PDA

View Full Version : Questions on the ------- wind screen

Skromfols
02-23-2020, 05:58 PM
I'm getting some buffeting around my helmet and want to replace the windshield. The previous owner installed a 13 inch Baggershield, which is just a bit too short (I'm 6'2"). I'm thinking of getting a ------- but can't figure it out. Do you purchase a second shield that attaches to what is already on the bike or do you get two shields in the ------- package? And if you attach the ------- shield to your existing shield, do you need to drill the existing shield to attach the brackets? It seems like you would have to. Also, if the ------- shield attaches to your current shield, will it work with the aftermarket Baggershield or will I need to go back to the original Honda shield?

I'm sorry for all the questions, but I've been looking on the internet and can't seem to find answers to these questions, and I hate to call ------- without at least knowing a little bit about how their product works. So any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Stan

Ewreck
02-23-2020, 06:16 PM
Just go on their website, click on Honda, click on F6B, and your all set. I’m also 6’2 and I purchased the 15”shield. I like it.

rdbonds
02-23-2020, 07:49 PM
Skromfols - If you mean the AngryStad, it comes with both shields and all the hardware. They're great units. Not everyone likes the look of them, but doggone they work. I recommend following their direction on sizing. It's pretty accurate. I ended up putting 12v linear actuators on mine, so I can adjust it while riding.

Skromfols
02-24-2020, 08:20 AM
rdbonds, what I was trying to say was -------, but somehow the system changed the name to --------. Strange. Thanks for the info. So if I understand the process I would remove the wind screen I presently have and what ------- supplies is two wind screens that are held together with their hardware? Sorry for being so dense. I haven't had a cup of coffee yet.

SapperWing
02-24-2020, 10:23 AM
Not being able to use the actual name here is retarded....

I'm 6'1" - got the 15".

Your old windshield comes off. I wouldn't say you get two shields; one lower, shorter cowl that you mount to where your old screen was. You attach the brackets to that, and the new clear (or tinted) shield mounts to the brackets.

2wheelsforme
02-24-2020, 10:31 AM
Mastad is close enough for me.

SeaSteve
02-24-2020, 11:05 AM
First, me being a smart a$$! Baggershield doesn't have a 13" windshield for the F6B. You are probably referring to the 11" Sport Shield (http://www.baggershield.com/baggershield-honda-f6b-11-sport-shield-p-84.html), which can be raised to 12.25" (which is close to the 13" you talked about.)

Here's my two cents: I'm 6'3" and I LOVE the 11" sport shield in the summer. I did raise it all the way to the top 12.25". I get very little buffeting but also, a nice breeze that blows down my face and chest to keep me cool in the 95+ degrees hot weather in Texas.

I have replaced the the sport shield with the 11" to 19" Adjustable Shield (http://www.baggershield.com/baggershield-honda-f6b-11-to-19-adjustable-p-83.html), which is the 11" sport shield with a "rubber screw-on" add-on 8" shield. It works great in the winter months and when I want more protection.

xgringo
02-24-2020, 02:07 PM
testing testing ------- ------- ------- -------

rdbonds
02-25-2020, 09:43 AM
Skromfols - Yep. There's a history on the forum with our friends at Angrystad, therefore it's not a name that's allowed. I have no position on that issue. Great forum here, and in my meager experience with the folks at Angrystad, they were also great folks. :)

You are correct...you remove the screen you have on now, and install their new base shield. The brackets are mounted to that, then the outer shield onto the brackets. The brackets allow manual up/down sliding adjustment, and also some limited "tilt" adjustment so that you can find the best setting for you.

Skromfols
02-25-2020, 02:10 PM
rbbonds, thanks for the info. I just ordered their shield and hopefully it will arrive in a week or so. I like the idea of adjustability so this looks like it will work out for me. If anyone is interested I'll post the results when I get it installed.

dustytrader
02-27-2020, 10:13 AM
Love mine. I'm 6'3 and got the 15" one. I also like the looks...I think it looks mean and different. I bought one for my dads Slingshot as well...can't go wrong and easy to install. While I had mine off, I went ahead and ran a power wire to the dash for a USB plug to keep my Go Pro charged and also my GPS power cord.

edgeman55
02-27-2020, 02:36 PM
I am 6'4" and the 15" works great for me.I love that I can look over the top of the screen with little to no buffeting.Plus IMHO I think it compliments the bikes look.Bottom line it is the best windscreen I have ever been behind.

