, but I also love the seat, 5'11", 230#.

Scotrod
12-08-2013, 01:09 PM
after mounting mustang seat, one of my saddlebag pulls does not return to full close after closing bag, I just manually push it flush. will investigate further in spring, but I also love the seat, 5'11", 230#.

Loosen seat bolts on the side that's having issues and reposition grab rail. Usually solves the problem.

Steve 0080
12-08-2013, 09:20 PM
I also want to sit on a Mustang before buying it or the Ultimate...I guess I will have to wait until Daytona.....

FlyinF
12-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Recently I went directly to Mustang to order a seat for the F6.........they took my order and told me the seat would be shipped in about 3-4 days. After 4 days I contacted them to confirm status and they tell me there would be no seat available for at least 2 weeks. I guess in this business right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing. Shame on Mustang.

NCF6B
12-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Does anyone know if mustang has a drivers back rest? if not can you use an aftermarket model? thanks

Mustangjake
12-20-2013, 08:54 PM
No not for the seat they are making now.

NCF6B
12-21-2013, 06:49 AM
thanks, how we'll does their seat support your back? I have an aftermarket backrest on my stock seat and it works very well. Don't know that I would like to be without it for long rides. ncf6b

kjelders
12-21-2013, 09:46 AM
thanks, how we'll does their seat support your back? I have an aftermarket backrest on my stock seat and it works very well. Don't know that I would like to be without it for long rides. ncf6b

The lower lumbar support design of the Mustang seat is why I bought it and sold my custom seat. It supports very well and I don't need a backrest which I didn't want to add.

Dirtstiff's F6B
12-21-2013, 11:46 AM
The lower lumbar support design of the Mustang seat is why I bought it and sold my custom seat. It supports very well and I don't need a backrest which I didn't want to add.

I'd be curious what your passengers think? I like the Mustang lumbar support, but this seat has to work for my passenger.
Thanks, .J