PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Zaphod
03-15-2020, 03:36 PM
Greetings all,
My wife and I are relatively new members here. We’ve been riding for a few years and have some experience; not as much as many others.

My wife rides a yellow 2014 F6B. I’m on a recently acquired white 2016 F6B. Prior to the F6B, I rode an ST1300.

We do our own “wrenching” and are generally pleased with outcomes.

We’ve just finished some maintenance work on both bikes.
On the new-to-us 2016 F6B, we ...
installed a new air filter (29,000 miles and old filter was beyond filthy);
renewed the engine coolant with Honda HP Type-2;
installed Honda OEM fog lights;
renewed clutch hydraulic fluid;
installed Honda OEM rear luggage rack; and
wired my Garmin GPS to the bike’s auxiliary electric circuit.

On my wife’s 2014, we ...
changed lube oil and filter;
renewed clutch hydraulic fluid; and
renewed engine coolant.

Now ready to roll.

We’re snowbirds. Winter in Stuart, Florida; summer in Ontario.

Happy to connect with others and share a pint along with old war stories.

Cheers, Cindy and Bill

BlueF6B
03-15-2020, 04:26 PM
Welcome from East Texas. We travel to Canada every summer. If ever get to east Texas be happy to give you a tour.

skinnyguy
03-15-2020, 06:31 PM
Welcome from South Western Pa. My son-in-law is from Ontario!

Az Wingrider
03-15-2020, 06:34 PM
Welcome. I hope these F6Bs bring you as much enjoyment as mine has brought me. there's a lot of good information on this site and a lot of great guys that are members.

rdbonds
03-15-2020, 06:45 PM
Welcome!

f6bcarider
03-15-2020, 07:13 PM
Welcome from California. enjoy be safe and ride

markstriumph
03-16-2020, 08:00 AM
how was the air filter replacement?

jmdaniel
03-16-2020, 08:21 AM
We have the same white '16; I'm curious as to what you did when you pulled the back rest off. I bought a set of the cover plates from someone who owned a '13, and painted them with the matte white that Colorite sells.

My wife grew up in Ontario; we're heading up to Kitchener in May for a wedding.

billsim
03-16-2020, 08:51 AM
Welcome from Ohio.

SeaSteve
03-16-2020, 09:39 AM
Welcome from Central Texas. Enjoy the Ride, Here on the Forum and on the Road.

Love the signature, "Beat to Quarters!"

Zaphod
03-16-2020, 11:04 AM
The air filter replacement was, as expected, rather tedious and time consuming. It took us about four hours.
There’s a few YouTube videos which show the process. We have the shop service manual as well, which is an essential aide.
My wife and I did it together which made the process much easier. The extra pair of hands, another set of eyes, and someone to verify what was happening was immensely useful.
I have a high-quality torque wrench which I believe another essential tool for any work on the bikes.

The exercise was made somewhat more rewarding by doing several of the tasks in a suitable sequence. That meant removing fairing pieces only once and so forth. By the way ... the plastic tools intended for removing auto panels and trim work great on the F6B. They’re available at most auto parts stores.

When you finally have the cover off and are into the airbox, be very careful removing the old filter. Ours contained the remains of a dragon fly, a butter fly, and oodles of black dust and grunge. For gawds sake, don’t dump it into the throttle bodies!
Don’t touch anything in the air intake area or throttle bodies. Treat them as a sacred inner sanctum never to be violated.

Happy to answer specific questions if you have any.

Zaphod
03-16-2020, 11:14 AM
Our 2016 is a “Deluxe” model, it came with the pillion backrest. The previous owner had it removed.

Whoever did the removal simply filled the four holes with black plastic snap-in plugs.

Fortunately, the previous owner had kept everything (including the original seat)and we received the pieces when we bought the bike from the trade-in dealer.

The bike also was equipped with a Corbin seat which was too wide for my short wee legs.

So ... we swapped the original seat back in, reinstalled the pillion brackets and backrest, and added the mini luggage rack on the back.

The Corbin seat is in great shape and is now for sale at $425 plus shipping from 34994.

Photo shows rear end work in progress.

jmdaniel
03-16-2020, 02:31 PM
Our 2016 is a “Deluxe” model, it came with the pillion backrest. The previous owner had it removed.

Whoever did the removal simply filled the four holes with black plastic snap-in plugs.

The white '16 was only a Deluxe model, they made the grey in both Standard and Deluxe. I realized this when I tried to buy the filler plates with no holes in white. Honda never made a bike that came with them, so they logically never made those parts. My wife doesn't ride, so no need for the backrest, but I didn't want to take it off without filling the space. Hence, the acquisition of the plates from another rider, and painting them matte white.

https://i.imgur.com/qVCxCQgb.jpg

jm21ddd15
03-16-2020, 03:45 PM
Welcome to the group! Plenty of good info on this site.

Brasco
03-16-2020, 08:45 PM
Welcome from Wild Rose Country. Planning on tackling the air filter on my '13 in the coming weeks. Enjoy all the great advice and folks on the site.

adventurous1
03-21-2020, 01:13 AM
Welcome from Los Angeleeeeeees, California.

dksmith
03-21-2020, 05:53 AM
Welcome from eastern New York state. Stay safe.

All's well that ends.

SeaSteve
03-24-2020, 10:27 AM
The Corbin seat is in great shape and is now for sale at $425 plus shipping from 34994

I have a few questions about the Corbin seat so I'll send you a PM.

Zaphod
03-24-2020, 12:21 PM
Photos of the Corbin seat that is for sale.

WEGI
03-24-2020, 07:13 PM
Hi Cindy and Bill,

I also ride a ‘15 F6B here on the Treasure Coast. I am in Port St Lucie and spend weekends riding the area.
PM me should you like to meet up for a Saturday or Sunday ride, keeping safe in this Coronavirus time is also important to me as I am sure it is to you. I think we can keep 6 feet apart, especially riding ��

And welcome to the forum and the Treasure Coast.

WEG

Ixol Phaane
03-27-2020, 09:52 AM
Welcome! So nice to see another Bee in the forums.
I think you're gonna like it here. It's a great place for info and fun.