Skromfols
02-27-2020, 06:41 PM
Thanks to both of you for your feedback. I just got an email notice that my order has shipped, so hopefully I'll have it on next week and be able to test it out.

Vandal
02-27-2020, 09:29 PM
The 11" woks fine for me at almost 6' I have a brand new 15" shield if anyone has the base and wants to buy this one, make ya a deal. After trying the 15" it was too tall and I dislike looking through it. The 11" is all I will ever need.

2wheelsforme
02-28-2020, 06:55 AM
After receiving your new shield you decide it is taller than you would like you can return it and swap for a shorter one at only the cost of shipping. Additionally the lower cost of a shorter shield will offset some of the shipping cost. Also available is custom made shields, on my third choice I opted for an extra inch on each side for a little more protection. Custom made is not returnable. Like Vandal I found a much shorter than they recommend is more to my likeing. I look well over.

2wheelsforme
02-28-2020, 07:10 AM
That is for the upper part as the base is the same on all sizes and does not need to be returned for a swap.

jm21ddd15
02-28-2020, 09:29 AM
Great windshields! I have the 11", as I prefer to look over the top, rather than thru. And still no buffeting. Only time I raise it to the highest, is in rain, or extreme cold.

Skromfols
03-07-2020, 12:53 PM
I finished the install yesterday. Man, you guys weren't kidding about the instructions being a bunch of crap. Ya, between Youtube and common sense I was able to assemble it, install it and adjust it, but they sure don't make it easy. And how much are they saving by not providing detailed instructions with maybe a picture or two? Next to nothing. But that being said, the quality seems good I like the adjustability and I'll try it out today to see if it removes the buffeting that I was trying to reduce.

F6BPDX
03-10-2020, 02:13 PM
The 11" woks fine for me at almost 6' I have a brand new 15" shield if anyone has the base and wants to buy this one, make ya a deal. After trying the 15" it was too tall and I dislike looking through it. The 11" is all I will ever need.

I sent you a PM on the 15" top shield. I'm interested. Thanks!

Dualsporter
03-10-2020, 07:15 PM
I'm also looking at the angrystad windshield. I currently have the slipstreamer 11" and the noise and buffeting at highway speeds is insane. It is also almost impossible to hear the radio. Just to confirm, the base shield is the same size on all options, the only other option is the height of the adjustable part of the shield? Also are there options for clear/tints for both shields? What would you recommend for 6'0"? Thanks in advance.

f6bcarider
03-10-2020, 08:51 PM
I'm also looking at the angrystad windshield. I currently have the slipstreamer 11" and the noise and buffeting at highway speeds is insane. It is also almost impossible to hear the radio. Just to confirm, the base shield is the same size on all options, the only other option is the height of the adjustable part of the shield? Also are there options for clear/tints for both shields? What would you recommend for 6'0"? Thanks in advance.

yes the base shield is the same for all sizes.. I'm 6.0 I use the 13 inch top screen in clear I have it set to the lowest position... The best shield I've ever tried I can hear my music at volume setting at ten at seventy miles per hour.. and yes they have several choices on tints for shield. I hope you enjoy your shield

rdbonds
03-11-2020, 10:43 AM
The recommendations on their site for shield sizes are pretty spot on in my opionion.

I'm 6'1", but am long in torso. The site recommends a 15" shield for me, and that is what I ordered. I look over the shield regardless of its position (high or low). With it high, it's great for highway speeds or windy days and it creates a very still pocket behind it. In the lowest setting, it's great for non-highway speeds, and I get a nice little breeze. Since I like the ability to go back and forth within a ride, I created an electric linear actuator system to move adjust it while under way.

By the way, for me, this unit replaced a Clearview Full Wing +4 wide with vent (i.e. the shield was 4 inches taller than a full wing shield, and was wider at the shoulders). The AngryStad is quieter and smoother by far.

Dualsporter
03-12-2020, 06:21 PM
yes the base shield is the same for all sizes.. I'm 6.0 I use the 13 inch top screen in clear I have it set to the lowest position... The best shield I've ever tried I can hear my music at volume setting at ten at seventy miles per hour.. and yes they have several choices on tints for shield. I hope you enjoy your shield

Thanks for the reply, I was looking at the website, I'm going to go with the 13 also, just not sure yet if I should go with clear or one of the tints.

rdbonds
03-13-2020, 10:33 AM
I have tried both. The one in my avatar is the dark one. It came with the shield when I picked it up off another member here.

