PDA

View Full Version : Luggage rack by BikeMP3

Lucas
12-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Guys-
Does anyone have any feedback on the luggage/cargo rack by BikeMP3? Is it better than the factory accessory? It appears to be larger than the factory unit. Is the structure within the motorcycle strong enough to handle the bag that will likely get piled on this rack? Does the finish hold up well? It looks quite smooth. Is it easy to tie/bungee the typical bag to this rack?
Thanks!
Lucas... In Phoenix, AZ

F6B-RICH
12-08-2013, 12:27 PM
I ordered mine on the Black Friday deal $99.99 but did not get it yet but from past threads it is a awesome piece :icon_biggrin:

chipmaker
12-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Love mine...
http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2263&d=1379256565

hiflyer
12-08-2013, 01:20 PM
This rack handles my T-Bag like a champ. Durable finish.

GONRDN
12-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Guys-
Does anyone have any feedback on the luggage/cargo rack by BikeMP3? Is it better than the factory accessory? It appears to be larger than the factory unit. Is the structure within the motorcycle strong enough to handle the bag that will likely get piled on this rack? Does the finish hold up well? It looks quite smooth. Is it easy to tie/bungee the typical bag to this rack?
Thanks!
Lucas... In Phoenix, AZ

I totally understand what you mean. You're looking for a load limit pound wise right? If I'm not mistaken, the Honda one is about 6lbs. I could be wrong though.

I do like this rack better then Hondas also and will probably purchase it soon.

MichaelG
12-11-2013, 09:55 PM
There are basically three (3) rear racks available for our bikes. Most of you are familiar with the Honda version, which is the smallest of the three.

Then there is the BikeMP3 version...very well made...and it is the middle size of the three.

And last, but not least, is the rack made by forum member...hondabikepro...which is the largest of the three racks.

I have seen all three racks in person, and I can say that the BikeMP3 rack and the one made by Dale...hondabikepro...are extremely well made, can handle a lot more weight than the Honda rack, and add to the looks of the bike, rather than take away from it. I have also seen where riders have added more lighting to the back/underside of the BikeMP3 rack and the...hondabikepro rack...which makes good use of that area, and adds safety to the back end of the bike.

So, there you have it...small, medium, and large. All close in price, and depends on what you want to haul back there. They all mount using the same bolts and spacers, so it really just comes down to size. :icon_mrgreen:

GONRDN
12-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Any pictures of the hondabikepro rack?

MichaelG
12-12-2013, 12:28 AM
Any pictures of the hondabikepro rack?

Here is a link:
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?296-rear-rack-for-f6b/page2&highlight=hondabikepro+rack

Post # 22, shows the best pics I can find. The original pics were deleted when we changed servers.

BUT, I would like to politely say...this thread started out talking about the BikeMP3 rack, so I do not want to take away from Pete and his excellent rack. Please take a look at the BikeMP3 rack, and think about it.

(I now feel guilty bringing up the larger rack done by Dale, when the thread started with a discussion about the BikeMP3 rear rack.) :icon_frown::icon_redface::icon_frown:

Bigred
12-12-2013, 12:32 AM
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?296-rear-rack-for-f6b&highlight=Rack

KenSk8Man
12-12-2013, 08:41 PM
I didn't put the plastic caps over the bolt heads yet. Notice the feet on my rack differ from previous posters. 3319

GONRDN
12-12-2013, 08:51 PM
I really do love that rack and is on my list of must haves, but I'd still like to the weight limit for it. I haven't found anything about that on their site.

Pedro66
12-12-2013, 09:07 PM
We updated the tie downs on the rack to give a stronger mounting point

GONRDN
12-12-2013, 09:17 PM

You guys did an awesome job, I love it!

KenSk8Man
12-12-2013, 09:39 PM
You guys did an awesome job, I love it!

DITTO on the awesome job!

BuzzzPhotos
12-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Guys-
Thanks!
Lucas... In Phoenix, AZ

Looks good but had to leave off the passenger backrest.

Steve 0080
12-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Buzz.... there plenty of pi's showing the backrest mounted????? Not sure what you are sayin....

motozeke
12-16-2013, 01:13 AM

Can you give the dimensions of the rack? I've not seen them in your materials or Wingstuff's. I'm interested in seeing what sized bags might fit on the rack without overlapping the edge. Thanks!

d-shark
12-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Can you give the dimensions of the rack? I've not seen them in your materials or Wingstuff's. I'm interested in seeing what sized bags might fit on the rack without overlapping the edge. Thanks!

Approximate usable dimensions mounted on the bike are 17" wide by 11" in depth. Just installed mine a few days ago and this is a nice addition. I have a large touring bag and the rack is wider than it is by a couple inches and only about 1-1/2" hangs over the rear edge. It would be hard to find a commercially available motorcycle touring bag that this rack would not support nicely.

I was a little concerned about the rack looking too big when mounted on the bike. Virtually all the photos I had seen were close-ups only. Once mounted the rack proportions compared to the rest of the bike are very good. Looks of the bike does not suffer at all when riding solo with no bag.

hiflyer
12-18-2013, 03:08 PM

Here is a picture of my T bag on the MP3 rack. I know, I know, not a great pic, but the only available right now.

thunder217
12-19-2013, 09:59 AM
So have you guys seen the other rack now being produced for the F6B on ebay by I think Custom Chrome and what do you think about it? Not to rattle any cages. Just wondered about the product since we are talking about racks. :stirthepot:

GONRDN
12-19-2013, 10:23 AM
So have you guys seen the other rack now being produced for the F6B on ebay by I think Custom Chrome and what do you think about it? Not to rattle any cages. Just wondered about the product since we are talking about racks. :stirthepot:

I saw it, not crazy about it, but I'm sure others will like it.

rocket247
01-21-2014, 02:54 AM
Guys-
Thanks!
Lucas... In Phoenix, AZ

I have the Honda factory fitted one, I found it a bit to small for securing your gear onto it. I made up two extra brackets to extend the tie down points. Attached is a photo of the brackets fitted , and my luggage bag attached, works great

Cheers Rocket247 Australia377637773778