Although I look over both shields, I found that I still like being able to see through the shield for close-up stuff, so I run the clear one 100% of the time.

That said, the dark shield looks nicer on the bike, so if you're a victim to style, you'll want that one. Everybody's needs are different.

YMMV.

Ixol Phaane
03-16-2020, 07:28 PM
... I ended up putting 12v linear actuators on mine, so I can adjust it while riding.

What can you tell us about that? It sounds like an interesting mod.

rdbonds
03-17-2020, 02:16 PM
Sure. I have a few photos and part numbers in case anyone wants to play around. To avoid highjacking this thread, I'll start a new one over in the Garage section.

lcurx
01-02-2021, 11:05 PM
I was wondering why this screen was being called the angrystad! I have a 2017 f6B and I really want a new sunscreen before riding season. I bought this bike new to me early this spring. Only had it for a month when a deer hit me on the front left side. Insurance company wanted to write it off, but there were no replacement bikes anywhere close by, so the Honda dealer told me it could take up to two months to get all the parts in!
It's now over 6 months.... They tell me the final part will be in next week!
Sorry for the long story! But I'm only 5'8" and I think I'm going to go with the 11" angrystad unless enough people tell me otherwise?
I would also like to mount a radar detector on it somehow? Or somewhere in the bike. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

ReserveBum
01-03-2021, 06:22 AM
I have a 13 F6B with an 11" Stad - I am 5'10" and its just at the limit for me. Maybe a 13"? Up in Gods country there, probably not a lot of other F6B's in the area with the same shield you could at least sit on the bike and see how it feels.

xrcris
01-03-2021, 12:50 PM
FWIW, I've got a 'stad on my V-Strom (a bike with notoriously crappy buffeting) and went through a few shields and have cut them up to use with the Mastad brackets.

Switchmonkey
01-08-2021, 03:36 PM
They are ugly AF, but they work great. Almost MAD.

F6Bster
01-08-2021, 07:23 PM
I didn’t think I would do this, but my STAD arrives next week. 13” Medium Dark. I’m hoping for some good riding this summer. HOPING!

Ewreck
01-08-2021, 09:07 PM
Guaranteed.

Ace1USMC
01-18-2021, 12:14 AM
Madstad Engineering Windshield is the best thing you can possibly do for your F6B if you spend some serious time in the saddle. Out of everything I've done to my bike, it's by FAR the most important mode I've made that makes the ride incredibly pleasant and peaceful. My ears aren't ringing from wind noise at the end of 700 miles, and I feel completely relaxed cause my head hasn't been fighting buffeting for hours on end. I can talk on the phone while I'm riding via my Sena helmet, and no one even knows I'm riding my bike at 80 mph, or listen to the (stock) stereo at volume setting 20 - and hear every note just fine.

rdbonds
01-18-2021, 06:09 PM
+1. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you install it, F6Bster.

F6Bster
01-18-2021, 06:22 PM
It is installed, but it will be a few months before I can ride. Living at 8,500 feet has its pluses, and its negatives! But the bike is ready for when my roads are no longer icy!

+1. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you install it, F6Bster.

tenxxx
01-22-2021, 11:48 PM
I had to use a heat gun on mine. The base was curved too much and wouldnt seal all the way across.
But to me it looks good and all I get is whisp of air on the tips of my ears from behind, with a half helmet.
Can hear the radio as much as I want, but I think its a distraction.
Money well spent. My third bike with a Mad S**d.

willtill
01-23-2021, 08:11 AM
I have both the medium and large 狂ったstads in both 15" and 17" dark gray. I bought the taller one for the winters if and when I ride.

You still will get wet behind a 狂ったstad, I haven't found the magical angle and height to make the rain completely disappear. But I am generally satisfied with them.

Switchmonkey
01-24-2021, 09:37 PM
Madstad Engineering Windshield is the best thing you can possibly do for your F6B if you spend some serious time in the saddle.

It looks like your use of the name didn't get flagged. I don't understand the angst about saying Madstad.

98valk
01-25-2021, 12:31 PM
I'm riding my bike at 80 mph, or listen to the (stock) stereo at volume setting 20 - and hear every note just fine.

Volume at 20 is really, really high. Do you have the "AVC" turned on? I am at 12-13 typically. As I hit 70 or so, I usually have to turn it down 1 because the AVC keeps getting louder.